Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tradeskill, whats with it

flabairflabair Member Posts: 188

hi, man EQ2 has problems with the tradeskills, or is it just me. i have a lvl 20 alchmist the writ lady gives him a quest to go make 10 shapped elm wants, this is a lvl 9 item and uses lvl 3 items to make it, so no xp to make this. Also this is a woodworker item really. as there are 4 lvls to each item you make , a shapped elm wand is the 2nd rung on the ladder. this means if i use the buffs to counter negiative effects i make a rung 3 or 4 item, if i dont use buffs i make a failure or lvl 1 item, or make the ittem wanted. as a negative effect can take health and power away on one try i had 5 health points left. this is just stupid. i should get a quest that challenges the skill or profession im in. or they should make the quest for shapped elm wand or better. this isnt a single instance either has been happening a lot with my alts also.
my lvl 20 woodworker got make 10 savory vulrich pies, at least this was a lvl 19 item and i got xp, but again im a woodworker why do i get a provisoner item to make and again its the 2nd rung on the ladder of the item. to about 40 vulrich meat to make the 10 savory and i got a lot of failures and item to good for quest. Again they should word quest Savory or better. atleast my lvl 21 sage was given make 10 spells app3 which is the 3rd rung of ladder and was easier to live with. just my rant about tradeskill. thank you for listening.

Comments

• JodokaiJodokai Member Posts: 1,621

The quests are progressive. They get harder the more you take.

You can hit the stop button anytime. If you don't need a pristine (or whatever) just wait until your third bar gets full and hit stop before the fourth bar gets full and you'll get the quality you want.

• flabairflabair Member Posts: 188

hi, yes i understand they are progressive and get harder, im just saying they should be in your profession and should be a rung 2 item or better, not stuck to just making the rung 2 item. my sage got make spells first time, my woodworker gets make pies first time, and my alchmist gets make elm wands. no rhyme or reason to what is given it seems, wonder what my outfitter will get whem i decide where to take him in 1/2 a lvl. the only 1 of the first 3 that was reasonable was the sage to make app 3 spells. the other 2 where just stupid. im sorry if you feel diff.

• Larry2298Larry2298 Member Posts: 865

Crafting in EQ2 is the way how SOE making money from this game.  SOE split one system into 8 different crafting classes in order to sale their additional 4 characters in all access bundles. 

The crafting tradeskills are blocked at Level 52 and Level 55 while your artisan level also capped at Level 9. That means no matter how many times you practicing on the recipes under such level cap, you would have certain fixed error rate. This is the first level block. The tradeskill level means your metalshaping, tailoring skill level etc. Press L you will see many skills in the window.

After you advance to next artisan level with specialized class then you can unlock the level cap ONLY for the class you selected. For example, you pick up craftsman then you have unlock the tradeskill level cap from Level 52/55 to Level 102. But the other receipes belong to outfitter or scholar are remain the same at Level 52 and Level 55.

I know SOE also nerf other tradeskill level from Level 52 down to Level 45 when you first time choose the crafting class. This is to preventing you doing non-specialized recipes.

While you were choosing a specialized artisan class means that you also lose the opportunity to craft on non-specialized recipes, although you still can do it but no matter you do it for 1 million times or more but your skill level still locked, and your chance to get the best quality is sparse.

Since you choose craftsman then the level blocked at Level 102 so you have better chance to do the Tier 1 recipes required craftsman skills.   

The second level block is at artisan level 19. When you choose a crafting class either for woodworker or carpenter then you will unlock the level cap for Tier 2 recipes, but you also lose some recipes. Again, you can start crafting on the Tier 2 recipes related to your specialized skill. Because some Tier 2 recipes required certain level to do it successfully.

In the end, the real recipes you can craft successfully are quite limited and you will rely on the other class to support you the components. It does not means that you would be succed in crafting while other people support you the components, it only means that you have opportunity to do crafting while you were able to obtaining the required components.

If you want to rely on yourself then you would need to pay monthly fee about $28 to get additional 4 characters to do the crafting and access all SOE games.

The crafting in EQ2 is all depend on the tradeskill level. I think it is not by how many times you made.

It is better to craft the low Tier recipe after your level advanced but there is no skill point you get from low level recipes. The best time to scribe new recipe is level by level, DO NOT scribe new recipe before you are ready to do it. The game considered you have completed the low level recipes and then it will become more difficulties with new recipes. Always check on your tradeskill level. Low tradeskill level will never do anything good.

