Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Runescape - Update from E3 Junior MMO for kids?!

2»

Comments

• devilisciousdeviliscious Member UncommonPosts: 4,359
    Originally posted by Reactionimg

Originally posted by deviliscious

7 year olds that  are not coordinated enough to play halo!

Haha, oh wow! You casuals and your Halo.

Who wants to tell her that Halo is the casualest piece of casualness this side of casualville and that it was practically made for 7 year olds?

LOL, you just proved my point .. If the kids playing Runescape are not coordinated enough to play halo ( as most 7 yr olds ARE in fact coordinated enough to play halo) that they are forced to play insanely easy games such as runescape instead.

In other words, I was saying that Runescape is so easy, and take so little skill or coordination to play that even the clumsy 7 yr olds that are not able to play halo can play this instead.   so if the most casual player is playing halo, and runescape is even easier than halo how casual and how much skill does Runescape take to play? LMAO!

I guess that just went completely over your head.

Originally posted by kesleri

Well i only log on in European servers since i have low latency, but i have been playing since 2002 ... And i not once have found anything which you have described there ... I guess you know a bunch of friendly players who like to "date" and "lie" over the internet, but you do have a really high interest in what they are up too involving their internet activities.

I actually did not chat much in game ... Spend more time on Teamspeak and ventrillo  and you will see what I am talking about . LOL

I was a guild leader.. I had to talk to people whether or not I wanted to. You would not have believed some of the insane video applications we received over the years. It wasn't that I wanted to " meet" these people it was they just showed up. I met many players over the years due to being  the leader of a  very large clan. It wasn't that I was " interested " in their internet activities, it was that alot of this was found out during the screening process before allowing applicants to join the clan/ guild. We basically ran " background" checks and checked player credibility prior to admtting them. LOL

• ReactionimgReactionimg Member Posts: 4

Originally posted by Reactionimg

7 year olds that  are not coordinated enough to play halo!

Haha, oh wow! You casuals and your Halo.

Who wants to tell her that Halo is the casualest piece of casualness this side of casualville and that it was practically made for 7 year olds?

LOL, you just proved my point .. If the kids playing Runescape are not coordinated enough to play halo ( as most 7 yr olds ARE in fact coordinated enough to play halo) that they are forced to play insanely easy games such as runescape instead.

In other words, I was saying that Runescape is so easy, and take so little skill or coordination to play that even the clumsy 7 yr olds that are not able to play halo can play this instead.   so if the most casual player is playing halo, and runescape is even easier than halo how casual and how much skill does Runescape take to play? LMAO!

I guess that just went completely over your head.

Oh, alright then. Continue with your shitty game bashing.

• misterdurpmisterdurp Member Posts: 157

Im just wondering whats wrong with RS being a game thats targeted towards kids? the casual market (where young children are a big part of) is just massive and developers lately have been paying more and more attention to this fairly new market. i think its a great new move mmos have taken, Free Realms being a prime example next to RS.

leaving that dead beaten discussion aside, i recently started playing this game. being unfamiliar with true sandboxes (the thing that came closest was Anarchy Online, which is a great game btw) i kinda liked it, apart from the community (heh, who would have thought?! ;P) from what i understand the tutorial is (or was?) changed but i had no problems with it. it was pretty boring but so are most tutorials in games. i liked the huge activity in the game, and ill be playing it for a while (as a free member).

Originally posted by misterdurp

Im just wondering whats wrong with RS being a game thats targeted towards kids? the casual market (where young children are a big part of) is just massive and developers lately have been paying more and more attention to this fairly new market. i think its a great new move mmos have taken, Free Realms being a prime example next to RS.
    leaving that dead beaten discussion aside, i recently started playing this game. being unfamiliar with true sandboxes (the thing that came closest was Anarchy Online, which is a great game btw) i kinda liked it, apart from the community (heh, who would have thought?! ;P) from what i understand the tutorial is (or was?) changed but i had no problems with it. it was pretty boring but so are most tutorials in games. i liked the huge activity in the game, and ill be playing it for a while (as a free member).

Just remember, the best part about this game is being a "noob". After that, it is all downhill from there. Do not expect to gain rewards for your levels, do not expect to be treated better by the community at a higher level, do not expect anything to take less time, because the way the levels work in this game is everything takes longer, not less time to accomplish at a higher level. It just becomes more and more time consuming until you feel like your head is going to explode waiting for something, anything, to happen.

For example, when you reach the level to chop magic logs, the magic logs take forever to chop each one. When you reach the level to mine runite, it takes forever to mine , and even longer to respawn, and to make it worse as you get higher in game, all of the resources become less and less, so you have everyone who is able to mine runite fighting over the same ore.

