Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Here we go again, LF Game!

RawrXPRawrXP Member Posts: 42

I've played EQ, CoH, WoW, Runescape... Hmm.. I think that's about it for MMOs.. I liked EQ a lot. Never really enjoyed WoW much.. Bored me, really. City of Heroes was my favorite easily, but after they released the quest builder thing, the game became unplayable to me. Runescape has always been my fall-back MMO, I've always found some enjoyment playing it.

I like MMOs where you can solo. Strongly dislike MMOs where you get forced into groups to do anything.  I prefer p2p, f2p is alright but not an item mall. I have never been into pvp, so nothing that revolves around pvp. It's alright if pvp is there, just  nothing forced on you.

Also, something with a good community.

Other than that, I'm open to anything! Doesn't have to fit typical MMO guidelines. Thank you in advance ^_^

((>_<)) ~Aesoa

Comments

• TazuwukeiTazuwukei Member Posts: 45

Try Mabinogi, I played it for 8 months before I got bored. It has a load of features, such as: twitch style countering combat system, an amazing storyline, and musical composition for anyone interested in being a bard.

edit: oh yeah, Mabinogi resembles runescape the most, where you can basically do whatever you want go anywhere and level any skills you want. Another reason why I think you might enjoy it.

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035
    Originally posted by Tazuwukei

Try Mabinogi, I played it for 8 months before I got bored. It has a load of features, such as: twitch style countering combat system, an amazing storyline, and musical composition for anyone interested in being a bard.

edit: oh yeah, Mabinogi resembles runescape the most, where you can basically do whatever you want go anywhere and level any skills you want. Another reason why I think you might enjoy it.

Megaten copies Mabinogi's base combat with pet-based play on top of it. Can't vouch for the post lvl-30 game, but it's a great experience up till then, deffo worth a try as well. Both games have CS counterparts though, doesn't mean you have to buy.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• uhjpaeuhjpae Member Posts: 165

Try Atlantica Online for a change. It's a turn-based strategic mmorpg. I really like this game because it's strategy based and it's a really new experience for me.

• zeowyrmzeowyrm Member Posts: 746

My thoughts: If you enjoyed CoH, try Champions Online.

• LexiscatLexiscat Member Posts: 204
    Originally posted by RawrXP

I've played EQ, CoH, WoW, Runescape... Hmm.. I think that's about it for MMOs.. I liked EQ a lot. Never really enjoyed WoW much.. Bored me, really. City of Heroes was my favorite easily, but after they released the quest builder thing, the game became unplayable to me. Runescape has always been my fall-back MMO, I've always found some enjoyment playing it.
    I like MMOs where you can solo. Strongly dislike MMOs where you get forced into groups to do anything.  I prefer p2p, f2p is alright but not an item mall. I have never been into pvp, so nothing that revolves around pvp. It's alright if pvp is there, just  nothing forced on you.
    Also, something with a good community.
    Other than that, I'm open to anything! Doesn't have to fit typical MMO guidelines. Thank you in advance ^_^

I would suggest The Chronicles of Spellborn. Its free right now, with no cash shop. Combat system is different then anything out there. The rotating action bar seems shallow and unimportant at first, but after level 10 or so the possibilities start to really be evident.

It was in redevelopment last I heard inorder to implement a cash shop, but I haven't heard anything about them adding a cash shop yet, so its a free AA MMO at the moment.

“Nothing excites jaded Grandmasters more than a theoretical novelty”

• MasterchiefMMasterchiefM Member Posts: 99

You could also try Vanguard. It has progressed alot since release but dont expect the population to be huge. Other then that there are not alot of very good MMO's out there (In my own opinion of course). I have played all the MMO's you listed and lots more over the years. Out of all of them only a few really stood out.

AoC was one but its PvP heavy. You arent forced to PvP but when you really look at the game from afar thats what they want you to do (example Siege battles etc) and the server population was minimal last I played it.

Vanguard was a great MMO but its terrible release really gave it a bad rep so now the population is next to dead (Correct me if im wrong)

Aion is decent if your just looking for a fix. But as with most Asian MMO's I play its becomes a grind fest soon after you get partway through the game. And as with AoC its PvP heavy.

Could add more but dont want my post to be over 9000 pages long.

• RawrXPRawrXP Member Posts: 42

Thank you everybody. I'm going to try a couple of these out. Trying to get a buddy key to try out Champions Online ^_^

I tried out Dungeons and Dragons online a bit, I really liked the community on there, and the game was decent but.. Just couldn't get past the fact that it was an item mall >.<

((>_<)) ~Aesoa

• LeagolxLeagolx Member Posts: 222

My recommendation is go back to coh they have made the quest maker not worth the time now so people are actually doing mission or so i hear from my friends from the game im thinking of starting back up.

If your going to ban the trolls please for our sake ban the Fan Boys too.

• joilidjoilid Member Posts: 4

You might want to check out this MMORPG called Darkwind. The gameplay is very unusual for an MMORPG. It's split into web-based and client-based, and gameplay in the client is turn-based driving + combat. Think of it as Fallout with cars.

What I like about the game is that the community is very friendly. The first time I joined, a couple of guys greeted me and said hello. People are also all too wililng to help a newb get started on his/her feet. Just be prepared though, the gameplay is unlike anything you've ever seen.