Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I just logged in for the first time in years...

In my inventory is my mark of shame & stupidity. I could remember it like it was yesterday - my fists of rage, my dizzy anger, my hatred...

I had purchased a Holocron for 7 million credits (big money back in my day). It ended up being a Chance Cube that someone simply named "Holocron". It still hasn't told me anything...

btw, game sucks.

Comments

• KazaraKazara Member UncommonPosts: 1,086

Oh my. I thought holo's during the holo-grind were going  for 1-2 million, but I never bought any. I'd remember that to...and I would have remembered reporting the scammer as well to get every one of my 7 million credits back.

I suspect that more people would agree with your current assessment of the game than not. At least you didn't return to a closed server.

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907
    Originally posted by Kazara

At least you didn't return to a closed server.

This! 

Unlike players on 12 other closed servers, at least you got to be reminded of the game you played without having to spend $50 to transfer your toon. I'm curious...would you have paid the $50 to play your old toon?

It's too bad you didn't enjoy the current game...I hate to see anyone waste money, especially in this economy and at this time of the year. But...you're not alone mate. The sheer number of unaddressed bugs, problems and frustration is growing daily. It's a real shame too...SWG is a goldmine for any dedicated/committed company. Unfortunately, the only team at SoE "dedicated" to selling and adding more to the game seems to be their TCG division.

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261
    Originally posted by TUX426

This! 

Unlike players on 12 other closed servers, at least you got to be reminded of the game you played without having to spend $50 to transfer your toon. I'm curious...would you have paid the $50 to play your old toon?

Actually, for now, if you come back and your character is on a shutdown server you can put a ticket in and a GM will usually transfer it for free.

• ericlatrelleericlatrelle Member UncommonPosts: 176
    Originally posted by Obraik

Originally posted by TUX426

This! 

Actually, for now, if you come back and your character is on a shutdown server you can put a ticket in and a GM will usually transfer it for free.

And that's the thing. It shouldn't be that way. You pay 14.99 to re-sub. Then find out your toons are held hostage on a dead server and have to pay an additional 50 bones just to play? That's absurd. I wouldn't even bother playing if I was in that situation.

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907
    Originally posted by Obraik 

Where was this announced? Could you please provide a link? Is it announced when a player re-subs? Is there a pop-up they get? What I'm wondering is WHERE a returning player would get this information before they pay the $50 (per toon) or just quit.

• NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835

Granted things get changed and extended at the drop of a hat but the last I read about the server shut downs / transfer's in Oct was:

- You had until X date (can't remember but it's past now) to log on and transfer.

- As of a later X date you couldn't created a toon on one of the closed servers.

- As of X date (matched my first X date) you wouldn't be able to even log onto the old server to retrieve your toon.

I read up on it because my son on a Navy deployment had a toon on Kett.  When he came back in Nov and tried to log onto his Kett toon (mid-Nov) it wouldn't let him and the toon and stuff (it was a throw away toon anyway) wasn't accessable.

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter