Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My beta(or should I say alpha) review and is MO a scam?

1235»

Comments

• randomtrandomt Member UncommonPosts: 1,220

Originally posted by Dark-Asylum
    Rofl...what a joke of a game.

Considering he's bitching about systems that are just there temporarily to give players something to do while they roll out the real stuff.. yea. The OP is brilliant.

Not to mention he's wrong about the 1 million combo thing, its 140ish million. No it's currently not in place, as only a subset of the materials and craftable parts are available, but once they add in-game sources for everything.. yea.

• TheConfinedTheConfined Member Posts: 46

Haven't you realized that since the very start of beta EVERY SINGLE THING IN THE GAME CURRENTLY IS A PLACE HOLDER.

How the fuck can we be testing the game if 99% of the game we're currently playing is not even whats going to be in the official release.

Beta = feature COMPLETE...not every feature unfinished and broken as fuck

do you realize how long it takes to code most of the things this team is pretending it can code?  Believe me Star Vault does NOT have the team nor the funds to create a good game...its literally impossible for them and they will 100% guarenteed run out of funds before this game ever goes from being a totally worthless piece of shit to something halfway decent

every single post from fanboi's involved explaining how nothing in the game is finished but that once it is...it will be amazing

[Mod Edit]

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by TheConfined

Hi, Ive been playing Mortal Online since day 1 of beta ... completely retarded.  

Hello? It is a beta. Any game in beta is totally incomplete and will have loads of issue, beta testing isn't for fun, it is to fix all issues with the game so it doesn't release like Vanguard.

The fact that a MMO is releasing late is not something new, not even for other genres, "Diablo 2" released years too late.  Would it be better if they release it way too early like VG, AoC and for that matter DF? No it wouldn't, it is a lot better to postpone a MMO launch and release it with no or little bugs and fun game play than to cut a lot of important content (like WAR) and releasing a client that is almost unplayable (AoC and VG).

SV should not hurry this game, but release it when it is finally done and stable.

Paying to play a beta isn't that smart unless you love beta testing. Maybe you should just stay far away from the game (and all other betas) and only play actually released games?

I say it again: beta tests isn´t for fun. It is for huge fans that want to help tuning the game. Play something else until the game comes out in other cases.

MO might suck badly at release but you can't actually say that until the game releases. And it was your decision to pre-order a game you never seen. I would only do that if I am a huge fan of the company or dev that made the game, like GW2.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Haven't you realized that since the very start of beta EVERY SINGLE THING IN THE GAME CURRENTLY IS A PLACE HOLDER.
    Uh, hopefully you add those features when the ones already added works as intended.  I been betatesting a lot of games the last past 10 years and early in the beta it is always like that. You are thinking about "open beta" that is a stress test. And try not to insult people, it is a sure way to be banned in this forum.
    How the fuck can we be testing the game if 99% of the game we're currently playing is not even whats going to be in the official release.
    Uh, you don't test the complete game until all features are done. Usually they turn on and off different features to test them or add more when the current ones are working.
    That is what you are suppose to report in so they can fix them, it is the whole idea of a beta.
    do you realize how long it takes to code most of the things this team is pretending it can code?  Believe me Star Vault does NOT have the team nor the funds to create a good game...its literally impossible for them and they will 100% guarenteed run out of funds before this game ever goes from being a totally worthless piece of shit to something halfway decent
    every single post from fanboi's involved explaining how nothing in the game is finished but that once it is...it will be amazing

Have been in any early beta before?
    But I can tell you one thing, the game is far from release still, 6 months at least. But things are broken, otherwise they wouldn't need a beta. If they releases the game totally broken, then you can be upset. Now you should either do your duty as a beta tester and test things or stay away until release.
    Bad beta testing is the single biggest reason for MMOs failure. If WAR and AoC would have been released when the beta testers actually suggested they would not have been the small games they are today, they had to short betas and didn't fix the issues before releasing. Internal alphas can never find enough issues unless you have Blizzards money to rent in people.

• HerculesSASHerculesSAS Member Posts: 1,272
    Originally posted by Loke666

Hi, Ive been playing Mortal Online since day 1 of beta ... completely retarded.  

Hello? It is a beta. Any game in beta is totally incomplete and will have loads of issue, beta testing isn't for fun, it is to fix all issues with the game so it doesn't release like Vanguard.

The fact that a MMO is releasing late is not something new, not even for other genres, "Diablo 2" released years too late.  Would it be better if they release it way too early like VG, AoC and for that matter DF? No it wouldn't, it is a lot better to postpone a MMO launch and release it with no or little bugs and fun game play than to cut a lot of important content (like WAR) and releasing a client that is almost unplayable (AoC and VG).

SV should not hurry this game, but release it when it is finally done and stable.

Paying to play a beta isn't that smart unless you love beta testing. Maybe you should just stay far away from the game (and all other betas) and only play actually released games?

I say it again: beta tests isn´t for fun. It is for huge fans that want to help tuning the game. Play something else until the game comes out in other cases.

MO might suck badly at release but you can't actually say that until the game releases. And it was your decision to pre-order a game you never seen. I would only do that if I am a huge fan of the company or dev that made the game, like GW2.

I will agree that beta tests are not for fun -- but a 'beta' gives the assumption that all the main systems are IN the game, not being coded and thrown in (like thieving or whatever). That's a relatively standard definition -- 'feature complete' meaning all the features are in and tested individually. Beta means they are being tested 'as a whole.'

The open beta 'stress test' is when they are done fixing the bugs of beta and verifying server performance, scaling and integrity for a large scale deployment. That means, the open beta should be just to fix server issues and lag issues, not game issues. Generally though, if you do everything right during closed beta, open beta should be reasonably successful and not too surprising.

