Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone else find it odd that the editorial called "pleased allow me to gank thee how pvp has ruined

133794m3r133794m3r Member Posts: 173

It's been over one week now and we've not seen it. It's almost like the cm here was like "nope sorry you can't post that editorial" so now he was like oh crap. I have no idea what i'm going to write about now. So he just stopped from doing it this week. Thus making us not have an article this week.

If anyone has no idea what i'm talking about. Here's a link to the article where he talked about doing it next week ie this last wednesday.

Comments

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

If the grammar and punctuation in your post here is indicative of your attempted editorial then I can understand why they didn't want to post it under their name.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • 133794m3r133794m3r Member Posts: 173

Did you even look at the link? It was supposed to be Scott Jenning's article. I never once said nor claimed that i could write editorials for this site. And you're obviously just a troll. Due to you not even clicking the link that takes you to the exact article stating here on this site.

• TheHatterTheHatter Member Posts: 2,547
    Originally posted by 133794m3r

Did you even look at the link? It was supposed to be Scott Jenning's article. I never once said nor claimed that i could write editorials for this site. And you're obviously just a troll. Due to you not even clicking the link that takes you to the exact article stating here on this site.

There is no link.

what the hell... i specifically posted a link to the article in my original post.

www.mmorpg.com/showFeature.cfm/loadFeature/3791/Expounding-on-Expansions.html

ok there it is. I could've sworn that i did it the first time so there it is the second time. Also i thought it'd be known by the readers of his column.

I'm willing to bet because he hasn't either finished it, or it was extremely way too controversial.

Personally, I'd rather him not write it. If done right, PVP is the only thing that makes MMOs, IMHO. Games can be good w/o it, but nothing even remotely close to the immersion and diversity in a well done PVP game.

That's my opinion and alot of others (esp on this site), to say it breaks games wouldn't exactly get ppl enthused about the site. If he were to talk about poorly implemented PVP, then maybe, but WoW has always had poorly implemented PVP. So, there again, extremely controversial.

I think the whole point of that article was to be controversial. Who knows, it might've been a sarcastic title. Where he talked about how pvp if done right can make the game gain a whole nother level of abiltiy. Now i've yet to play a game that had good pvp that didn't involve constant ganking so i can't say that it's truly a great thing if done right as i've not seen it done as such. My first mmo it supposedly had it done very well but i never made it to level cap and thus never got to do it. And in WoW it was pretty fun but that was b/c it was nice and controlled inside of the bg.

My first MMO put you in prison if you were a ganker. :)

Originally posted by TheHatter

Mine was a a RvR game. Where well you could head to the "warzone" where all the pvp happened at 15 but the cap was 20. And that's the only place where you could pvp. And that would be a nice idea.Sadly i don't see too many mmos that honestly take ganking too seriously as an offense. Such as corpse camping in wow and other such "get to your body/spawn point" games.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

My guess is that it just isn't done yet.  Not like these guys are being paid mega money to write these articles, more of a hobby really so he may have to do his Christmas shopping or something.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• spyderbitespyderbite Member Posts: 28
    Originally posted by TheHatter

My first MMO allowed me to kill anyone, anywhere at anytime. And, all I got for my deeds was a red name and was attackable by anyone and everyone. Which was exactly what I wanted. Good times.