Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Good grief the X-pac is difficult!

ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

I just tinkered around with some skirmishes and the first part of Myrkwood, and whoever says all MMOs are getting easier! Shoot. I died quite a lot of times. I don't have much time to play atm, so take it with a grain of salt, and I am not sure yet if I like or hate this raise of difficulty.

I just wanted to say.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

Comments

• Frostbite05Frostbite05 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,880

i do skirmishes often and they really aren't that hard if your doing the t1 version of them.

• FikusOfAhaziFikusOfAhazi Member Posts: 1,835
    Originally posted by Elikal

I just tinkered around with some skirmishes and the first part of Myrkwood, and whoever says all MMOs are getting easier! Shoot. I died quite a lot of times. I don't have much time to play atm, so take it with a grain of salt, and I am not sure yet if I like or hate this raise of difficulty.
    I just wanted to say.

When you create the Skirm. At the very top is the level of the Skirm. Erase it and type in a lower number. Get your bearings, then once you got it down, crank it up!!

See you in the dream..
    The Fires from heaven, now as cold as ice. A rapid ascension tolls a heavy price.

• arebareb Member Posts: 144

And if you can do a T3 solo, you rock!  Seriously... They made them VERY challenging...

• pencilrickpencilrick Member Posts: 1,550

"Skirmishes"?  Sounds like they made the expansion very gamey.  Getting away from the world feel is my guess.

Originally posted by pencilrick

"Skirmishes"?  Sounds like they made the expansion very gamey.  Getting away from the world feel is my guess.

played one?

See you in the dream..
    The Fires from heaven, now as cold as ice. A rapid ascension tolls a heavy price.

• pencilrickpencilrick Member Posts: 1,550
    Originally posted by FikusOfAhazi

played one?

Yeah, in a sense:  WOW battlegrounds, FPS games.

Sorry, but I have no use for instanced mini-games in MMO's; I want to adventure and explore in a "world", not some mini-arena nonsense.  The more gamey an MMO gets, the less immersive it becomes.  At some point, folks might as well logoff and play Tetris or something.

• SwoogieSwoogie Member UncommonPosts: 399

This makes me happy :)

played one?

Sorry, but I have no use for instanced mini-games in MMO's; I want to adventure and explore in a "world", not some mini-arena nonsense.  The more gamey an MMO gets, the less immersive it becomes.  At some point, folks might as well logoff and play Tetris or something.

Ok. A simple "no" would have sufficed.

We need adventurers up to the challange anyway. No time for tears.

Anyone else who is willing to take this challange with us, who thinks they are able to overcome all odds, or die trying? 

See you in the dream..

• CerionCerion Member Posts: 1,005

Yeah, there are points in the xpac that can be difficult.  Fortunately for the Intro I joined a good PUG and knocked out the string of harder solo quests. 

The Skirmishes have kicked my ass, I'll admit.  In beta, I didn't care because you have free gold. Now that I'm shelling out my own coin for repairs on my failed runs, not so much fun.  Skirmishes are a good idea though -- I applaud this addition of better solo content.

Games I'm watching: Infinity: The Quest for Earth, Force of Arms.

Find the Truth: http://www.factcheck.org/

• YeeboYeebo Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

Skirmishes have been getting a lot of press because they are somewhat innovative and a lot of fun.  However, in  terms of content that's less than 1/3 of the expansion.  Mirkwood is a very fun outdoor questing zone with a lot of hubs, and there is also the new raid and epic quest line.  But please,  feel free to continue to think you have a good idea what the expansion is like based on zero experience with it.

To the OP: the quests to get in to Mirkwood proper are indeed a bear.  It will help a screaming ton if you can get into a party.  Even a  two man party can get through it a ton easier than a soloist.

I don't want to write this, and you don't want to read it. But now it's too late for both of us.

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398

Challenge to some, Difficult to others, not all men are made equal.

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • Einherjar_LCEinherjar_LC Member UncommonPosts: 1,055

played one?

Uh, no you haven't.

How can you come here and say you don't like something yet have no experience with the something you don't like.

I have played both WoW and LOTRO and I can tell you skirmishes are NOTHING like battlegrounds at all.  While it is true they are instanced, Turbine has done a very good job of tying the reasoning behind the skirmishes into the existing story line so there is ZERO loss of immersion.

But judge away.......those that have played them love them and there have been zero complaints of gameiness or loss of immersion.  Hmm....let's see, whose opinion shall I believe?  Those that have actually played them, or someone that played something in another game that he thinks is similar but really isn't at all.....

Einherjar_LC says: WTB the true successor to UO or Asheron's Call pst!

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607
    Originally posted by Fusion

Challenge to some, Difficult to others, not all men are made equal.

Particularly all classes made equal.  My 32lvl champ rips through Gondolan at 32nd lvl while my 62nd lvl hunter has a tough time with it at 60.  It could be because my soldier isn't yet up to "60-ish standards, though.  Only a matter of time, and I'm loving the ride!

I've heard that Mirkwood is pretty tough... I'm holding off til' 63rd-64th lvl before I go.  Plenty to do in the meantime...