Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

And I thought Aion was one of the best looking MMO's out there!!

PrayfirstPrayfirst Member UncommonPosts: 10

Tech is just getting more & more out of this world!!!!!!!!

Comments

• AevenathAevenath Member UncommonPosts: 116

Finally some activity on this forum, lol. This game needs more hype, it's looking to be one of the best mmos of all time(imo).

Anyways yeah, the graphics looks awesome. The tech does just keep getting better, have you seen TERA's graphics? They're also amazing.

• PrayfirstPrayfirst Member UncommonPosts: 10

Hay Aevenathe: thanks for the post! I did check-out TERA's video, yah looks pretty good also! I thought that rock-mob was really-cool. One thing I've found too funny in more & more game, more so I think in MMO"s is what i call the (trible-B's) i.e. big-breasted-bimbos! Too funny indeed!

You have a great day Bro! And the best Merry-Christmas ever!

Big breasted bimbos are never a bad thing. :)

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,011
    Originally posted by Aevenath

Big breasted bimbos are never a bad thing. :)

They are if you have to pay them alimony.

Sorry but the joke had to be made ; )

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • bani789bani789 Member UncommonPosts: 52

• MasterChaosXMasterChaosX Member Posts: 52

Finally some activity on this forum, lol. This game needs more hype, it's looking to be one of the best mmos of all time(imo).

Anyways yeah, the graphics looks awesome. The tech does just keep getting better, have you seen TERA's graphics? They're also amazing.

why why why why WHY would you say its looking to be one of the best mmos of all time. GAH it annoys me when this game is NOT even in beta phase and your already praising it. seriously man wait until you even play it before you make assumptions about a game. And why would you want it hyped? the more hyped it gets the more people expect from it  and the more haters it gets,

• kram337kram337 Member Posts: 20

Haha you thought aion had good graphics? You can run aion full bore on computers that are 5 years old (I know I have one). If you want to see a game with beautiful graphics look at Everquest 2 or Age of Conan. Even Vanguard has better graphics than aion. Aion is just a few steps over the crap that is wow. Of course im sure 90% of the aion subs come from wow so that'd explain why they think the graphics are more than just mediocre.

On topic though; this Blade and Soul game "looks" amazing .Whether it'll have the key components of a marvelous mmo remains to be seen. I think we all know that graphics are covered but lets see the actual game play, story lines, music, and the general feel of the game.

Will it be for non-hardcore players where you can get from start to finish in a week and be fully raid geared in the next 2 weeks, like certain kids games we know? Or will it actually require discipline, time, skill, etc. So much still to be seen. I really really hope it turns out for the best.

Originally posted by MasterChaosX

why why why why WHY would you say its looking to be one of the best mmos of all time. GAH it annoys me when this game is NOT even in beta phase and your already praising it. seriously man wait until you even play it before you make assumptions about a game. And why would you want it hyped? the more hyped it gets the more people expect from it  and the more haters it gets,

Because it is LOOKING incredibly good. I will wait to pass my final judgement on it when more info is released and of course, when the game itself is released. But I stand by my statement of it looking to be one of the best MMOs because honestly, no other MMOs that have come out in this decade have even held me long enough to get to max level, aside from two or three.

I'll wait to be proven otherwise by the release of the game. :)

• PrayfirstPrayfirst Member UncommonPosts: 10

What I should have said was the (scenery) more so than just the grhs.

• LuckyRLuckyR Member UncommonPosts: 260

Went to the BS (fitting Agronym isn't it) home page started video, seen NCSOFT, stopped video clawed out my eyes and kicked my compter so as I can not ever be tricked into going to another NCSOFT game site.

Or as my daughter would say  EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

• yoyounixyoyounix Member Posts: 17
    Originally posted by LuckyR

Went to the BS (fitting Agronym isn't it) home page started video, seen NCSOFT, stopped video clawed out my eyes and kicked my compter so as I can not ever be tricked into going to another NCSOFT game site.
    Or as my daughter would say  EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Says the close minded father who judges games before playing. Try expanding your horizons, just because you don't like the company doesn't mean its bad game.

• DurillienDurillien Member Posts: 32

Have to agree with LuckyR. NCSoft has only accomplished in pushing crappy cookie-cutter grindfest MMOs thusfar. Although the trailer made the game's graphics look good, CGI is CGI. That's not gameplay graphics.

After AION's failure to deliver, I won't even begin to look at this game twice. NCSoft promises what they really can't deliver when it comes to their games.

"Aion was 'Americanized' for Western players.' Yeah, bull$@#$. The grind likely isn't too much worse than the Korean version.

Originally posted by Durillien

Have to agree with LuckyR. NCSoft has only accomplished in pushing crappy cookie-cutter grindfest MMOs thusfar. Although the trailer made the game's graphics look good, CGI is CGI. That's not gameplay graphics.
    After AION's failure to deliver, I won't even begin to look at this game twice. NCSoft promises what they really can't deliver when it comes to their games.
    "Aion was 'Americanized' for Western players.' Yeah, bull$@#$. The grind likely isn't too much worse than the Korean version.

I fail to see the CGI animation in the trailer.

I don't see why people have problems with NCSoft. Lineage 2 used to be one of the most successful games even with the grinding. Aion is really a hit or miss, but I enjoyed it before I quit.

How you can judge a game without even looking at it or reading up on it and think it's horrible because of the company is ridiculous. I guess The Old Republic is going to be bad based on your logic since KOTOR 2 was horrible.

Ah well.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

wich planet you live on.its all cg.no game yet

you want goo look try lotr when they have dx11 support

that will look good

Guess we're looking at a different trailer then because they even say it's %100 game-play footage. Are they lying about it being actual game-play because honestly it looks nothing like CG.

