Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DF Quick Look Impressions Videos

kikinchazkikinchaz Member UncommonPosts: 562

I noticed there was a huge lack of casual gameplay videos for DF within the past few months so after starting the game a few days ago decided to document my time with the game in a series of Quick Look Impressions videos. I'll constantly be updating the article when I create new videos.

As of 20/12/09 (UK Date) I've done my second video. Make sure to watch it in HD and subscribe/comment/rate if possible. Thanks guys, hope you enjoy it.

Article with all the videos so far - Game-Pad.net

Quick Look 1 Youtube Link - Pt1 || Pt2

Quick Look 2 Youtube Link - Pt1 || Pt2 || Pt3 || Pt4 || Pt5

Comments

• Einstein-DFEinstein-DF Member Posts: 752

nice videos bro

• PsalmsPsalms Member UncommonPosts: 137

Really enjoyed the vids...nice work!

How do you like the game so far?

• kikinchazkikinchaz Member UncommonPosts: 562
    Originally posted by Psalms
    How do you like the game so far?

Thanks guys, appreciate it.

I'm really enjoying the game. Its extremely refreshing after being burnt out on the usual fantasy MMO's. It's exciting having to re-learn a ton of concepts due to just how different DF is to anything i've played before.

• indiramournindiramourn Member UncommonPosts: 884

Thank you, kikinchaz for these terrific videos!

Well, I have to admit that after looking at these videos that perhaps Darkfall has finally reached a level that I would consider "checking it out".  Now if only they would offer a free trial or drop their cost for the game and the subscription fee to an "independent developer" level ($29.95 for the game, $9.95 a month, perhaps).  My biggest gripe with Aventurine has been the triple AAA quality price for a AA quality product.

• RuynRuyn Member Posts: 1,052
    Originally posted by indiramourn

Well, I have to admit that after looking at these videos that perhaps Darkfall has finally reached a level that I would consider "checking it out".  Now if only they would offer a free trial or drop their cost for the game and the subscription fee to an "independent developer" level ($29.95 for the game, $9.95 a month, perhaps).  My biggest gripe with Aventurine has been the triple AAA quality price for a AA quality product.

IMO it is better than any other game on the market.  It certainly offers more.  I would pay $30/month for this game.

Thanks alot for the kind words. Make sure you keep checking them out as I continue to release them. I'll bump this thread when I add others, or just subscribe on Youtube. If you do end up checking out the game it'd be awesome if you could use my referral link in the video description :)

I have to agree about the price. The subscription  fee isn't a major issue for me as it's just what I expect from MMO pricing but it's the initial 'box' price itself thats pretty high. Especially for us EU players. The standard game alone costs more than any other full priced newly launched PC title (believe its 40 odd euros or something?) that i've ever bought. But I took the plunge for the 6 months offer they had going, as it worked out to be quite a significant saving. Not sure if thats still running but it's pretty fairly priced. But as I said, for a game which has no free trial etc for players to know truly what they're getting into it definitely is a steep initial price.

That was one of the reasons for starting this video series. I couldn't even find any videos before I started the game of just pure narrated gameplay to really see what it was like, at least none from the last couple of months. Hopefully these videos will help those interested in the game make their decisions about whether to buy it or not. I am happy that I took the plunge though, I've really been enjoying the game.

I plan on having another video out by the end of this weekend but I'll see how that goes. I have 2 deadlines for University this Friday so I'm pretty busy at the moment, but will try put something together this weekend. If not definitely next week.

• EogrisEogris Member UncommonPosts: 102

Thanks so much for the videos! Hopefully I'll start playing after finals are over.

• EuphorykEuphoryk Member Posts: 450

Excellent videos!

Really appreciate you taking the time to record them and share them here, I cant deny that I am more interested in the game than ever after watching them. Frankly, I'm having a very hard time resisting the urge to buy the game this very moment.

One guarantee I can make after watching these is that I will definitely be buying it sooner than I thought. Thinking of getting myself and the my younger brother a copy around Christmas time, as a digital stocking stuffer of sorts.

Great work, much appreciated.

• vodnikvodnik Member UncommonPosts: 31

Cool vid bro. 

Cheers guys, appreciated.

Originally posted by Euphoryk

Excellent videos!
    Really appreciate you taking the time to record them and share them here, I cant deny that I am more interested in the game than ever after watching them. Frankly, I'm having a very hard time resisting the urge to buy the game this very moment.
    One guarantee I can make after watching these is that I will definitely be buying it sooner than I thought. Thinking of getting myself and the my younger brother a copy around Christmas time, as a digital stocking stuffer of sorts.
    Great work, much appreciated.

Will you be on the EU or NA server Euphoryk? If you do end up getting the game it'd be absolutely awesome if you could buy it using my referral link in the video description on youtube, I'd really appreciate that! And if you're on the EU server would be happy to meet up ingame and help you out, granted with what little I currently know!

• PsalmsPsalms Member UncommonPosts: 137

Will you post any new vids here?

Originally posted by Psalms

Will you post any new vids here?

I'll update the original post with each time I do new videos yes :)

Made quite a large amount of progress today. I havn't had chance to get onto the game these past few days so have spent almost the entire day today playing it, had a great time. Will be showing mounted stuff in the next vid, and the NEW guild on EU-1 have given me the go-ahead to show off Hammerdale our guild city also, so that'l be in the second video too :)

• LogothXLogothX Member Posts: 245
    Originally posted by Ruyn

IMO it is better than any other game on the market.  It certainly offers more.  I would pay $30/month for this game.

Can you describe what it offers? Serious question.

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

I also liked the videos alot and they are exactly what i was looking for. If you plan to continue the series, count me in as a frequent viewer.

The second video set is now up! In all of its glory in 5 parts clocking in at around 40 minutes. I got persuaded into going on a little sea adventure and decided to start filming it for my second episode. After the video ended we actually saw some Sharks out at sea and headed to try hunt them down, almost succeeding, but nevertheless it was a lot of fun.

Hope you guys enjoy, and as always comments are much appreciated :)

• shade273shade273 Member UncommonPosts: 47

Thinking about getting this, but something about it has been bothering me.

Do skills degenerate?

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985
    Originally posted by shade273

Thinking about getting this, but something about it has been bothering me.
    Do skills degenerate?

No they do not.

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• elf8blisself8bliss Member UncommonPosts: 304

Good job putting on the vids, and thanks for taking time to do it to help others!

• HalfmadHalfmad Mortal Online CorrespondentMember Posts: 83

Very nice videos, was interesting to see from a newbie point of view. I've been pondering Darkfall for a while now, been without internet for months but now I'm looking for something that's out and ready to play but not a WoW clone!

• Originally posted by Halfmad

Very nice videos, was interesting to see from a newbie point of view. I've been pondering Darkfall for a while now, been without internet for months but now I'm looking for something that's out and ready to play but not a WoW clone!

Darkfall is the furthest possible distance you could get from a WoW clone, there is simply no comparison. 

• KasmosKasmos Member UncommonPosts: 593

They're doing a combo deal right now so that you get the client + 6 months for $87 or something like that. It's basically like getting the game client + one month of game time for free, and you just are paying for five months of subscription.

Just throwing that out there, because it's soooooo worth it ; )