Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would you return if all NA servers merged?

StrickStrick Member UncommonPosts: 12

I miss the old days in L2 and would only play again if the sparse population the game has now was concentrated on the same server.

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015

Nope.

Lineage 2 is a great game in many ways and was my first mmo. Out of all the mmo's that were out at the time it was the only game that I became interested in.

I played it for over 4 years and have to say that it offers a lot that other games simply don't offer.

But I won't ever come back because the development has been, in my opinion, rather half assed and feels like they just tack on things to "tack things on".

That and the economy just got to difficult for me and the one thing I hate about these games is the economy.

If the game went back to C2 then that would be a good thing.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • AmaraoAmarao Member UncommonPosts: 650

I don't know if that's really necessary.. I think if they just combine Devianne and Bartz, all the servers will be reasonably populated. Or NCSoft's marketing team could get it's head out of it's ass and consider putting out an ad or two for the game. It's one of the few mmo's to get PvP right and somehow, WoW is beating it. I blame the entire population problem on a lack of any real marketing..

Will they ever merge again though? Hell no. The only one with even the slightest chance of  a merge is Devianne and that's because it is literally a ghost town. I'd love to go back to the C2 days as mentioned above.. I miss any level below 76 meaning something.

• StrickStrick Member UncommonPosts: 12

WoW beats everything because it easy mode gaming.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

My answer is nope because I still play and dont plan on leaving till a game comes out and offers the same kind of gameplay. I dont need a game where people are running around everywhere. There is nonthing else out there but WoW clones and I will never reduce my self to playing one. I play on Phoenix which is the most populated server so its not that bad for me but Lineage 2 needs a free trial and ads. This game is totaly different from what it use to be but people are not going to take a chance and just buy the game.  I am currently playing 7 toons and making great progress with each one becuase of how the game has evoled. There is no way I could have did this back when I started. The game got easier without turning into a WoW clone. Only thing I dont like is that it only takes an hour or 2 to get out fo the newbie towns. Thats just a bit too easy. Some of my best game memories come from my time on Talking Island back when I first joined the game. It took me 2 weeks to leave.

1. Common Weapons (Best Thing To Ever Happen To Lineage 2)

2. Vitality ( This is the main thing that lets me play more than one toon )

3. Herb Drops

4. Free Teleports to LV 40

5. Free Buffs to LV 75

6. Top D & Top C sold in Giran

7. Luxury Shop offers B Grade Equipment and Soul Crystals

8. Kamolka Boss Raids

• StrickStrick Member UncommonPosts: 12

On how many accounts Mannish?

I miss the days of turning up at Cruma, DVC, etc anytime of the day and picking up a group within minutes. At the start of this year I started playing again. In 5 months I had 4 groups that consisted of 9 seperate players, the rest of the time you tend to have people playing 2-3 toons. This was quite common in PVP aswell.

For me L2 is the best game out there, it's just I didnt play a Bishop to solo or bore myself to death in that rift place. I'd love to see dungeon entrances full of people looking for groups again.

• BluppBlupp Member Posts: 131

Mannish: Thoose things u list are reasons why I think L2 has become less good. Specially the introduction of common-items. I remember back in the old days (maybe 4 years ago) when I was hunting orc outside Gludio (yes there was orc back then) and one green fella dropped a Forrest Bow................wooooow!! Thats was soooooo sweet. Hmmm well what does that have to do with common gear? I dont feel there is much reason to aim for an "normal" weapon or armor now untill u are lvl 76 (S grade), and I really think that sux.

Back in the days it WAS really hardcore, now they do everything they can to make it less hardcore. I really think it was the difficulty and the low droprate on stuff that got me hooked a long time ago. But I dont really care anymore, L2 has to be over for me. I spent too much time in that world, it almost became more real than the world we all live in

Happy hunting folks!

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015
    Originally posted by Mannish

My answer is nope because I still play and dont plan on leaving till a game comes out and offers the same kind of gameplay. I dont need a game where people are running around everywhere. There is nonthing else out there but WoW clones and I will never reduce my self to playing one. I play on Phoenix which is the most populated server so its not that bad for me but Lineage 2 needs a free trial and ads. This game is totaly different from what it use to be but people are not going to take a chance and just buy the game.  I am currently playing 7 toons and making great progress with each one becuase of how the game has evoled. There is no way I could have did this back when I started. The game got easier without turning into a WoW clone. Only thing I dont like is that it only takes an hour or 2 to get out fo the newbie towns. Thats just a bit too easy. Some of my best game memories come from my time on Talking Island back when I first joined the game. It took me 2 weeks to leave.
    1. Common Weapons (Best Thing To Ever Happen To Lineage 2)
    2. Vitality ( This is the main thing that lets me play more than one toon )
    3. Herb Drops
    4. Free Teleports to LV 40
    5. Free Buffs to LV 75
    6. Top D & Top C sold in Giran
    7. Luxury Shop offers B Grade Equipment and Soul Crystals
    8. Kamolka Boss Raids

I would have to partly agree with Blupp in that many of those things are reasons not for me to come back.

