Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How you know a game is doomed...

TheDarzinTheDarzin Member Posts: 219

When after launch people are requesting your two servers be merged into one, because the population is too low.

Comments

• crimsonmidcrimsonmid Member Posts: 140

This game was doomed to fail from day 1. I'm sure that even the fanbois will realize that soon. I wish Alganon a Happy Merger!

/sarcasm on

On the other hand one might think: Why deprive this great community from the world? Why not empower them more by unifying them into one server?  The best of the best are in there. We NEED the Alganon community! Or else this world is doomed.

/sarcasm off

My brain has 2 sides;Left and right. My left side has nothing right and my right side has nothing left...

• docminusdocminus Member Posts: 717

I almost feel sorry for the developers (not the boss, forgot his name, the one who had such a big mouth in recent interviews). 4 years of work for nothing.

Wonder how the message will be, when they decide to go F2P .....

imageimage

• n00bitn00bit Member UncommonPosts: 345
    Originally posted by docminus

I almost feel sorry for the developers (not the boss, forgot his name, the one who had such a big mouth in recent interviews). 4 years of work for nothing.

Odd, I didn't know that copy -> paste took 4 years.

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440
    Originally posted by docminus

Lol im thinking its going to be something like...

"Due to our very successful totally unique game launching and being very popular we feel everyone should play it! so this is why we are making it f2p because as you know we love our customers more than anything! Also don't forget to go to the item mall so you can own!"

Lol no offense but you have to say, david allen has a way of even making the end of the world sound exciting.

• CorthalaCorthala Member UncommonPosts: 283

RIP, Alganon!! You won't be missed! Even fanboys will forget that you ever existed in a few months and give them another WOW clone today and they will forget about you tomorow.

"you are like the world revenge on sarcasm, you know that?"

One of those great lines from The Secret World

• ozy1ozy1 Member Posts: 309

Allot of people seem to think its already FTP :)

Playing Darkfall EU1 Server

• wartywarlockwartywarlock Member Posts: 106

its not F2P?

• If they do go F2P, I can just guess what item mall would be like :

1. rubberbanding package : use this package to get rid of the rubberbanding !!

2. Skills : skills not complete ? no problem..you can buy them one by one!!

3. freeze monster potion : use this so monsters wont run behind you everytime and you can finally kill it!

4. anti-crash potion : use this potion so you dont crash as often!

..etc :P

• SylvariSylvari Member Posts: 61

Lol. Yeah whats the point in an almost exact copy of WoW which is sub based, when you could just play WoW for the same price. Thats why Runes of Magic is doing so well, its a free WoW alternative.

Waiting for Guild Wars 2, SW:ToR and STO.
    Currently playing Guild Wars, LoTRO).
    Played WoW, GW, CO, DDO, RoM, WAR, LoTRO, Allods (Beta) + Tons more that aren't even worth mentioning!

• jimsmith08jimsmith08 Member Posts: 1,039
    Originally posted by wartywarlock

its not F2P?

Shockingly, no. Prior to its 1/2 price cut it was $40 to buy digital download,too. Not sure how much a basic copy of vanilla wow costs nowadays.

• HolgranthHolgranth Member Posts: 380
    Originally posted by jimsmith08

Originally posted by wartywarlock

its not F2P?

Shockingly, no. Prior to its 1/2 price cut it was $40 to buy digital download,too. Not sure how much a basic copy of vanilla wow costs nowadays.

December 1st (The day Alganon launched) Blizzard ran a $5 special, I doubt it had anything to do with Alganon though, instores I see vanilla priced anywhere from $10-$20 and the Vanilla/BC battlechest ususally goes for about $35.

Dem hibbies! Dey be wrong!