Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I have to say SOE has the best Customer Service.

I'm not a fan of what SOE did to SWG or PS and I'm not a fan of the direction they're going down these days. They haven't released a proper big MMO since 2004 and it just looks like they're going down the console/casual road like everyone else. However last month I resubbed to SWG and got a free month for EQ2 and have been playing their games, just for nostalgia reasons really as I get this itch once a year to come back to them. 

I've come across some bugs, deleted items by mistake and other things like Treasure chests spawn intside structures and not being able to get to them. In most MMOs I've played I contact Customer Service and never hear back from them. I remember when my ex got mad at me and delete my characters in a few MMOs. SOE gave me them all back where as Blizzard said "tough Luck" lol. When I had technical problems with WoW, Blizzard never ever helped me and to this day they still haven't fixed the problems with my GPU and their game. However SOE are always willing to help and they always respond fast, within 24 hours.

So no matter how angry I am at them for the whole SWG thing, I have to say that I wish every MMO had a customer service as helpful as theirs.

Comments

• Cristina1Cristina1 Member UncommonPosts: 372

for every one satisfied customer like yourself, they have a thousand disgruntled ones. Avoid like the plague.

• IlvaldyrIlvaldyr Member CommonPosts: 2,142

Aww. They deleted the roflrus. That's just mean!

But yeah, SOE hit sewer level with the NGE.

They may have clawed themselves up the respectability scale a step or two, but they're still ankle-deep in crusty crap as far as I'm concerned. They've a hell of a way to go before they regain the respect of the MMO playing community.

This genre ain't known for having short memories.

Playing: EVE, Final Fantasy 13, Uncharted 2, Need for Speed: Shift
  • mmoluvammoluva Member UncommonPosts: 323

EA is my favorite producer of games then SOE.  I've always had fun with both of these companies games. 

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465

The OP should consider that SOE has so few people playing their games now, since many bad management decisions across many of their games have decimated  populations, that the few CSRs remaining have plenty of time on their hands.

So much so, that few of the games have "dedicated" CSRs anymore, a CSR might cover several games.

I had a problem during the SWG last vet trial, and the CSR didn't know jack about the game, since he was primarily involved with EQ2. Plus he was a moron. I had an email exchange go on for 3 days before getting a non-answer, because the CSRs didn't understand the problem.

Sounds like the OP got lucky and ran into a CSR that didn't want to lose their job.

• mokoleusmokoleus Member Posts: 142

i once had a issue in the great barrows in LOTRO. couple of buddies and i had a go at it, and one of the bosses bugged on us. submitted a ticket, and went on our way, figuring it wasn't going to help that night. less then 10 minutes later, had a GM messaging me, and he reset the boss for us. haven't found any customer service compare to that yet.  though i must admit, pre-cu, we used to talk to the GMs in SWG, afterwards, they seem to go into hiding.... haha

• Cyborg99Cyborg99 Member Posts: 576

Big corporations are evil and they cause global warming.... I agree with you, I've never had a problem with customer service from a big company and I find them to be more efficient then these "indie" companys. I actually quite enjoy watching the big corps steamroll the tiny helpless indie companies.

Trolls = Hardcore
    Fanbois = Carebears

The only posts I read in threads are my own.

• Nightbringe1Nightbringe1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,335
    Originally posted by Varny

I'm not a fan of what SOE did to SWG or PS and I'm not a fan of the direction they're going down these days. They haven't released a proper big MMO since 2004 and it just looks like they're going down the console/casual road like everyone else. However last month I resubbed to SWG and got a free month for EQ2 and have been playing their games, just for nostalgia reasons really as I get this itch once a year to come back to them. 
    I've come across some bugs, deleted items by mistake and other things like Treasure chests spawn intside structures and not being able to get to them. In most MMOs I've played I contact Customer Service and never hear back from them. I remember when my ex got mad at me and delete my characters in a few MMOs. SOE gave me them all back where as Blizzard said "tough Luck" lol. When I had technical problems with WoW, Blizzard never ever helped me and to this day they still haven't fixed the problems with my GPU and their game. However SOE are always willing to help and they always respond fast, within 24 hours.
    So no matter how angry I am at them for the whole SWG thing, I have to say that I wish every MMO had a customer service as helpful as theirs.

In over 10 years playing SOE games I have yet to have an problem with customer service. They have always managed to help me resolve my issues.

This included the time the server crashed as I was looting my body and lost half of my gear. A GM showed up withing 30 minutes and reset my character to that mornings save point.

Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.
    Benjamin Franklin

• svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230

Ive always had decent response time on petitions in soe games. 

