Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Necropost

BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

Many people are just posting in old threads (Sometimes that were a flame war or to start/continue a useless rant) that don't need to be revived again and nothing is being done so I would like that you add in the list of reports "necro posting".

Some penalties I would think on:

- If you are reported on necro posting (Obviously unless your the thread starter) you just get the post deleted and if the thread was very old then maybe lock the thread too.

- If x user is reported on necro posting 2-5 times apart of the above he/she would get a warning.

- If x user keeps on necro posting and gets x number of warnings from mods (Dunno exactly how many warnings are needed before real measurements are done) maybe a 2 day ban, it's something not that bad but still shouldn't be done.

What do you think people? A mod/gm response would be great.

Comments

• 133794m3r133794m3r Member Posts: 173

In reality, are any posts on this site necroposts? 99.9% of all threads EVER POSTED on this site are the exact same things in the exact same threads. Sure the exact wording diviates a tad bit but nothing much. So would you rather have people necroing posts? Or rather just repost the same thing so teh flamewar cant restart? I personally find both of the same quality.

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

Not really while there can be threads with the same meanings there are many that go revive an old flame war just because they were not here when the thread was started.

Another example is people that make a thread saying x game has gender locked classes (An example) and this thread stopped being "active" in 2008 then some guy posts in 2009 saying that they fixed it (And yes these type happen more then you may think)

I don't think that a 2 day ban (you can still visit the website but can't comment) is a lot since I said that if x user keeps on necro posting several times.

Just now some random new account was made and made on 8 posts in very old threads... was is useful? no not really

should the posts get deleted? in my opinion yes.

• HalpotHalpot Member CommonPosts: 204

The topic of how to deal with necroposting is currently under discussion. 

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

Ok thanks for informing us :P