That is also the reason it is insanely stupid to target children with this game. Children do not have the patience for that kind of frustration, no they want something quick and easy, and is the reason why many children quit after it starts taking longer to gain levels. That just creates a kiddie turnstall rather than a quality game. I guess that is just easier for developers to just make games that they want people to leave rather than play for a while, to me though, that is just half assing the game rather than focusing on making the game playable . Making a game feel like you just wasted your time after putting much time into a game isn;t providing a quality game. No, instead it is making you feel like you should have been doing something else..

• skankovichskankovich Member Posts: 2

im not surprised they are making runescape a junior mmo, if you've ever played the game for any extended period of time, you will learn the 99 percent of the playerbase is children who only have room for "lol" and "noob" in their vocabulary.  not a bad game, but absolutely horrible community.

• ComnitusComnitus Member Posts: 2,462

"This riot took place on 29 November 2009, on World 1. The riot was held near the house where Roddeck resides. It started in the morning, and was generally short compared to other riots, only lasting an hour or two. The riot was publicised on the Forums. Many players had been asking what the items were to talk to Roddeck for the 2009 Thanksgiving Event Cryptic Clue Fest. No one knew what it was, so people began to riot, saying Jagex should tell them, and generally just asking what the items were. During this event, many players scammed others, by showing them fake items. Many players lost great amounts of money. A rumor spread that you needed yellow beads (sometimes the whole set of coloured beads) and redberry pie. It broke up when Jagex announced the actual items needed to receive your reward for the event. The correct items for the final clue were 234 coins, 8 chisels and 3 eggs. You needed no beads."

Really? That's what you get when you aim your game towards kids. They whine. A lot. I agree that the game is surprisingly fun (especially if you really like feelings of accomplishment), but the community sucks.

Originally posted by skankovich

im not surprised they are making runescape a junior mmo, if you've ever played the game for any extended period of time, you will learn the 99 percent of the playerbase is children who only have room for "lol" and "noob" in their vocabulary.  not a bad game, but absolutely horrible community.

LOL! Lo0k3rz  Imma go get meh un uf tose phatz n drez mah toon up liek princzezz barbie n ren 'round sayinz lo0k3y meh Imma Sup3rN0ob!

It took me forever to  type that .. I had to go back and keep runesc4pingz it up.

• Jalice888Jalice888 Member CommonPosts: 113

From the start of playing back in April 2005, there was a ton of kids about 8 or so years old and they mostly seemed reasonable.

Bringing in a drop in the age to play seemed to be an excuse for kids now to act like idiots, where before they stayed decent to hide under the radar. Dumb change Jagex!

It's clear to see here there are a lot of kids without anything to do better than bash thread makers as happens in lots of in-game forums too, maybe mmorpgs needs to restrict this site to people that have the maturity to pass comment on here without trying to provoke anger.

I too know of lots of strange mixes of players but don't target any job vocation specifically, I knew a couple of truckies from the other side of the world and both were very decent people. I did come across a guy that watched his wife playing to the chat up her friends trying for a relationship behind her back, he also abused groups of children in a violent chat way. There were a few drunken mature woman that had major personality changes so often, others that behaved so nice then suddenly went off the rails to abuse everyone, many young boys that found it great to play as a girl as they could con what they liked and then of course the ones just on to hack others accounts.

Well Jagex had all these people, they destroyed wildy, tried to fix it and now are trying to destroy skilling instead. Runescape used to be a game of balance and a lesson of real life with skillers getting sharks & cooking them to supply those pking with food. Now those that hate pking can't do as well since pkers get gloves to get better experience while non-pkers have ability reduced to counter the effectiveness of that update. Merchant clans like Crash Cream are spamming all worlds GE's and wrecking the hell of prices with things like my account hacked so the whip gone, then an update about whips but just before it they increased in value from approx 2.5m to 3.5m - do you see the relationship to game design?

Come on fix the game rather than keep messing it with more unbalanced updates!!!

• FearGXFearGX Member Posts: 317

I was bored the other week and went on my level 15 n00b toon, and decided how long I could woodcut willow logs (bot) without stopping before I was banned, I managed to bot 5 and a half days worth of willows, something like 453k willows, and wasn't banned, still not banned, sold all the willows in GE I Lol'd :P

Originally posted by Fearlessbro

I was bored the other week and went on my level 15 n00b toon, and decided how long I could woodcut willow logs (bot) without stopping before I was banned, I managed to bot 5 and a half days worth of willows, something like 453k willows, and wasn't banned, still not banned, sold all the willows in GE I Lol'd :P

LOL they don;t care about bots, if they did you would think they would have cut them off from connecting to their servers. They chose not to. when you look back on their charts from player loss after implementing the " devestating updates" their loss in real players dropped significantly while their loss in programs connecting to their client only dropped slightly.