Common Weapons? I think that's an answer to the extremely harsh economy. Perhaps if the economy wasn't so harsh we wouldn't need common weapons.

vitality? No to that. It tends to make the game very "end game oriented". There was a time where pvp could happen any place no matter the level. I hate the zipping through the lower levels. Might as well start everyone at lvl 40 or so and be done with it.

Herb Drops? Well, great for the soloer but it sort of helps mitigate the need for grouping with other classes. Now granted, I'm a soloer and never had any problems soloing until my character's current lvl of 78. But they could have just made the higher lvls like the lower lvls and allowed for people to solo easily enough if they wannted but given those who want to part an incentive to party. And also continue the viability of buffing/healing classes.

Free Teleports? Well, at one time the world of Lineage 2 was a world. People couldn't afford any (or many) teleports so they ran places. A lot of the game happened out there in the world. It might as well be guild wars now and have people porting from place to place as the world aspect has lost its meaning.

Free Buffs? See above for Herb Drops.

Top D and C sold in Giran. This is actually fine with me. What always boggled my mind is that they would have weapons and armor stores in the higher lvl areas that sold low lvl stuff. why? Just to have the pretense of looking like a market area? That's one of the problems that L2 has, no attention to detail.

Luxury Shop selling B grade and soul crystals. Well, people used to make money off of soul crystals. Heck,  I made a good deal of money of of them. As far as selling B grade, I have no problem with this as long as crafters can craft and sell for cheaper and still make a profit.

Kamolka Boss Raids. Well, this is fine to me. I have no issues with them adding things to do. However had I been head dev I would have made more of the 7 signs competition, not allowed for people to compete on any side they wanted but Castle Owners would have to compete for Dawn and everyone else for Dusk. Actually I would allow the castle owners to sell "dispensations" of a sort and allow non-castle owners to compete for dawn but then those players would have to ally themselvs with the castle owners and if the castle owners lost then besides losing the castle there would be a penalty to those who allied with Dawn. Or even better, make a limited amount of these Dawn Certificates available so the Castle Owners could pick and choose but not everyone would be eligible.

It just seems to me that though there are a lot of nice things added to the game it still has lost its way somehow.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 

All I can say is to each his own. I loved this game back in the day and I still love it today. Now I have a job and a family. I dont have hours and hours to grind like I did then. I can now come home from work and play a couple hours and have fun and thats all that maters. The way the game use to be is the main reason why people Ebayed and Botted. Lineage 2 should not have been the way it was. No game should be designed to where you have to group with other players to play the game because one day the game population will decline and then what are people going to do? I remember when I tried Final Fantasy XI and I was having a blast till it got to the point where I had to log and spend hours looking for a group so I quit.  Because of the things I listed it gives people choices. You have the choice to group or you can solo. You have the choice to buy common or real gear. Getting free buffs now makes it so I dont have to log on and shout looking for group. I have a 77 Wind Rider with Spellsinger sub, 2 Dwarfs that are about to hit B Grade, LV 69 Warcryer and I just made an Elemental Summoner and just started working on a Warlock and Phantom Summoner. Being able to play these toons keeps the game fresh and fun for me and  I could not be playing these toons if the game was still like it was before. There is no way I would still be playing Lineage 2 if it was still the way it was.

Originally posted by Strick

On how many accounts Mannish?
    I miss the days of turning up at Cruma, DVC, etc anytime of the day and picking up a group within minutes. At the start of this year I started playing again. In 5 months I had 4 groups that consisted of 9 seperate players, the rest of the time you tend to have people playing 2-3 toons. This was quite common in PVP aswell.
    For me L2 is the best game out there, it's just I didnt play a Bishop to solo or bore myself to death in that rift place. I'd love to see dungeon entrances full of people looking for groups again.

All of my current 7 toons are on one account. My Warcryer is on 2nd account which I play from time to time.