Either way, we will see what happens.

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398

An honest review of the state of game is what this is, nothing more, nothing less.

Fanbois cry wolf, sad but true.

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    Originally posted by Loke666

I know you're slow in the head but haven't you realized that since the very start of beta EVERY SINGLE THING IN THE GAME CURRENTLY IS A PLACE HOLDER.
    Uh, hopefully you add those features when the ones already added works as intended.  I been betatesting a lot of games the last past 10 years and early in the beta it is always like that. You are thinking about "open beta" that is a stress test. And try not to insult people, it is a sure way to be banned in this forum.
    Uh, you don't test the complete game until all features are done. Usually they turn on and off different features to test them or add more when the current ones are working.
    That is what you are suppose to report in so they can fix them, it is the whole idea of a beta.
    I'm sorry but wtf is mentally wrong with you?  do you not see how dumb you are for thinking like this?
    Have been in any early beta before?
    But I can tell you one thing, the game is far from release still, 6 months at least. But things are broken, otherwise they wouldn't need a beta. If they releases the game totally broken, then you can be upset. Now you should either do your duty as a beta tester and test things or stay away until release.
    Bad beta testing is the single biggest reason for MMOs failure. If WAR and AoC would have been released when the beta testers actually suggested they would not have been the small games they are today, they had to short betas and didn't fix the issues before releasing. Internal alphas can never find enough issues unless you have Blizzards money to rent in people.

Ok so you admit that the game is far, far from release?

Cause I be interested to hear what you would say when the game is released in a month or so.

• patshirpatshir Member Posts: 114
    Originally posted by Talin

Leave the reviews to those who can write objective, coherent descriptions of a game. This useless drivel hurts my head, and the teenage angst comes out in whiny, hormonal rages.
    It would have been enough to say you didn't like the game, but the OP is trying to slander both the game and development studio. I have no interest in ever playing MO, but I hate seeing people go through this much effort to discredit a game.
    If you thought you were doing the community a favor, you should really re-read what you wrote and think about it. The community is best served by clear, concise information (i.e., facts) and opinions based on content/functionality tempered by consideration for the phase/status of a game.

I find the review clear and concise. I think he has been pretty objective.

And talking about betas, I am not an expert on MMOs but my common sense tells me that a beta is a ¨game in test¨ in other words you are not testing to see how good or bad we created the game but how good or bad it works in a real scenary of a server crowded with thousand people playing at the time.

It pisses me off when someone uses the argument of the beta testing stage to justify why a game is bad. It is bad because was created like that not because it is a beta.

• ThenariusThenarius Member Posts: 1,106
    Originally posted by patshir

Leave the reviews to those who can write objective, coherent descriptions of a game. This useless drivel hurts my head, and the teenage angst comes out in whiny, hormonal rages.
    It would have been enough to say you didn't like the game, but the OP is trying to slander both the game and development studio. I have no interest in ever playing MO, but I hate seeing people go through this much effort to discredit a game.
    If you thought you were doing the community a favor, you should really re-read what you wrote and think about it. The community is best served by clear, concise information (i.e., facts) and opinions based on content/functionality tempered by consideration for the phase/status of a game.

And talking about betas, I am not an expert on MMOs but my common sense tells me that a beta is a ¨game in test¨ in other words you are not testing to see how good or bad we created the game but how good or bad it works in a real scenary of a server crowded with thousand people playing at the time.

It pisses me off when someone uses the argument of the beta testing stage to justify why a game is bad. It is bad because was created like that not because it is a beta.

EvE at release, dude.

Indy companies don't have the money of EA or Activision.

• TalgenTalgen Member UncommonPosts: 400

Hi, Ive been playing Mortal Online since day 1 of beta and I have around 100+ hours of play time invested between all the games patches up until today and I would like to share my experiences with people who might be considering getting this game.  I personally think the game is not only terrible and a complete waste of time but in fact I think it is a scam.  

The game hasnt released yet so this review has no merit.   You are in beta, or at least what the dev's describe as beta, you should be testing the game and providing tickets of bugs, or suggestions to improve the game.  Now if the Devs listen is a whole nother story.  But no 'review' is worth anything until the game actually releases.  Only then can one say if its a waste of money or not.   If you chose to pre-purchase the game to get into a beta, thats a risk you take.  I prefer to wait until it releases and read what people have to say about a game, both sides.

Complaining about a game that hasnt even been released yet is the same as nit picking a book that hasnt been spell checked yet and is missing a few chapters.

If your opinion is still the same after the release then I'll respect it, until then.. not so much.

• HerculesSASHerculesSAS Member Posts: 1,272
    Originally posted by Thenarius

Originally posted by patshir

EvE at release, dude.

Indy companies don't have the money of EA or Activision.

No offense, but EVE at release had good base PvP. Nobody would come back to the game if the core PvP feature sucked.

MO's PvP is lackluster and clunky at best. I would have thought they'd opt to push out things like thieving, or housing in order to get combat pitch perfect, but apparently they aren't. I think they will suffer because of it, but the fanboys tell me otherwise :)

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772

Thanks, Confined!  The game is obviously a scam, so good on you for pointing it out!

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698

Not sure if its a scam or not but I have serious doubts on whether the game will be worth it or not. Right now it looks like its going to be pretty bad.

• DenambrenDenambren Member UncommonPosts: 399

Thanks for the warning.

I was checking into this MMO occasionally but your review has saved me the trouble of wasting any more of my time with it.

I wish more people would be as honest about their reviews and help people stay away from scam-type games.