Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fallen Earth offers discount to Soldiers

augustgraceaugustgrace Member UncommonPosts: 628

www.fallenearth.com/node/316

FALLEN EARTH, LLC, developers of the self-titled massively multiplayer online game (MMO), is pleased to announce the placement of a 20 percent off discount for all service men and women. As a bonus item, purchasers will also receive a Fallen Earth t-shirt with their order.

The offer will apply to all five US military branches, including members of The Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard.

"Many of our players are men and women who are in the armed forces," said Jessica Orr, marketing manager for Fallen Earth. "We appreciate the sacrifices they make and we are excited to extend this offer to them."

As of today, military personnel will be able to purchase the game via the Fallen Earth online store, obtaining immediate access to the game and a 20 percent off discount. In order to receive the 20 percent off discount, a .mil email address will be required for verification.

Military personnel who purchase will also receive a Fallen Earth t-shirt with their order.

Comments

• djnexusdjnexus Member Posts: 677

I want a Fallen Earth Tshirt :( anyone that orders the game thats military and doesent want it let me know :) ill buy it from you.

• drago_pldrago_pl Member Posts: 384

I unsubscribed after that offer. It's nothing personal (have couple ex US soliders in clan) but I don't want to play in game when company is messing with politics.

Call me whatever you want, I really don't care.

• VirgoThreeVirgoThree Member UncommonPosts: 1,198
    Originally posted by drago_pl

I unsubscribed after that offer. It's nothing personal (have couple ex US soliders in clan) but I don't want to play in game when company is messing with politics.

It's two entirely different things when one supports wars, or when one supports the troops. The former is political while the latter is not.

Anyways this seems like a nice gesture.

• karat76karat76 Member UncommonPosts: 1,000

I don't see how they are getting involved with politics they are just make a nice gesture toward those who serve. Whether people agree with wars or not is not the point here the point was to do something nice for the troops.

• LynxJSALynxJSA Member RarePosts: 3,332

Excellent move and a really cool gesture towards those who are serving.

Kudos to the FE Team!

-- Whammy - a 64x64 miniRPG 
    RPG Quiz - can you get all 25 right? 
    FPS Quiz - how well do you know your shooters?  
  • EuphorykEuphoryk Member Posts: 450

You unsubscribed because you cant properly distinguish between Icarus supporting the troops and Icarus actively involving themselves in politics.

{mod edit}

• BademBadem Member Posts: 830

Kudos to the FE team for this, its good to see an indie publisher doing something like this for the forces

Lets face it, they can sometimes go weeks without logging on for operational reasons, and that T-Shirt, man you can spot your follow FE players quite easily now

• RaiizenRaiizen Member Posts: 177

1 less noob then=P

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238

Pretty interesting, and even makes sense considering the game.

• cukimungacukimunga Member UncommonPosts: 2,258

Some people don't think you can't support the troops but not support the war but I beg to differ.  I don't agree with what is going with the "WAR" .  But I do support the troops because they are just doing their job, and I give them props for doing something I know I couldn't do. So I think this is a nice thing to do for the troops.

• RavingRabbidRavingRabbid Member UncommonPosts: 1,168

What a fing dumbass statement. It has nothing to do with politics, but supporting people who are willing to lay down thier lives to protect not only us but those abroad.

BTW politics are everywhere in everyday lives, in everything even where you work and play.

(AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH fires plungers at drago_pl nut sack.)

All my opinions are just that..opinions. If you like my opinions..coolness.If you dont like my opinion....I really dont care.
    Playing: ESO, WOT, Smite, and Marvel Heroes

• Einherjar_LCEinherjar_LC Member UncommonPosts: 1,055

I was going to comment on this post but I am absolutely dumbfounded by the ignorance contained therein.

My polish friend, there is a significant difference between a military and the government that commands it.

Military personel are simply doing their job and Icarus is showing a lot of compassion by giving these folks a break.

Now if Icarus was giving the USA government officials and their staff special offers I could see the outrage.  :P

Einherjar_LC says: WTB the true successor to UO or Asheron's Call pst!

• aleosaleos Member UncommonPosts: 1,942

Yeah i quit eating hotdogs when i found out its made from bald eagle.