Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

will it have Full Voice-Over for NPC like EverQuest2?

2»

Comments

• calphamcalpham Member Posts: 20

keep this thread alive cuz i really want to know if this game have voice-over for quest. nobody likes to read in school...but listening would be more easier to understand and to follow the quest story.

I would rather to watch and listen more than read. READING too much cause your BRAIN go KRAZY! that's why most internet people are weirdos cuz they read too much to themself  and then they get the habit of being alone to read and have their little world on their mind and then then then they talk and laugh to themself ...

this only applied if you read too much fantasy and weirdo stories

reading healthy and education stuff is a vitamin for you brrain.

oh yeah...about the file size...i dont mind if it take a whole day to install or 100gb or 150gb file size. will soon everybody will have a minimum of 1TB Hard Drive on their computer anyway..

• suu141suu141 Member Posts: 249

This is just my speculation from what I've seen in Beta clips: Some of the complex quests will have cut-scenes with voice-overs explaining the situation, while simple quests will be 'reading only'. I'm not sure if the cut-scenes I saw are part of the story related quests, so I could be entirely wrong.

I don't mind reading, but if a quest has a 10-page summary of what I need to do, in that case a cut-scene  with voice-overs would be nice.

"When you're born you're naked, when you die you're naked again, and in-between all we do is work, eat, and play MMOs." ~Forum Warrior #141

• SarykSaryk Member UncommonPosts: 476

Originally posted by blackwolf82

Is it me or are people getting lazier? I mean first EQ had a fun quest system where you typed to talk to NPCs. Then it went to DAoC where you can click a word rather then type. They also started this quest book thing in DAoC and then from there we got the ! things and now people want NPCs to verbally tell them what to do rather then be forced to read it? Seems like we can skip a lot of hassle by implanting computers into our brain and plugging ourselves directly into the computer and instantly retrieve all needed information regarding every quest in the game...
    Don't get me wrong voice overs would be really cool. I just can't get over the feeling that people are just getting lazier and lazier.
    They are, and I am their King.

Say hello to King Sloth!!!!!!

I agree however, the good ole days are gone. With a new generation wanting more and more easy game play, I hate the way games are made , way too easy.. I am a hardcore player myself and can handle the UO and EQ1 way of doing things (PvP, Quest, etc).

But do enjoy easier U.I’s and lazier mission/quest acceptance. It’s just after the quest has been accepted I have a problem.

• jeam89jeam89 Member Posts: 17

Hey everyone! Artegal here, representin' guild Genesis ;].

Just wanted to point out that no matter how justified our arguments are and how valid our statements are, what is "wrong" to you will always be "right" to someone else. Your feelings and thoughts can never be taken from you, so there is never a need to persuade others to your liking. =]

Anyway I hope that Aion has full voice-overs! I also hope it doesn't! Oh and personally, I enjoyed having to type to NPC's, but I also enjoy not having to.

I sure can't wait for Aion nonetheless! =D

• lyankyjlyankyj Member Posts: 63

The game will be 100% translated (text. audio) to Engllsh, Chinese, French and German.  + we can choose voices for our characters. 

• fistormfistorm Member UncommonPosts: 868

I dont think this has anything to do with getting lazier, hell, not mowing the lawn outside and playing video games is lazy enough.  I think the true meaning and purpose for having voice overs for me is that it brings the entire real feeling of the world closer to you, using more senses then just your eyes.  Give those dam npc's a feeling to them, get me into it like a movie would. Thats what im looking for.  I know some make the argument well, people should do reading.  The fact is, that if I want to read and use my imagination more, I would be buying books.   I have long wanted to see the voice and acting in games.  I can understand having reading as a top priority on games made for children, but for teens and up, voice acting wil not impact thier ability to read in life, as they get pleanty of it in school these days.