However, the crafting in EQ2 is really tricky, and it is definitely NOT you can PLAY with the crafting. It's a job and it's an unworthy job. Better to learn Visual Basic with the time you PLAY on EQ2.

This game is mostly designed for Asian players because they like to play EQ2 and sale the stuffs on the internet to make money. It must be tricky enough otherwise, the value is much less to sale on the internet.

• WickesWickes Member UncommonPosts: 749

Well .... I'm thoroughly enjoying the crafting.  Makes me good money too (game money).  I guess I'm unworthy.  Hmmm, maybe I'm Asian and didn't realize it.  Better check on that.

BTW flabair, in case you didn't realize it you can ask for another task.  There is some delay built in before they will give you another one, but it doesn't seem to be long.

Anyway, the main points of the tasks are to build up the level of the trade society and your standing in it and some make you decent cash for the level.  If they just told you to do the things you were already going to do anyway, would sort of defeat the purpose, wouldn't it.

• HashmanHashman Member Posts: 649

Originally posted by Larry2298

This game is mostly designed for Asian players because they like to play EQ2 and sale the stuffs on the internet to make money.
    ]

Are you for real?

Originally posted by Hashman

This game is mostly designed for Asian players because they like to play EQ2 and sale the stuffs on the internet to make money.
    ]

Are you for real?

Sure I don't mean people playing EQ2 are all Asians. Least I know the game is Asian style. 

Most Japanese games are similar. For example, Onimusha 1,2,3, they all have level cap on your skills, once you reached certain level to max your skill or weapon then that is it. You can't get more but the game give you another skill or weapon. Again, they capped on the new skill and weapon.

The same thing In EQ2, you don't upgrade the same combat skill forever, instead of upgrade the skill, the game creates Adept and Master. That's typical game design by Japanese.

Because the Japanese have different mentality and acknowledge to design the game. The difference between Japanese game and western games or American designs are the Japanese is backward compatible with the result. It means that they get the result first then from the result to develop the procedure.

American games are not limited with any result, it means they develope a game from the very beginning.

Most MMORPGs allow you to build up your character by earning enough experiences but EQ2 do not required you to earn enough experiences because the exp are limited to each level. So, EQ2 have a device to DISABLE to earn exp. It is important to know when you should disable the experience bar if you are playing EQ2. This is very much different in other games. It's a big story in behind about this.

So in American game design, you are allowed to over beat a mob, and you have better chance to be successful in role play. But Japanese game are well control on every steps, so playing American game is play with your own style like many programs are Windows compatible. Playing Japanese game is just walk through the game. The game is compatible to itself only.

Ooookay.

I can't believe I read that post after I'd read your first post.

Now where did I leave the aspirin.

• Saren42Saren42 Member UncommonPosts: 94

Originally posted by Hashman Originally posted by Larry2298This game is mostly designed for Asian players because they like to play EQ2 and sale the stuffs on the internet to make money.] Are you for real?
    Sure I don't mean people playing EQ2 are all Asians. Least I know the game is Asian style.
    Most Japanese games are similar. For example, Onimusha 1,2,3, they all have level cap on your skills, once you reached certain level to max your skill or weapon then that is it. You can't get more but the game give you another skill or weapon. Again, they capped on the new skill and weapon.
    The same thing In EQ2, you don't upgrade the same combat skill forever, instead of upgrade the skill, the game creates Adept and Master. That's typical game design by Japanese.
    Because the Japanese have different mentality and acknowledge to design the game. The difference between Japanese game and western games or American designs are the Japanese is backward compatible with the result. It means that they get the result first then from the result to develop the procedure.
    American games are not limited with any result, it means they develope a game from the very beginning.
    Most MMORPGs allow you to build up your character by earning enough experiences but EQ2 do not required you to earn enough experiences because the exp are limited to each level. So, EQ2 have a device to DISABLE to earn exp. It is important to know when you should disable the experience bar if you are playing EQ2. This is very much different in other games. It's a big story in behind about this.
    So in American game design, you are allowed to over beat a mob, and you have better chance to be successful in role play. But Japanese game are well control on every steps, so playing American game is play with your own style like many programs are Windows compatible. Playing Japanese game is just walk through the game. The game is compatible to itself only.

ok, no offence, but that was the single most stupid thing i think i have ever heard, i mean, how can a person come up with such an assanine conclusion, i mean, that is just stupid, look at EQ 1 and any other damn MMO, all you skills are caps, and look at games liek GTA: San ANdreas, your skills are caped there, oh wow! i mean, i bet skills are even capped in WoW, and in any other MMO you will play, and i bet the stats are capped in any game that has stats in them!!! wow, imagin that. no then from a programmers point of view, thney need ot put caps in other wise the game would be like impossible to code, and with out caps, it woudl ma,e it so you can just sit there and use a macro to rais eyou skills up all the way to infinity and 1/2 and still keep goign, that wousl be stupid, you my good man have my my day a lot sadder knowing such stupidity and racism agest game makers existes int he world today

• JodokaiJodokai Member Posts: 1,621

I've realized on another thread you were clueless, but didn't know the extent until now.

