Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So...

warzone100warzone100 Member Posts: 63

When does this game come out?  I' a rather disgruntled UO-vet (we are our own race O.o) that has been trying to figure out when this game is coming out.  There doesn't seem to be much info on it besides old release dates that have been missed.  Like all the other UO-vets I was looking forward to WISH and to DFO and now this.

I've been thinking about giving DFO online a shot as it seems to be coming along nicely and evolving to be more and more like UO but this game just has so much more promise for being UO like.

Also, this game seems to promote large scale city battles like DFO but I read somewhere that they will be instanced with an overall cap of 256 (not to bad of a cap but instanced just isn't how a UO type game should be) is this true?  I would be willing ot predict quite a bit of lag with the graphics this game has.  Though I would be more than willing ot turn down settings for battles, I still think 2D UO's graphics are some of the best out there (they just have a feel to them).

Comments

• colutrcolutr Member Posts: 333

They have not yet set a release date. The projected a Q3 release but problems with implementing the Massive LOD system caused them to push it to Q4, its now near the end of Q4 and we dont know if theya re going to release at the end or if they are going to postpone it.

The CEO was on IRC yesterday and said that they had an announcement comming on monday and that they are releasing the biggest patch this thursday and its supposed to be 10x bigger than any previous patch. So hopefully we will receive a release date on monday  or a postponement anouncement.

They dont have any instances in this game, not one. Only time they even mentioned "zoning" is when talking about the main capitol city, they said they wil have an arena and entrance may be instanced depending on if the need to or not. Basically the arena would have an occupancy limit, like a real arena would and they wouldnt let more than xxx people in at a time. So far the world is 100% seamless. They havent released Tindrem, so we dont know if they decided to go with the zoning for the arena or not.

They do have the server split up into "nodes" and sometimes you lag for a split second when walking over them. This is more fo a performance issue than anything.

• DiekfooDiekfoo Member Posts: 583
    Originally posted by warzone100

When does this game come out?  I' a rather disgruntled UO-vet (we are our own race O.o) that has been trying to figure out when this game is coming out.  There doesn't seem to be much info on it besides old release dates that have been missed.  Like all the other UO-vets I was looking forward to WISH and to DFO and now this.
    I've been thinking about giving DFO online a shot as it seems to be coming along nicely and evolving to be more and more like UO but this game just has so much more promise for being UO like.
    Also, this game seems to promote large scale city battles like DFO but I read somewhere that they will be instanced with an overall cap of 256 (not to bad of a cap but instanced just isn't how a UO type game should be) is this true?  I would be willing ot predict quite a bit of lag with the graphics this game has.  Though I would be more than willing ot turn down settings for battles, I still think 2D UO's graphics are some of the best out there (they just have a feel to them).

MO don't have any instances at all. They don't even have any zones. No date have been set yet for release. Next week we get a BIG content patch. Check out the patch notes then. The performance will be improved constantly off course. It depends on your computer it you can play with lower setting or higher. But even at lower setting MO have much nicer graphic than DF.

• MO.MrWinterMO.MrWinter Member Posts: 25

The official word is that it will be out by the end of the year.

Also, there aren't instances in this game, or "battle caps".

• warzone100warzone100 Member Posts: 63

So it has server lines?  Damn, those where the cause of a lot of exploits on UO such as dupes. 

From what I've read so far about the beta it really should be released by the end of this year but I guess we would have to see what happens with that patch.  Is there going to be an actual box we can buy in stores or do we have to do the digital download thing?

I noticed there isn't going to be a bounty system though I think it worked pretty well in UO.

• DunkiDunki Member Posts: 41

So it has server lines?  Damn, those where the cause of a lot of exploits on UO such as dupes. 
    From what I've read so far about the beta it really should be released by the end of this year but I guess we would have to see what happens with that patch.  Is there going to be an actual box we can buy in stores or do we have to do the digital download thing?
    I noticed there isn't going to be a bounty system though I think it worked pretty well in UO.

UO was 10 years old when there exploits were used...  I think its safe to say we have come a long way since.     A lot of talk in UO in this thread, has anyone ever considered the devs are making a game they want to make...despite the similarities.    Similar systems in some aspects does not make UO its target clone lol

Dont get me wrong, UO was a great game...and the MO beta is coming along decently.

ePeenery.com

UO wasn't 10 years old before the exploits came around there were exploits since day one with allot of the biggest ones being due to server lines. You say they are making their own game but allot of the systems work pretty much exactly like they did in UO. It's not just similarities from what I'm read about people saying how things worked in beta and what the devs have said about how the game works most of the systems work exactly like UO had worked. This game is more like UO2 than anything else.

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

UO wasn't 10 years old before the exploits came around there were exploits since day one with allot of the biggest ones being due to server lines. You say they are making their own game but allot of the systems work pretty much exactly like they did in UO. It's not just similarities from what I'm read about people saying how things worked in beta and what the devs have said about how the game works most of the systems work exactly like UO had worked. This game is more like UO2 than anything else.

And that's why alot of people like it.

And is exactly why I like it.