Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will there be a wipe after open beta?

mrmelonimrmeloni Member UncommonPosts: 236

Are they wiping when open beta ends or will open beta characters carry onto retail?

Comments

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

Since this is a f2p game unless there some big bug/exploit whatever that has been found that needs some big update and would need to roll back the servers there won't be a wipe.

• xenoracexenorace Member UncommonPosts: 205
    Originally posted by bloodaxes

Since this is a f2p game unless there some big bug/exploit whatever that has been found that needs some big update and would need to roll back the servers there won't be a wipe.

This is a CBT, and I'm not sure what MMOs you've played within the last half decade, but there is usually a full server wipe right before OBT. Being that it's a f2p game is more of a reason to wipe....how else will they sell all those exp pots to the CBT that already know the entire first 20 or 30 levels of quests?

S.C.I.F.I
    <Sights, Clouded, In, False, Illusions>

Originally posted by xenorace

Originally posted by bloodaxes

This is a CBT, and I'm not sure what MMOs you've played within the last half decade, but there is usually a full server wipe right before OBT. Being that it's a f2p game is more of a reason to wipe....how else will they sell all those exp pots to the CBT that already know the entire first 20 or 30 levels of quests?

Didn't he mean if there will be a wipe when your in open beta to live? that's what I got when I read OP lol.

• SnarlingWolfSnarlingWolf Member Posts: 2,697

Any game that didn't do a full wipe would be a game not worth playing.

Originally posted by SnarlingWolf

Any game that didn't do a full wipe would be a game not worth playing.

But since this is a F2P apart that everyone can play without the need of a key in open beta wipes usually never happen unless there's some big bug.

• xenoracexenorace Member UncommonPosts: 205

My fault he did say open beta. I assumed he meant closed beta since the game is still in that phase. Kinda jumping ahead if you ask me.

In which case yes your correct in the sense that most F2P mmos DO NOT wipe at the end of OBT.

S.C.I.F.I
    <Sights, Clouded, In, False, Illusions>