The reason things are the way they are is SOE wanted crafters to have to depend on each other. They didn't want everyone to be able to make everything. They feel, as I do, that the interdependency lets there be a reason to have other people on the server with you.

Originally posted by Jodokai

I've realized on another thread you were clueless, but didn't know the extent until now.
    The reason things are the way they are is SOE wanted crafters to have to depend on each other. They didn't want everyone to be able to make everything. They feel, as I do, that the interdependency lets there be a reason to have other people on the server with you.

I may understand this quite well if SOE do not sale additional 4 characters in their all access bundles.

The total crafting class in EQ2 is 8 classes and if you have 8 characters then you are interdependency to yourself. You don't need other person to support you. This would be real interdependency.

SOE should have considered about current EQ2 players how to get additional characters as well. But SOE offer such bundle mainly to the EQ1 or Planetside players.

How am I supposed to get additional one character?

Many people considered EQ2 player should have 8 characters per account.

Originally posted by goladith

Originally posted by Hashman

Originally posted by Larry2298This game is mostly designed for Asian players because they like to play EQ2 and sale the stuffs on the internet to make money.]

Are you for real?

Most Japanese games are similar. For example, Onimusha 1,2,3, they all have level cap on your skills, once you reached certain level to max your skill or weapon then that is it. You can't get more but the game give you another skill or weapon. Again, they capped on the new skill and weapon.
    So in American game design, you are allowed to over beat a mob, and you have better chance to be successful in role play. But Japanese game are well control on every steps, so playing American game is play with your own style like many programs are Windows compatible. Playing Japanese game is just walk through the game. The game is compatible to itself only.

ok, no offence, but that was the single most stupid thing i think i have ever heard, i mean, how can a person come up with such an assanine conclusion, i mean, that is just stupid, look at EQ 1 and any other damn MMO, all you skills are caps, and look at games liek GTA: San ANdreas, your skills are caped there, oh wow! i mean, i bet skills are even capped in WoW, and in any other MMO you will play, and i bet the stats are capped in any game that has stats in them!!! wow, imagin that. no then from a programmers point of view, thney need ot put caps in other wise the game would be like impossible to code, and with out caps, it woudl ma,e it so you can just sit there and use a macro to rais eyou skills up all the way to infinity and 1/2 and still keep goign, that wousl be stupid, you my good man have my my day a lot sadder knowing such stupidity and racism agest game makers existes int he world today

Most MMORPGs are character development and the way to develop your character is to earn exp.

I never seen a MMORPG prohit player to earn exp until you have to pick up a class you don't want to. Or you are finsih in this game.

How to develop character in EQ2? There isn't anything that you can develop but there are many path you should followed.

Grand Theft is a single game and people playing single game are all playing with cheat code. It's quite different from playing MMOROPG. So all single games are pre-designed to play with their cheat code. Because you paid only one time to have the game.

Caps are necessary in game. But not so many like EQ2. EQ2 is made by level caps otherwise the entire game get broken.

Crafting required frequent practices, it is stupid SOE caps on the crafting skill. The skill I meant is not your artisan skill, but those tradeskill in you L window.

For instance, LV3-LV9 are common recipes for any crafting class. Once you go higher level to Level 10 then you will not able to craft those recipes again because they are not your specialized class, and you are not able to learn new recipes not in your chosen class. So, SOE really have no reason to cap on those tradeskills.

If I craft so often then I can extend my tradeskill level from Level 52 to maybe 100. This will not affect anything because if I did not choose the class then I cannot learn any new recipe anyway. And LV3-Lv9 are tier 1 crafting.

SOE just caps anything they like. that's problem of this game. So I often heard people saying this to me: you should not fight the red con mobs, you should not fight the group mobs, can't you tell the color? You need to read the manual to play EQ2. You shouldn't do that....bla bla bla.

Seems to me EQ2 is an idiot proof game but sometimes I feel like EQ2 is designed for genius. image

Seems to me EQ2 is an idiot proof game ... 

Apparently not .