Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Favorite class

DaX.9DaX.9 Member Posts: 192

Hi, I just wonder what is your favorite class in GW?

Mine is necromancer, I just love to be minion master in any game and I think it is wonderfull that there is one in guild wars.

Comments

• kzaskekzaske Member UncommonPosts: 518

Without a doubt my favorite profession is Ranger.

Enough engery to support most other professions as a secondary, enough armor to tank when needed and the ability to strike a foe without them counter attacking (if you take the time to find the right location to strike from).

• Man1acMan1ac Member Posts: 1,428
    Originally posted by kzaske

Without a doubt my favorite profession is Ranger.
    Enough engery to support most other professions as a secondary, enough armor to tank when needed and the ability to strike a foe without them counter attacking (if you take the time to find the right location to strike from).

More armour than casting classes and you can be a great interrupter or degen expert.

We're all Geniuses. Most of us just don't know it.

• LoveImagineLoveImagine Member Posts: 17

yeah i have to go ranger too. but im a ranger in any mmo...

• CaltorCaltor Member Posts: 2

Monk, monk and monk again i love them not only you always need a monk in your team it can be really chalanging to keep all your team and yourself alive especially in HM...

1- monk

2-sins, warior and paragon

3-dervish and mesmer

4 ranger and necro(nice to have lot of minions)

5-rit and eles(i dont rly like long casting time nor exaustion xD) 

• joker007mojoker007mo Member Posts: 712

paragon and mesmer my first character i played as was the mesmer at the start of prophecies and it was tough . the paragon was second and at the time nightfall came out it was tough then too. after the nerfs though i kinda just gave up but only two toons i dont have are necro and monk lol. necro wasnt really my type of toon and the monk well i can barely handle healing myself let alone other ppl lol.

• tro44_1tro44_1 Member Posts: 1,819

if I could make my own Role Playing class for Guild Wars (out of the current classes) I would have somethign like this

Hood and Robe (of the Dervish)

Muscles (of the Warrior)

Scyth skills (of the Dervish)

Angel Wings (of the Para)

Chained Spirit Summoning (of the Ritualist)

Dont have a name for the class but the idea behind it, is a Holy/Shadowy Spirit Realm fighter. Who can Summon the wicked Spirits of the underworld, and chain them to the living world to fight for them.

Also the (insert Class Name) can Summon Angels into the living world to heal and protect ally.

Basically has 2 types of Pets. Spirits cant move, but Angels can. Each has there trade off advantages. So this class  is mostly a Melee Pet class with healing and defense from pets and such.

Skilled class for fighting Undead,Ritualist and Necromancer.

• takayitakayi Member Posts: 158

Monk... just because I am a support / healer type of player.

• QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230

Mesmer and all of its combinations.

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

• iStyleiStyle Member Posts: 40

Only doing some very casual GvG with old friends nowadays, but these would be mine:

1. Ranger, as I like the utility/disruptor/split character they have.

2. Warrior for big domoges :P

• GWFarmDataGWFarmData Member Posts: 3

My Favorite class is by far the Ritualist. I love being the jack of all trades from laying spirits to doing damage to healing other players. They are also a power house in solo farming which is what I love to do. Ritualists are also effective healers in Random Arenas and are the best flaggers when it comes to GvG. 

Mesmer is a close 2nd :)

• kittyvonkitakittyvonkita Member Posts: 75

Me too! I love Signet of Spirits! Makes for good soloing! :D

Second favorite is probably elementalist.

But of course necro gets all the pretty armor, of course. T__T

• DaX.9DaX.9 Member Posts: 192
    Originally posted by kittyvonkita

But of course necro gets all the pretty armor, of course. T__T

Ha ha, yes I must agree with this but ancient armor for ritualist is also pretty neat.

• buden-ninjabuden-ninja Member UncommonPosts: 53

Ranger is my favourite. Then Necro and Mesmer.

But one of the best points of GW is that all the classes are fun to play.

Haven't played for 1.5 years. Is the game still going strong? Good population?

• MushroomusMushroomus Member Posts: 70

I don't think there's a single class that I don't like. My first char was an Assasin/Mesmer degen. Then I played an E/Mo fire nuker(VERY VERY good pvp) I've ALWAYS had a monk ready for GVG (pvp heals are KICK ASS) then i played an MM in bigger pvp.

• MushroomusMushroomus Member Posts: 70
    Originally posted by buden-ninja

I played it maybe a couple weeks ago after not being on in a year or so and yeah the population is still very great. at higher end missions though there's not as many people as i remember back when GW first started, but with a nice guild you can always get a party fast

• iStyleiStyle Member Posts: 40
    Originally posted by Mushroomus

Originally posted by buden-ninja

I played it maybe a couple weeks ago after not being on in a year or so and yeah the population is still very great. at higher end missions though there's not as many people as i remember back when GW first started, but with a nice guild you can always get a party fast

The community have grown pretty top-heavy and the average pug is probably going to be 60% elitists, but once you find a guild, it gets much better. It's also still has a pretty large community, which is kinda impressive for it's age compared to other mmos. However, more and more people are getting their HoM filled up and getting ready to leave, and it could use some fresh blood too.

• illyanaillyana Member UncommonPosts: 614

my female Ele will always be my favorite
    but nowadays my female Rit gets all my attention, cuz its so unique in design and function, with her spirits and weapon spells and ashes
    theres just so much creativity in teh devt of the Rit
    i <3 the spell names
    Attuned Was Songkai, Energetic Was Lee Sa, Generous Was Tsungrai, Mighty Was Vorizun, Protective Was Kaolai.....

Have fun storming the castle! - Miracle Max