Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some hints that I found, and some questions

ForeverDawnForeverDawn Member Posts: 203

I hve recently started playing AO, and its an awesome sci-fi game, the best, no doubt about it.  But....I've gotten lost more times than I can count, and i can't see very far in front of me and thjats a factor of me geting lost too. 

1) I've recently found out about wom-pahs and stuff and i can get around pretty easily, but I still get lost, tell me how to fix it, so i can see farther in front me.

2) Is ther any other way to riase points and stuff wo lving? if so how? where?

3) Any ways to make money fast? cause it takes so long to just get 30k for me

4) Any places to lvl where there arent higher lvl things that will kill me?  Like the temple where Omni and high lvl Cultists kill me?  I'm currently a lvl 35 (almost 36) agent with a tzuachami gun or something 10-154 dmg special abil is snipe. Thanks, if i have any more qestions, ill just find my post

imageForever Dawn (name on AO and a philosophy)

It's a philosophy Can you figure it out?

Doink!

"Understand that friends come and go, but with a precious few you should hold on. Work hard to bridge the gaps in geography and lifestyle, because the older you get, the more you need the people who knew you when you were young."

Comments

• SeldonaSeldona Member Posts: 35

First of all Agents are not a great starting class. They do mondo damage, and have very few hps. They require new gear constantly to stay competitive. Etc, etc, etc.

But if you are going to insist on starting the game with an advanced class, here are a few tips to help.

Roll your missions from Avalon. Few newbies seem to know this. See you get paid more for the farther you go for a mission. And you really don't want to spend alot of that time running around in places like WW where you will get hammered. If you roll your mission in Avalon early on you can spend most of your time traveling in cities using whompas and still get paid for long travels.

So get your missions in Avalon, and try to roll them for places like Old Athens, West Athens, etc. The money you get per mission is up to 3 time greater.

Second, when rolling missions set you setttings to full bad, full order, full money.

The first three missions in the mission panel will be for a find item, which you get to keep. And you will get an item as a reward as well. It adds up over time if you do it this way.

And use your missions to get your nanos and weaponry and armor. Saves mad money and alot of the agent nanops can be rolled in missions.

Third, use False Proffesions like Trader to get better weapons on, and Meta Physisyst to make a healing pet to follow you around. Always remember to cast a new pet right before the FP nano wears out to maximize the time with it.

Not only that but you can charge for trader wrangles once you are capable of doing the higher level ones. :)

And remember you take a serious hit to your nano skills while fp. So make sure you are buffed etc.

Do the best you can on keeping your implants as high a level as you can. Going to be tough though until later.

Just realize that with an agent you need to do all your damage in a very short burst and take the mob out. If you dont take him almost completely out, run and get a lower ql mission. Agents are sucky tanks.

Oh and keep your concealment maxed. And get the buffs when you can. The reason behind this is you will be able to 'sneak' missions for cash much higher level if you fully implant it, buff it, and space the ip in it. Sort of like the fixers blitz, but way slower. And even more tense in my opinion.

You wont get tokens that way, but is makes for nice cash when you can complete money missions at 100% without even being agroed in the mission itself. Just realize that when you grab the item you will become visable, and it will be some time before you can sneak again. Be prepared.

And keep your first aid as high as you can. Highest level meds are an agents best friend next to his rifle.

Cannot really thing of much more for now. Hope at least some of these tips help you out.

• ForeverDawnForeverDawn Member Posts: 203

wow thank you so much for all those great tips, I shall use them in the days and months ahead of my agen t prof, best prof in da world, the using other ppls nanos is a VERY helpful skill i think, and it will be awesome, thanks man.  Look for me on AO.  OH and personally, I think agents are one of the better starting races..no offense or anything.  But thanks for the tips just the same.

imageForever Dawn (name on AO)

its a philosophy get it? can u figure it out?

"Understand that friends come and go, but with a precious few you should hold on. Work hard to bridge the gaps in geography and lifestyle, because the older you get, the more you need the people who knew you when you were young."

• SeldonaSeldona Member Posts: 35

No problem on the tips. AO is sort of hard to start out in, but there are some things that can make it far far easier.

One more thing. Keep your evades as high as you possibly can. They are more important than armor really. Well, at least as important.

Your evades determine whether you are hit with critical damage or not. The lower the evades the more times mobs will 'crit' on you.

Uber armor absorbs some damage but not enough to make up for 3 back to back crits. hehe

Added on: oh and later the MP gets a flying nano, which you can FP. You can fly, no Yalm needed.

It only lasts for a certain period of time but is still awesome.

I had an Agent friend back in the day who used an engineer nano that cast him inside the shell of a slayer droid. You know, the big evil looking bots.

He then waited that FP out, and cast the MP one and used flying.

So you had an Agent, looking like a Slayer Droid, FLYING around town without a plane!

Funniest thing I have seen in game.

People were like 'WTF?'

Oh and I appoligize if I came across as terse. Had no intention to. Just the silly way I typed it up. Was late and I am sick too. heh

Have fun.

• UmbroodUmbrood Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

As to finding your way around.

www.travel.to/rubi-ka

Download the HUGE map, like 30 megs or so, not only will you never ever get lost again, this also contains an abundance of informatiion like dyna-camps F-grid exits, and points of interest.

It is THE most important AO download, ever more so then clicksaver. :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Jerek_

I wonder if you honestly even believe what you type, or if you live in a made up world of facts.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------