• yoyounixyoyounix Member Posts: 17

G-Stars trailer is 100% gameplay. It only looks CGI to you (I say to you because the movements of the characters aren't as smooth as a CGI clip) because its running on DX11 and shooting the camera at different angles. As for those who assumed this was CGI, do research and then make a claim. Otherwise you just look stupid

• zereelistzereelist Member Posts: 373

Either way it will all come down to game play..  NCsoft is one of the best at making teaser videos to keep people interested,  only to set you up for a giant letdown.  

• ShijeerShijeer Member Posts: 131

Jesus f***ing christ, I've watched the video on their website and honest to god I got an MMORGASM !

- Shijeer

• glissonglisson Member Posts: 30

This game looks really good but it also looks like a platform game. All the videos I have seen released so far always have 1 character fighting another or a single character killing a few monsters, or hoping up some rocks in a temple just like you see in platform games like gods of war. You dont see group combat, raiding etc... to me this looks like another heavy pvp focus'd game which is ok if your into pvp I guess but like Aion im afraid there wont be anything in PVE to keep my wanting to play. I liked Aion's classes and I like the grinding but the quests were lame, I mean completeing a quest gave the same xp as killing like 4-5 mobs but it took you 3 mins to kill the mobs or an hour to do the quest... Also alot of the quests were heavily group focus'ed but you couldnt find anyone to group with and last of course was the game was all based around PVP the end game is about fortress capturing and building up abyss points to buy lvl 50 gear. Its great if your really into pvp but for poeple like me who perfer pve it runs out of stuff to do. This game from all the trailers I have seen seems to play like a console action / rpg title which is great if it was a console game but I dont see how it will work as an MMO.

• TanonTanon Member UncommonPosts: 176
    Originally posted by glisson

This game looks really good but it also looks like a platform game. All the videos I have seen released so far always have 1 character fighting another or a single character killing a few monsters, or hoping up some rocks in a temple just like you see in platform games like gods of war. You dont see group combat, raiding etc... to me this looks like another heavy pvp focus'd game which is ok if your into pvp I guess but like Aion im afraid there wont be anything in PVE to keep my wanting to play. I liked Aion's classes and I like the grinding but the quests were lame, I mean completeing a quest gave the same xp as killing like 4-5 mobs but it took you 3 mins to kill the mobs or an hour to do the quest... Also alot of the quests were heavily group focus'ed but you couldnt find anyone to group with and last of course was the game was all based around PVP the end game is about fortress capturing and building up abyss points to buy lvl 50 gear. Its great if your really into pvp but for poeple like me who perfer pve it runs out of stuff to do. This game from all the trailers I have seen seems to play like a console action / rpg title which is great if it was a console game but I dont see how it will work as an MMO.

According to the interview, it's too hard to film while fighting with both characters. Also, they're trying to do something new with the quests rather than the same old 'vending machines'.

• Krn_AssassinKrn_Assassin Member Posts: 581
    Originally posted by Tanon

Originally posted by glisson

According to the interview, it's too hard to film while fighting with both characters. Also, they're trying to do something new with the quests rather than the same old 'vending machines'.

Yea the interview is posted on this board..

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682
    Originally posted by kram337

Haha you thought aion had good graphics? You can run aion full bore on computers that are 5 years old (I know I have one). If you want to see a game with beautiful graphics look at Everquest 2 or Age of Conan. Even Vanguard has better graphics than aion. Aion is just a few steps over the crap that is wow. Of course im sure 90% of the aion subs come from wow so that'd explain why they think the graphics are more than just mediocre.
    On topic though; this Blade and Soul game "looks" amazing .Whether it'll have the key components of a marvelous mmo remains to be seen. I think we all know that graphics are covered but lets see the actual game play, story lines, music, and the general feel of the game.
    Will it be for non-hardcore players where you can get from start to finish in a week and be fully raid geared in the next 2 weeks, like certain kids games we know? Or will it actually require discipline, time, skill, etc. So much still to be seen. I really really hope it turns out for the best.

Proof of how subjective these judgments can be. IMO, the three game's you cite as having the best graphics are among the ugliest AAA games still running. Not only do they all share the same "plastic" look, but another common thread is inconsistent art direction and many mismatched elements that just destroy immersion (AoC is better than EQ2 and Vanguard on those counts though). All three also have armor that is almost universally ugly, with pieces that don't mix and match well and exhibit frequent clipping problems.

IMO, Aion has just about the best character models. Even though I wish there was more variety in armor style, the gear in the game also fits the characters and blends with the rest of the game environment better than any MMO I can think of off hand. Unfortunately, I find the world design and graphics to be a mixed bag and a lot more bland in places than it needed to be.

LotRO has some incredible environments. Unfortunately I hate the character and armor models and there are some environments that don't match up with the quality found in most of the game. WoW is great at blending everything together with consistency, but the cartoonish art style is getting really old and even at release was annoying to some.

We only have screen shots and a few videos to evaluate B&S with at this point. I find some of the body proportions to be a little to extreme for my personal taste. Some won't like the anime style faces. However, it looks to have some of the best graphics, over all, that I have seen in an MMO.

Many previous MMOs have managed to get a few things right, graphics wise, but they are almost always seriously lacking in one area or another, which brings down the immersion score considerably. Hopefully future titles will be better at bringing all the elements together more successfully.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

BTW, the few screen shots for B&S on this site don't do the game justice. I just watched the 12 minute preview video in 1080i on my 42" HDTV via Comcast On-demand HD (in the G4 HD section under Cutting Edge) and it looks phenomenal.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated