Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Support Failure

DoomReaperDoomReaper Member UncommonPosts: 143

I had a few tickets I filled in for Alganon.

My first character disappeared so I filled out a ticket and started a new character.
My computer struggles playing this game but plays many better looking MMORPGs no problem. I submitted a ticket but the ticket went missing.
The 3 gold I'd saved up and put in my bank vanished. I wrote up a ticket. The ticket has been closed and marked as resolved.

I actually like the game in a strage sort of way. Despite the most godawful game client ever there is a hidden charm which I can't put my finger on right now.

All I'm saying is that failure of the support team will be the primary reason I give up on Alganon. If they can't sort out their act and begin to help customers then they don't deserve my money.

Comments

• erickdeforeserickdefores Member Posts: 161

Yet another reason folks from the established WOW are not likely to cross over to this game.  It is obviouse they are after the folks interested in the WOW style but I have a hard time believing folks who ar tired of WOW will come to what ammounts to a Photocopy of a photocopy.    Maybee a year or so after realease if they actually put the large amount of work in needed to cure the bugs. 

I just finished playing the Beta ( and I mean finished as in I stoped playing ) because I saw WOW written all over the place.  At least if they get the game in a "PROPER" state of completion and have a "REAL" team of customer support people the game will have a chance.

• WintersKeepWintersKeep Member Posts: 5

Actually the GMs stated in chat that the tickets aren't gone but sent through the system to be addressed and fixed. the GMs just got a hold of me and helped me with two of my ticket issues that were shown as resolved already. They are still working on them so i would open up a new ticket and ask them how its going on the old one if you are unsure. or do what my brother did and email support and just ask.  They're actually pretty fast on responses still and i thought the game coming out would have killed them on that.

• DoomReaperDoomReaper Member UncommonPosts: 143

Originally posted by WintersKeep
    Actually the GMs stated in chat that the tickets aren't gone but sent through the system to be addressed and fixed. the GMs just got a hold of me and helped me with two of my ticket issues that were shown as resolved already. They are still working on them so i would open up a new ticket and ask them how its going on the old one if you are unsure. or do what my brother did and email support and just ask.  They're actually pretty fast on responses still and i thought the game coming out would have killed them on that.

Tickets are gone, completely. No way to look them up, they're not in the list of tickets anymore. The one that was marked as resolved is still shown in the list. The rest vanish within hours of being submitted.

• ksmith4378ksmith4378 Member UncommonPosts: 20

Have you checked to make sure they just aren't inside the little yellow clickable area that says 'Resolved Tickets (click here to view)' or wahtever...?  None of my tickets are missing they are just all grouped under that because I have no open tickets.  I seriously doubt they've deleted any tickets they are generally very good about handling concerns from what I've seen. 

• PadreicPadreic Member Posts: 3

Hi there,

I'm Padreic, the CSGM Lead for Alganon.  Your post came to my attention, so I just wanted to clear a couple things up for you. :)

First, the tickets aren't gone at all.  That would make me very, very unhappy, and you even less!  All the tickets from Beta were cluttering up the ticket window, so we condensed "resolved" flagged tickets into a collapsible list, shown in the ticket window as "Resolved Tickets (click here to view)".  All of your tickets should still be there and viewable.

I'm sorry for the ticket confusion... the way things were working needed to change, and I think our changes caught some people off guard.  As someone else mentioned above, we cleared all of our Beta tickets as well as a large number of duplicate tickets (people reporting the same bugged quest, for example) from their place in the system and sent all of these, plus any outstanding issues, through the system to be fixed.  Don't worry, they're all being looked at, but they are now in the hands of the bug fixers and gurus who give us all the fun fixes in the patches. :)  Current tickets are still being handled by the CSGM team and we find you in game to discuss things further more often than not.

If anyone has any questions, I'm more than happy to answer them! I'm most easily reached at [email protected], so please, feel free to ask away.  I don't want any confusion if I can help it, and I'm always up for a chat.

