Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's the best MMORPG on the market at the moment (P2P/F2P

MystixalMystixal Member UncommonPosts: 21

So.. What is it?

P2P:

F2P:

OzGames

Comments

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

The one you'd enjoy most which depends on your preferences which I don't know.

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• UrrthlingUrrthling Member Posts: 14

Eventhough that question is stupid, ill put in my 2 cents.

None, they are all grinds; so I just started playing  Dragon Age, reading books and took up a new hobby.

• metalhead980metalhead980 Member Posts: 2,658

Your going to get a ton of different answers dude.

For a person like me thats just tired of the fantasy EQ/WoW type games my Favorite P2p is Eve Online.

Can't get much further from the standard mmo mechanics than a spaceship, high risk sandbox.

As for F2p I also tend to gravitate toword non wow/eq clones.

It's not easy trying to play a game that offers a different type but two come to mind.

Atlantica Online and Mabinogi.

Ones a turn based mmo ala finalfantasy rpgs and the other is a anime inspired sandbox with skill system and randomized dungeons.

Both are decent games to play for a month or so.

PLaying: EvE, Ryzom

Waiting For: Earthrise, Perpetuum

• greed0104greed0104 Member Posts: 2,134
    Originally posted by maji

The one you'd enjoy most which depends on your preferences which I don't know.

QFT

• SignusMSignusM Member Posts: 2,225

Depends on what you like.

For casuals who don't really play real MMORPGs, Wow is probably as good as it gets.

For sandbox lovers, Eve is a good shot. With Fallen Earth and Darkfall hovering somewhere under it for those who don't like the slow pace of Eve. (DF above FE)

For PvP lovers, there's Darkfall and Dark Age of Camelot, really no contenders there.

Crafters, Eve again, and Fallen Earth.

For bizzare games trying something totally different, Second Life, Ryzom, few others.

But there really is no BEST, but there sure are some BAD. But it also depends on standards. Like, you measure up WoW as an MMORPG and it easily falls on its face, what with all the mini games, teleporting into instances, achievements, vanity pets, that makes WoW play more like a box set of mini games. EQ vs WoW measured as an MMO, WoW will always lose.

Measure WoW against EQ as a casual short little fun experience, EQ will always lose. 

• talismen351talismen351 Member Posts: 1,124

At one point I woulda said P2P. But the F2P games that are  comming out, are comming out better than P2P games. Many F2P,in my opinion, are being released with fewer bugs, as good graphics, and same grind as most P2P. Most times I would rather see many F2P with a payment model because they are comming out so much better.

Compare Alganon (P2P) and Allods (F2P). The two latest I have beta tested and tried.

Alganon is poorly done. Bad graphics, buggy and a horribly done WoW wanna be. Yet the devs feel  it is well worth the same price and monthly fee as any decent P2P MMO.

Allods is well done. Nice graphics, not too buggy (I am sure there is some issues, but none I have encountered). Sure it is a WoW wanna be as well. Kinda the same look and feel about it. But...it is free. And you can play a F2P game without dumping your life savings into it. Just learn a bit of self controle.

The only decent P2P MMOs are brought by indie devs (with the exception of alganon). Don't expect too much from the big name devs, they stick to the WoW formula.

• MyreanMyrean Member Posts: 186

Pay  to play- This is somewhat for those who wants a better graphics and gameplay which is quite important to attracting the audience. And expect less lag, but if you got bored with it since you are paying the subscription,you will be forced to play it since you're PAYING money and you simply don't want to waste money till your subscription ends. No choice?

For a Free to play- This attracts more gamers and most popular since it's free anytime you can try it right? once you don't feel the game you can just look for the other. Some f2p are not has a great graphics and gameplay compare to the p2p. And Expect more lags and more botters...?

Now it's for you to decide... :)