Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mortal online?

2»

Comments

• TheConfinedTheConfined Member Posts: 46

unless its a fucking novel its not going to do shit

Mortal Online is worthless vaporware and the team working on the game is a group of morons that should never make games for the rest of their lives

• HerculesSASHerculesSAS Member Posts: 1,272
    Originally posted by Diekfoo

Originally posted by TheConfined

"Well, you think combat sucks. I think the combat is the best ever done in any MMO, even thou it will be balanced up constantly. Not everyone like that realistic style"

lol best ever done in any MMO?  I guess MO is the MMO you've ever played then because I find it hard for anyone to say something that god damn retarded.  MO doesn't even have a single secondary skill and the only thing you can do is slash or thrust attack and block.  Wow ya thats totally next gen gaming right there!  Wielding your weapon makes you slow down to a crawl...this has to be the most fucking retarded feature I've ever seen added to an MMO as well as the fact that you have to stand still for like 3 seconds just to draw your weapon.
    Seriously Diekfoo, put the crack pipe down. 

I have played basically all MMO's on the market, since Everquest1 preluclin.MO have the most realistic melee in any MMO and involve lots of tactics and real skill and it is fun. But I do think that some people might like the WoW-smashing key style more.

Why is it always that when we ask for a "why" it devolves into a "go back to WOW" mentality?

Why do you think MO's combat is "realistic" and "deep"? I would compare MO to UO because that's the comparison they chose to make -- UO's combat had as I said, offensive modes, defensive modes (not little buttons but through actual gameplay), strategy, combos, combo breakers, reversals of those combos, group dynamics that amount to more than ganking, and a LOT of utility spells for movement, hiding, stopping movement, dots, and more.

What does MO have that makes it revolutionary or "skillful"? I would honestly say WOW takes more skill to play well than MO does.

• TheConfinedTheConfined Member Posts: 46

"I have played basically all MMO's on the market, since Everquest1 preluclin.MO have the most realistic melee in any MMO and involve lots of tactics and real skill and it is fun. But I do think that some people might like the WoW-smashing key style more."

Ya cuz spamming right click apparently takes more skill than having to memorize a shitload of hotkeys that all need to be executed flawlessly.  And as Hercules already pointed out, there arent any secondary skills at all so wtf are you talking about it involves lots of tactics and real skill? lol?  Other games are WAYYYYYYYYYYY harder because theres a shitload more things you need to pay attention to and be aware of whereas in MO the melee is very straight forward.  In fact you can't possibly get anymore straight forward than MO combat so how you think it takes skill is amazing.

you want good melee combat that requires real skill? 

http://combatarms.nexon.net/

this game has better melee combat than any other game you will ever play AND THE BEST PART IS ITS FREE!

it shits all over MO's combat and you don't have to travel 20 minutes looking for fights or spend days macroing your skills up just to be competitive

Mortal Online is just a FPS game in a retardedly big and pointless world with virtually nothing to do at all except do exactly what you would do in an FPS game unless of course you want to build a completely retarded and pointless house that servers absofuckinglutely no purpose whatsoever and requires no actual skill to acquire, just a retarded amount of time farming ez as fuck to get resources.

So why not just skip the bullshit and get right down to the fucking point?  Why pay 70$ for a shitty empty game and a monthly service charge when you can play a game thats 100% free at all times and does a better job than the game that costs $$.

• kriebloodkrieblood Member Posts: 223

"I have played basically all MMO's on the market, since Everquest1 preluclin.MO have the most realistic melee in any MMO and involve lots of tactics and real skill and it is fun. But I do think that some people might like the WoW-smashing key style more."

