Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Petition to cancel blocking Russian IPs in Mabinogi Europe

ZVV12ZVV12 Member Posts: 5

Good evening!

Russian Mabinogi Community needs your help: Russian IPs are blocked in Mabinogi Europe, though Russia IS a part of Europe, and a very big part.

We decided to start this petition: http://www.petitiononline.com/mabirus/petition.html

Read more in the petition text.

Thank in advance to everybody.

Comments

• wartywarlockwartywarlock Member Posts: 106

Or.. you could play on a russian server. Just sayin. Why dont you petition for that instead, as you might actually get somewhere

• ZVV12ZVV12 Member Posts: 5

As far as Nexon is not going to launch a Russian server and none of Russian publishers are going to publish Mabinogi in Russia, this is the only thing we can do.

Launching a Russian server would require money and effort and would take Nexon at least a year, so it's much easier to let European Russia connect to Mabinogi Europe.

• firefly2003firefly2003 Member UncommonPosts: 2,527

I dont know how much my signature would be worth if I did sign it I'm american :) but I signed it .

• IlvaldyrIlvaldyr Member CommonPosts: 2,142

I ain't russain and have absolutely no interest in Mabinogi.

But this sucks so I signed anyway.

Playing: EVE, Final Fantasy 13, Uncharted 2, Need for Speed: Shift

Each sugnature is important.

Thanks to everybody who supported us.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

I signed. IP blocks of countries is something I am fundamentally against.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• NoobfishNoobfish Member Posts: 26

I think it's because the russians are very good at hacking the games so they block them and set them up with some russian provider that they can't hack so easily or they just trace the hackers and deal with them the russian way.

• hidden1hidden1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244
    Originally posted by Noobfish

I think it's because the russians are very good at hacking the games so they block them and set them up with some russian provider that they can't hack so easily or they just trace the hackers and deal with them the russian way.

If that's true, then is Brasil and China blocked?  They're also known for blatent hacking.

• NoobfishNoobfish Member Posts: 26
    Originally posted by hidden1

Originally posted by Noobfish

If that's true, then is Brasil and China blocked?  They're also known for blatent hacking.

They are blocked.

America is blocked too.

• TeimanTeiman Member Posts: 1,319

Voted!

Thanks again.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Only 65 signatures :(

Cmmon people!

• ArchemorousArchemorous Member Posts: 197

i dont care about russians or this game, but blocking countries from accessing something on the internet is wrong. world wide web my ass.

edit: signed.

Originally posted by Archemorous

i dont care about russians or this game, but blocking countries from accessing something on the internet is wrong. world wide web my ass.
    edit: signed.

Thank you. I don't actually care if this petition will be a succes or not, we can always use a proxy, but IP blocking is something I can't accept, and especially when they say "Europe will be able to play" and European Russia is blocked.