• BuzWeaverBuzWeaver Member UncommonPosts: 978

Like NightBringe, I'm a 10 year SOE Vet as well. I'd have to say that most of my customer service experience has been good to exceptionable. Typically on forums you'll hear from disgruntled players as the forums serves as a vehicle to express their angst. Any praise of a company typically gives rise to Fanboi beat downs.

The Old Timers Guild
    Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!

www.oldtimersguild.com
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it. - Jef Mallett

• JestorRodoJestorRodo Member UncommonPosts: 2,642

I am going to let this one go because I know of Kids that Believe in Santa Clause as well.

Unaware of the Jestor?
    http://about.me/JestorRodo/

Friends enjoy his classic Vblog - https://www.facebook.com/GoodOldReliableNathan

• HowryHowry Member UncommonPosts: 116

One of the reasons I enjoyed Vanguard so much. Not only is it a great game but the customer service there has always been stellar.

• AbrahmmAbrahmm Member Posts: 2,448

I had some ok interactions with SOE customer service, but the bad one sticks out in my mind the most. During the CU, me and some guild mates were doing quest chains on Kashyyk. Well, in one of the quests I bugged and couldn't pick up the item that I needed to pick up, but everyone else got it fine. I submitted a ticket, and in a little bit got the response "I'm sorry, but we aren't allowed to help with any Rage of the Wookiee quests" ...

Really?

Yeah.

Tried: LotR, CoH, AoC, WAR, Jumpgate Classic
    Played: SWG, Guild Wars, WoW
    Playing: Eve Online, Counter-strike
    Loved: Star Wars Galaxies
    Waiting for: Earthrise, Guild Wars 2, anything sandbox.

• grandpagamergrandpagamer Member Posts: 2,221

EA is the only company ive ever had any problems with. But im sure the SOE horror stories are on the horizon, so buckle up and prepare for the lamentations and gnashing of the teeth.

• DoktorTeufelDoktorTeufel Member UncommonPosts: 413

Setting aside the fact that Blizzard tries to change and evolve World of Warcraft to suit what their players seem to be asking for — as opposed to SoE, who ignored their entire player base and destroyed Star Wars Galaxies in an attempt to clone World of Warcraft and cash in — all I take from this is that it's a lot easier to provide customer service for a few hundred thousand customers (whom you desperately need to keep) than it is for tens of millions of people.

Basically, Blizzard's customer base is gigantic and constantly growing; they can't keep up. SOE's customer base is small and constantly shrinking, so it's much easier for them.

And finally, I'd rather be annoyed by a GPU problem than have the entire game destroyed.

Currently Playing: EVE Online
    Retired From: UO, FFXI, AO, SWG, Ryzom, GW, WoW, WAR

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,179

I've only used customer support once in Vanguard and in less than 5 minutes I had a GM standing in front of my character.

Low population has its perks I suppose.

EQ2 support seems about average.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• BloodDualityBloodDuality Member UncommonPosts: 404
    Originally posted by JestorRodo

I am going to let this one go because I know of Kids that Believe in Santa Clause as well.

Santa is Real! Just that as we grow older an ummm hair, he loses interest in us, and doesn't want to bring us any more presents.

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

This year at the soe fanfaire, the head of soe customer support announced that soe was no longer outsourcing their customer service to other countries and would instead handle customer support inhouse.

The response from the crowd was perhaps the loudest cheering of the entire presentation which included panels of all the soe games.  It was certainly the only portion of the all-game presentation where every group cheered in unison.

People do not cheer when a company gets rid of "the best" customers support in the industry.  Soe obviously made this change, because there was a problem and the cheers from the players reinforced that they were happy to see that customer service go away.

• SarykSaryk Member UncommonPosts: 476

SOE has gotten better. But they get real good before the release of an expansion.

• JestorRodoJestorRodo Member UncommonPosts: 2,642

Originally posted by BloodDuality
    Originally posted by JestorRodo I am going to let this one go because I know of Kids that Believe in Santa Clause as well. 

Santa is Real! Just that as we grow older an ummm hair, he loses interest in us, and doesn't want to bring us any more presents.

Did I say that I did not believe? Perhaps you have grown older but I am staring at a 3 foot stocking hanging by the Mantle with name "Jestor" on it.

Unaware of the Jestor?
    http://about.me/JestorRodo/

Friends enjoy his classic Vblog - https://www.facebook.com/GoodOldReliableNathan

• SweetZoidSweetZoid Member Posts: 437

Yeah they are great. I posted a bugg and they came helped me 1-2 minutes later. Have had more issues than that and they always help me as fast as they can :) Was playing Vanguard: Saga of heroes.