Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Para Class Sucks!! Seems like it was Designed to be a Secondary only Class

tro44_1tro44_1 Member Posts: 1,819

Anybody else agree?

This class sucks. It is so lame. Most of the skills are just some stupid Buff.

I like their damage and defense, but the class feels like a Warrior with Tons of Buffing. This class feels like it should have just been some sort of Secondary spec for the other classes. I will amit I like the Paladin theme to the class, but come on,,,,,,!!! they have to many Buff mE/You/Them feel, Over combat. Which is why I say the class feels like it was ment to be a Secondary class over being Primary.

Comments

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238

Support =/= Secondary, especially in GW where you are never soloing (except for a few farming situations).

• metalhead980metalhead980 Member Posts: 2,658

Depends on what you use as a secondary class.

I never judge a class in GW on its own.

PLaying: EvE, Ryzom

Waiting For: Earthrise, Perpetuum

• tro44_1tro44_1 Member Posts: 1,819
    Originally posted by EricDanie

Support =/= Secondary, especially in GW where you are never soloing (except for a few farming situations).

Still look at the main stat. It deals with Buffing. Which works well with anyclass when used as a secondary. Most of the other classes' primary arent like this.

• illyanaillyana Member UncommonPosts: 614

QTF.
    Paragons have certain role to play in a group. So as the other professions. If you fulfill the role properly, then you are as much an integral part of your party as a tank or nuker or healer. DOA runs will be much harder withOUT a paragon for damage control. Many paragon skills are uninterruptible, and you cant say the for a prot or healing monk.

The only thing that sucks being a paragon is the majority of its armor.

And being a subject of Mad King Thorn's joke

"How are a Paragon and a drunkard alike?"
    "Both like to shout at strangers and run around without any pants."

Have fun storming the castle! - Miracle Max

• tro44_1tro44_1 Member Posts: 1,819
    Originally posted by illyana

QTF.

Paragons have certain role to play in a group. So as the other professions. If you fulfill the role properly, then you are as much an integral part of your party as a tank or nuker or healer. DOA runs will be much harder withOUT a paragon for damage control. Many paragon skills are uninterruptible, and you cant say the for a prot or healing monk.

The only thing that sucks being a paragon is the majority of its armor.

And being a subject of Mad King Thorn's joke

"How are a Paragon and a drunkard alike?"

"Both like to shout at strangers and run around without any pants."

Which is a mechanic that make this class very Un-Pug-Friendly. Which many game modes in this game are based apon

• kittyvonkitakittyvonkita Member Posts: 75

Nooooo Paragons can run through to droks without freakin dying once...

All they used was paragon skills too, it was badass. Meow.

• AlysenMinaseAlysenMinase Member Posts: 361

Whenever I'm in random arena or such, I'm happy to get a Paragon in my group if it has a decent PUG build. 

Playing - EVE, Wurm

Retired - Final Fantasy XI, Anarchy Online, Mabinogi

Waiting - ArcheAge, Salem

• XaiviarDriaxXaiviarDriax Member Posts: 2

Any class including Paragons could be badasses depending on the secondary profession and the build you use. I don't play a paragon, but when forming a party if one is available I pick them for their buffing shouts and commands which helps other party members.  The sad thing is that many other players tend not to choose them or rangers because of bias against class.

JSeigler

• joker007mojoker007mo Member Posts: 712

the mesmer was my first toon i made when i got guild wars about 3 years ago the second was my paragon originally he was capable of long range tanking but after nerfs he got regulated to secondary class that cant take a hit but if played right still a good character ive gone through all of tyria with the para and will say it was much easier to beat the game with my para then any other toon i have

• jdram14jdram14 Member Posts: 36

First off, PVXWiki seems to disagree: http://pvx.wikia.com/wiki/Special:PrefixIndex/Build:P/

However, the profession is a lot like Mesmers in that they are very specialized and many of their skills are better as secondaries. This is for two reasons. The first is that the profession has very few keystone skills. The second is that the Leadership attribute has a crappy selection of skills.

Both issues are partially related, but not entirely.

A keystone skill is almost like a token skill. It is the backbone of many builds with that profession and finds itself being used a lot. Such skills are usually -- but not always! -- elite. Think of an elementalist and Searing Flames, Elemental Attunement, or Savannah Heat. All of these are commonly used skills. Monks have a wide variety of keystone skills, especially in the Divine Favor attribute. A Ranger's Expertise is incredible, especially with skills like Whirling Defense, Glass Arrows, and Escape.

Paragons (and to a lesser extent, Mesmers) don't have as many of these skills, and it's been awhile since I rolled a paragon (back when NF first came out), but I don't really recall any of the skills being particularly good.

But this doesn't mean that the Paragon class sucks. The profession itself is very useful and versatile. I think I saw a team build that was entirely paragons that could clear the FoW in hard mode in under 30 minutes. People instead favored the 2 Perma and Main Team build, because it required less thinking and less coordination. And that really spells it out plain and simple. Paragons don't suck, they're just a bit more difficult than other professions. 

• nukedudenukedude Member Posts: 101

You are right that it is mainly for protecting the party, and buffing it's offense, but I must disagree with ur statement that it is a profession te be taken as secondary. I disagree with that, and a friend of mine would certainly disagree wth that. Paragons are in PVE, especialy on Hard Mode, imba... They just own over protection monks. A constant +100 armor spam is just superb. And also, that friend of mine has also a few builds he made by himself that can be very destructive (talking about the paragon itself, not the party). If it where for me, I wouldn't enter any elite area's without a Paragon Primary. So they definitly have their use in the game.