Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FULL VOICE ACTING MMO LOVERS, ITS HERE

fistormfistorm Member UncommonPosts: 868

I finally found what I have been looking for all morning.....

FINALLY A GAME WITH FULL VOICE OVERS AND ACTING FOR ALL NPCS IN THE GAME....

NOT A SINGLE LINE OF TEXT IN THE ENTIRE GAME!!!!!!

BIOWARE, I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.swtor.com/news/article/20090710_001

(revised website link to offical star wars the old repubic page, just in case what poster said was true about last link)

Heres the story on the OLD republic..... I cant wait.

Comments

• NospheratooNospheratoo Member Posts: 12

Yayks, such a new news :)

• ThenariusThenarius Member Posts: 1,106

Hell yeah, WRPG with monthly sub!

• blondehblondeh Member UncommonPosts: 540

Nice.............. although its old news.

That site gave me a virus btw. As soon as the webpage loaded Avira went nuts!

Virus or unwanted program 'EXP/Pidief.GI [exploit]'

detected

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Well, I hope there's an option to turn text on, because I despise having things read to me (or acted) in games and I immediately turn off all sound in a game as soon as I sign on.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• TarkaTarka Member Posts: 1,662

I'll take lots of content over full voice acting any day.  Of course, both is nice.  But I'll believe it when I can play it.

• blondehblondeh Member UncommonPosts: 540

Why do you turn off all sound? 

• PhallasPhallas Member Posts: 22

Halo (2002)  had 2000  voice sound files and that an 16 hour  single player game.
    Can you imagine the sheer amount of voice files for a mmorpg?
    Think about it, every NPC for a huge world like that.

They deserve a pat on the back for such an investment, unlike wow that just  slaps
    on some old poly models and stitches them together, Seriously all wow players need to realize how little blizzard worked on the game, you need to demand a higher standard.

“If you make an ass out of yourself, there will always be someone to ride you” - Bruce lee

Life Is not about how hard you can hit, It's about hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.- Rocky

• NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835
    Originally posted by blondeh

Why do you turn off all sound? 

Nothing to do with this game, but there are good reason's.  For me an example would be SWG.  The endlessly same theme music over and over and over again, not to mention the 'fight' music you'd trip while speeding cross country.

Mount & Blade, PotBS, Vendetta Online, AoC - pretty much the same.

My computer is in the bedroom so if I stay up and my wife goes to bed it's easier to play without sound (I hate earphones or plugs after 20yrs of wearing them in the Navy).

Now I like the sound on LotRO but can turn it off if I have to.

DDO is the only game I've found where you pretty much HAVE to play with the sound on to listen for clues.

Not to mention I can read and comprehend quicker than the machine can talk to me.  Plus what if you just don't like the voice acting?  I listened to the STO Starbase 24 trailer yesterday; it used the New Spock from the latest movie ..... big deal.  Doesn't mean a thing to me and I didn't get grabbed up by his tone.

More reasons to turn it off, than leave it on.

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter

• dhayes68dhayes68 Member UncommonPosts: 1,388

The downside: If I remember correctly, did I not also read that there is voice acting for YOUR character?  I know everyone won't agree, but in an MMO thats not cool.

Its yet another thing that makes me a bit apprehensive about TOR as far as being an MMO game. Its my char, not theirs.

Sounds like it has the potential to be a little bit too much like BioWare's standalone games with multiplayer and a subscription. 

Granted their standalone games are great but they're not what I'm looking for in an MMO.

• ThenariusThenarius Member Posts: 1,106
    Originally posted by dhayes68

The downside: If I remember correctly, did I not also read that there is voice acting for YOUR character?  I know everyone won't agree, but in an MMO thats not cool.
    Its yet another thing that makes me a bit apprehensive about TOR as far as being an MMO game. Its my char, not theirs.
    Sounds like it has the potential to be a little bit too much like BioWare's standalone games with multiplayer and a subscription. 
    Granted their standalone games are great but they're not what I'm looking for in an MMO.

It should be renamed CoRPG but meh...

• HalpotHalpot Member CommonPosts: 204

This is old news and extensively covered in the SWtOR section. 

This discussion has been closed.