Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF a WoW clone but not WoW : )

GregtheexconGregtheexcon Member Posts: 203

Hi guys, i have been playing WoW for some time, and with the release of the Lich King x-Pack, it doesn't feel epic anymore, and getting alot less with the info i've gathered for Cat. And its an incredible time sink game that its just not fun anymore.

I want a game that has raiding/dungeons like WoW, where it requires healer and tanks.

I want something with nice armour sets, doesn't have to be realistic but nice looking.

Must have a smooth gameplay, unfortunatly theres alot of games out there right now that are clunky and ugly : (

Im pretty much wide open on the rest, crafting housing and w/e, if it has it a bonus if not i can live with out it. But those are the 2 main things I want.

Games I have tried for a peroid of time, WoW, WAR, EQ, EQ2, PW, RoM, CO, ZO,GW

I really would like a F2P with an item Mall, I have 2 children a job and a wife so my game time is very speratic, so I don't mind dropping a few dollars for double xp and stuff like that. Also X-Mas around the corner my play time maybe be hindered even more so I like being able to keep up to an extent(- those who do not have a family, work or go to school, A.K.A Bums/basement dwellers)

Any suggestion greatly appreciated, hope someone can help me, and good luck to those in the same boat!

Enjoy : )

Comments

• lolunaticlolunatic Member Posts: 108

alganon.

• Cosmonaut79Cosmonaut79 Member UncommonPosts: 175

I'd give Allods a looksie.  It's F2P with item mall and really seems pretty polished. You may still be able to get a closed beta key from this site.

• bani789bani789 Member UncommonPosts: 52

• GregtheexconGregtheexcon Member Posts: 203

Thanks for the fast response guys, I understand asking for a f2p is streching it, but i really enjoy the item mall in gmaes,

Im checking the games listed and I also got a email for SuN which im checking out, any more references as well? can't have to many : )

Enjoy : )

• johnmatthaisjohnmatthais Member CommonPosts: 2,663

Lmao, Gates of Andaron is a DIRECT WoW clone with DIRECT ripoffs of each of the 4 main races from Final Fantasy XI as playable races. That's where I'd go.

• vgwizardxvgwizardx Member Posts: 2

I will say if you don't mind cute looking games nostale is pretty good. It fun because my 3 yr old can play to even though she dies a lot and doesn't have a clue what she doing and makes people mad cause she can't read or type.  But all in all its different and fun for the whole family.

• chillikingchilliking Member UncommonPosts: 240

since you have tried ROM, I guess that only leaves allods and 4story, in the f2p section.

• vgwizardxvgwizardx Member Posts: 2

I tried Gates of Andaron last night and it is very WOW ish you probably would like that one if you are looking for a wow clone.

• quinnah89quinnah89 Member Posts: 17

Aion

• chillikingchilliking Member UncommonPosts: 240
    Originally posted by quinnah89

Aion

Last time i checked, Aion was still p2p.

• cirdanxcirdanx Member Posts: 27
    Originally posted by chilliking

Originally posted by quinnah89

Aion

Last time i checked, Aion was still p2p.

Not to mention that it  is hardly a WoW clone.

"i'm a leaf on the wind watch how i soar"

• ozy1ozy1 Member Posts: 309

Why dont you try somthing out of your comfort zone like Darkfall. Stop playing those boring tab target grind gear games. In the end they are all the same and you will end up playing WoW again. Brake the mold and play something totally different.

Playing Darkfall EU1 Server

• Weezer_GeekWeezer_Geek Member Posts: 18

Even tho its still in beta, I would suggest Allods. Its a very polished WoW clone. Should be released in Jan/Feb 2010, but theres a few more closed betas (which Im sure MMORPG will be handing out more keys) and Open beta 1st. Its very WoW- like, without ripping off everything that WoW does. F2P with CS, and so far CS doesn't seem to have anything that is game breaking. Only time will tell though.

• johnmatthaisjohnmatthais Member CommonPosts: 2,663
    Originally posted by ozy1

Why dont you try somthing out of your comfort zone like Darkfall. Stop playing those boring tab target grind gear games. In the end they are all the same and you will end up playing WoW again. Brake the mold and play something totally different.

Why don't you play Face of Mankind? It's completely player-run, twitch-based, and free! Not to mention, it has a great RP community and only has one faction of annoying gankers, instead of three! Why? Because any faction of annoying gankers eventually has war declared on them by another or multiple other factions. That way, only the faction that's supposed to be roleplaying gankers plays as gankers! Break the mold and play something totally different.

See? I can do it too. =P

• itomic97itomic97 Member UncommonPosts: 49

Trust me, Allods Online is what you are lookin for. Beautiful classes, world, combat, some bugs due to its cb. :) My number 1 game for now.

• WrenderWrender Member Posts: 1,386
    Originally posted by Gregtheexcon

Thanks for the fast response guys, I understand asking for a f2p is streching it, but i really enjoy the item mall in gmaes,

Im checking the games listed and I also got a email for SuN which im checking out, any more references as well? can't have to many : )

F2P? ... You might try DDO Unlimited. Recently went F2P and prob the best F2P game out now. Unique F2P buiness model they got going. It ain't really a WOW clone but it's a lot of fun now. Also might try Vanguard, it ain't F2P but if SOE had any sense and knew how to market/advertise it could easily topple WOW. Lot of people are gonna say I'm lying but Vanguard is actually quite a good game these days.

• EYELEsS999EYELEsS999 Member Posts: 1

As previously mentioned, if you're hung up on F2P, definitely try to get in to the closed beta for Allods online (or just wait for the official game to be released). I've been playing that for a few days now, and it actually is pretty enjoyable so far. A very promising-looking F2P game, indeed. Very WoW-esque.

If you're not hung up on F2P, I recommend you check out LoTRO. I recently started playing this again, and I'm very impressed with the amount of changes (for the better) they've made since the last time I gave it a whirl on it's launch day. It's just a lot more fun now. You gain rested XP after every time you log off, you can purchase XP boosts with accumulated in-game points, not to mention leveling is fast, quests/dungeons/instances are all very fun. It's worth trying the trial at the very least. Best ten bucks I've spent on an MMO in a good while.

• chriselchrisel Member UncommonPosts: 990

I recommend LOTRO too, if you are not too hung up on PvP or F2P. Great game which you can play casual or hardcore. Just as you please. GFX engine looks great and runs very smooth as well.

Make us care MORE about our faction & world pvp!