• DoomReaperDoomReaper Member UncommonPosts: 143

Originally posted by Padreic
    First, the tickets aren't gone at all.  That would make me very, very unhappy, and you even less!  All the tickets from Beta were cluttering up the ticket window, so we condensed "resolved" flagged tickets into a collapsible list, shown in the ticket window as "Resolved Tickets (click here to view)".  All of your tickets should still be there and viewable.

There was only one ticket under resolved. That was the one for the missing gold. The rest were not visible but have miraculously appeared since you posted here. I didn't have any beta tickets deleted since game launched.

I'm sorry for the ticket confusion... the way things were working needed to change, and I think our changes caught some people off guard.  As someone else mentioned above, we cleared all of our Beta tickets as well as a large number of duplicate tickets (people reporting the same bugged quest, for example) from their place in the system and sent all of these, plus any outstanding issues, through the system to be fixed.  Don't worry, they're all being looked at, but they are now in the hands of the bug fixers and gurus who give us all the fun fixes in the patches. :)  Current tickets are still being handled by the CSGM team and we find you in game to discuss things further more often than not.

I submitted a new ticket about the missing character because that is most important. It's been a few days and there is no news.

If anyone has any questions, I'm more than happy to answer them! I'm most easily reached at [email protected], so please, feel free to ask away.  I don't want any confusion if I can help it, and I'm always up for a chat.

Please just improve support. I don't need to take up your time with personal chats. I want to be able to play the game properly.

• ksmith4378ksmith4378 Member UncommonPosts: 20

I heard that, for a while, tickets makred as In Progress were disappearing from the list.  Supposedly this began happening about the same time they added that little yellow clickie bar for resolved tickets.  Those 'missing' tickets were probably In Progress and suddenly reappeared when whoever is in charge of the ticket interface fixed the bug.

• TheDarzinTheDarzin Member Posts: 219

Are we directing people to forums away from alganon.com to resolve issues to make Alganon appear squeaky clean now? Seems like a weird place to have an issue resolved, but I guess since ksmith dragged you over here from your desk (does he sit right by you in a cubicle?) you might as well answer: why did you create a game that plays just like a trailer park version of WoW?

• patshirpatshir Member Posts: 114

Hi there,
    I'm Padreic, the CSGM Lead for Alganon.  Your post came to my attention, so I just wanted to clear a couple things up for you. :)

I really think that this guys from Alganon deserve all our admiration, since after all these sticks and stones still have the strenght to smile and offer all their help. In their place I would be crying over my wife's skirt.

• TheDarzinTheDarzin Member Posts: 219
    Originally posted by patshir

I really think that this guys from Alganon deserve all our admiration, since after all these sticks and stones still have the strenght to smile and offer all their help. In their place I would be crying over my wife's skirt.

Do you call your internet company and tell their Customer Service Reps how fantastic a job they are doing? This guy is getting paid, and all his post here was, was an attempt to smooth over a situation they can't resolve in the first place. He is simply putting PR in front of quality service and honesty. Characters randomly disappearing means a royal screw up somewhere and he should be apologizing, as should David Allen, for it.

• rznkainrznkain Member Posts: 539

Hi there,

I got a question for you Padreic why is your client.server perofrmance such crap? I can run every other new gen mmog on my system so I find it hard to believe your wow like graphics would be causing my system to experience a constant 78% packet loss.What do you plan to do if anything for your customers who cannot even play your game right now due to obvious problems with your client code and server?

• Lets see....*roll the dice*...heck..pick one answer you like from below :

1. But we have a great community!!!

2. Its coming, with each patch the game just gets better!!

3. Its planned and will be released soon!!

4. Well, there are "plenty" customers that can run it just FINE, it must be your hardware.

5. The game just released, it needs time to evolve...don;t you know that;s how MMO works ?!

6. Soft launch deal...why don't you just take all of the above answers!!!