Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Auto Login

RhoklawRhoklaw Member EpicPosts: 7,237

I've been a member for a little over a year now and I've noticed that when I check the box for auto login upon visiting the website, it unchecks itself after a couple days. Not sure if there is a way to fix this or not, but it happens randomly. Sometimes I can go a week without it changing, sometimes it reverts back to login required after one day.

Its not really a bug persay, but it does exist. Other then that, I love the website and you've made some great changes over the past year, so keep it up.

Comments

• GreatnessGreatness Member UncommonPosts: 2,094
    First of all, you might have cookies off. But, I do not think that is it, because I check it and then like 30 minutes later when I come to the site, I am not logged in lol. I don't really mind though, I am fast at typing in my username and password here, because I come here so much.

~Greatness~

MMORPG Blog
    Currently Playing:
    Nothing

• BambulBambul Member UncommonPosts: 49
    I have the same experience, the worse thing is that it sometimes happens to me even within one session. It's not a big problem, but it's a bit annoying, would be great if someone could do something about it...

--- Bambul's Signature ---

• MeddleMeddle Administrator UncommonPosts: 756
    We are aware of the problem, heck it happens to us too!  We are steadily working our way through a task list that's about a mile long and this is on it somewhere.  But we are aware of this problem and are working towards erradicating the issue.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

• RhoklawRhoklaw Member EpicPosts: 7,237

<does his best Sybok immation as he approaches Meddle>

Share your problems with me and gain strength from the sharing!!

Seriously though, its just a minor bug, but I wasn't sure if it was me or not. Love MMORPG.com so don't fret over your mile long TO DO LIST.

• im still getting this problem im useing firefox
  • ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912
    Still have it, too. Very annoying.
  • sempiternalsempiternal Member UncommonPosts: 1,082

Over two years after the OP and this seems to be a constant problem for the site.

You check the Auto-Login option in My Profile and after some time, you get logged out and the option unchecks itself.

So, when you log back in, the Auto-Login is unchecked again.  Checking it off again and saving your profile again only lasts temporarily as you will then be logged out again and the option unchecked again.  And the cycle continues...

• sempiternalsempiternal Member UncommonPosts: 1,082
    Originally posted by Meddle

We are aware of the problem, heck it happens to us too!  We are steadily working our way through a task list that's about a mile long and this is on it somewhere.  But we are aware of this problem and are working towards erradicating the issue.

Holy WoW, two and a half years ago you were working towards erradicating this issue!  I guess running an MMO website is kind of like developing an MMO.

Originally posted by sempiternal

Originally posted by Meddle

Holy WoW, two and a half years ago you were working towards erradicating this issue!  I guess running an MMO website is kind of like developing an MMO.

lol

• LatinaLatina Member Posts: 53
    LOL! I just realized this was made in 2005.
    Originally posted by Latina

LOL! I just realized this was made in 2005.
    Yep, and the problem has never been corrected. Imagine that?
  • LatinaLatina Member Posts: 53
    LMFAO! Owned. >.>
  • SioBabbleSioBabble Member Posts: 2,803

Hello?

Is this thing on?

This just happened to me tonight, it had been pretty solid for a week, then the auto login box decided to uncheck itself.

BTW, it happened right after I pressed "post message".  Which was irritating, but thankfully the backarrow took me to my text, I was able to copy and paste it after logging in.

CH, Jedi, Commando, Smuggler, BH, Scout, Doctor, Chef, BE...yeah, lots of SWG time invested.

Once a denizen of Ahazi