Ya cuz spamming right click apparently takes more skill than having to memorize a shitload of hotkeys that all need to be executed flawlessly.  And as Hercules already pointed out, there arent any secondary skills at all so wtf are you talking about it involves lots of tactics and real skill? lol?  Other games are WAYYYYYYYYYYY harder because theres a shitload more things you need to pay attention to and be aware of whereas in MO the melee is very straight forward.  In fact you can't possibly get anymore straight forward than MO combat so how you think it takes skill is amazing.

this game has better melee combat than any other game you will ever play AND THE BEST PART IS ITS FREE!
    it shits all over MO's combat and you don't have to travel 20 minutes looking for fights or spend days macroing your skills up just to be competitive
    Mortal Online is just a FPS game in a retardedly big and pointless world with virtually nothing to do at all except do exactly what you would do in an FPS game unless of course you want to build a completely retarded and pointless house that servers absofuckinglutely no purpose whatsoever and requires no actual skill to acquire, just a retarded amount of time farming ez as fuck to get resources.
    So why not just skip the bullshit and get right down to the fucking point?  Why pay 70$ for a shitty empty game and a monthly service charge when you can play a game thats 100% free at all times and does a better job than the game that costs $$.

LOL dude your such a  troll.

Look at his history nothing but MO trashing LOL your a joke.

Mortal Online/EarthRise/Project V13
    TheVindicators.com

• gnomad1gnomad1 Member Posts: 151
    Originally posted by krieblood

LOL dude your such a  troll.

Look at his history nothing but MO trashing LOL your a joke.

Truth hurts doesn't it?

You want to talk about a joke? Take a look in the sycophant fawnboi shill mirror and tell me what you see.

"If you were as smart as you think you are, you would realize that you are an idiot"

• mrcalhoumrcalhou Member UncommonPosts: 1,444

Ah. The joys of name-calling.

--------
    "Chemistry: 'We do stuff in lab that would be a felony in your garage.'"

The most awesomest after school special T-shirt:
    Front: UNO Chemistry Club
    Back: /\OH --> Bad Decisions

• LiquidWolfLiquidWolf Member CommonPosts: 516

HerculeSAS:

On your old topic, which I just can't seem to find anymore, you were talking about the recent financial documents:

http://www.aktietorget.se/pressdocs/StarVault/52986/STVA%20B%2020091104%204.pdf

Were these them?

Not sure about recent sales, but as of Nov 4 they seem to have 13,500 purchasers/testers. I don't know, the game seems to have just about as much bad as good so far.

Hrm... there is a quote about that...

But the successes and failures have been in balance. Which would suggest that I/we have chosen the correct path.

• Originally posted by LiquidWolf

HerculeSAS:
    On your old topic, which I just can't seem to find anymore, you were talking about the recent financial documents:
    Were these them?
    Not sure about recent sales, but as of Nov 4 they seem to have 13,500 purchasers/testers. I don't know, the game seems to have just about as much bad as good so far.
    But the successes and failures have been in balance. Which would suggest that I/we have chosen the correct path.

The thing is, right now the game may have sold 13,000 accounts but people aren't being billed monthly yet and I guarantee you all that will happen is everyone will play it for a month and then unsub and "check back in 6 months" and by which point the game will be dead. 

I don't understand where these people get the idea that as soon as the game 'releases' everything will be magically okay. The game has already released technically as they're selling the beta client with the pre-order so how magically is the game going to suddenly do well? 

• LiquidWolfLiquidWolf Member CommonPosts: 516
    Originally posted by xTwiSteDx

Originally posted by LiquidWolf

HerculeSAS:
    Were these them?

The thing is, right now the game may have sold 13,000 accounts but people aren't being billed monthly yet and I guarantee you all that will happen is everyone will play it for a month and then unsub and "check back in 6 months" and by which point the game will be dead. 

I don't understand where these people get the idea that as soon as the game 'releases' everything will be magically okay. The game has already released technically as they're selling the beta client with the pre-order so how magically is the game going to suddenly do well? 

You wouldn't be including me in your "these people" would you? I don't even think I mention the word release...

Every single MMO needs months after release to make adjustments and become "acceptable" to a wide number of players... the one's who talked bad about it tend to go somewhere else by that time too.

There are no delusions where i'm standing...