Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dead Space 2 official!

Swafdawg23Swafdawg23 Member Posts: 390

this is great news.. i was a lil worried that this game wouldnt ever see light cause of all the EA layoffs and cancelled projects! and if you havent played Dead Space i highly suggest it..awesome game!

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6242324.html?tag=latestheadlines;title;1

gamertag - Swaffle House

Comments

• gargantroogargantroo Member Posts: 1,477
    Originally posted by Swafdawg23

this is great news.. i was a lil worried that this game wouldnt ever see light cause of all the EA layoffs and cancelled projects! and if you havent played Dead Space i highly suggest it..awesome game!

I highly suggest NOT playing it. Very stupid game.

i play on australian servers because racism is acceptable there
  • Swafdawg23Swafdawg23 Member Posts: 390

if you didnt like the game then why did you even come into this thread retard.

gamertag - Swaffle House

• metalhead980metalhead980 Member Posts: 2,658

Dead space was freaking awesome.

I cannot wait for this game to release.

After seeing Resident evil and silent hill both fail to deliver that scary feeling in its games I was glad to stumble on dead space.

PLaying: EvE, Ryzom

Waiting For: Earthrise, Perpetuum

• paulrgodpaulrgod Member UncommonPosts: 240
    Originally posted by Swafdawg23

Thanks for the news - Dead Space was indeed Awesome.  Definately looking forward to this.

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

Hope they make it longer then the first one although as horror it fails as a shooter is a good one like resident evil 4.

Originally posted by bloodaxes

Hope they make it longer then the first one although as horror it fails as a shooter is a good one like resident evil 4.

You didn't think it was a good horror game?

It had me on the edge of my set and im one of those crazy horror movie fanatics.

Maybe you will like Alan Wake? its suppoed to be real suspenseful.

Originally posted by metalhead980

It had me on the edge of my set and im one of those crazy horror movie fanatics.

It may give you a fright because of the wierd camera angle but after the first chapter apart of the regenable alien all do the same actions but like I said it's a good shooter love the weapons.

I actually have to disagree here - playing the game on a 40" HDTV with surround sound turned up loud.  I've never felt so terrified while playing a game. 

The atmosphere in the game is so finely crafted it verges on perfect, the sounds, graphics etc all just amazing. 

Yes it's a bit chaotic at times - very reminscent of a shooter - but that doesnt detract from the true feelings of dread and fear present throughout which wholeheartedly = horror.

oh... and 1 tiny thing.... spelling in your sig = Fail... Vinvent Valentine - who's he?

It may give you a fright because of the wierd camera angle but after the first chapter apart of the regenable alien all do the same actions but like I said it's a good shooter love the weapons.

What would you consider a good horror game?

I'm kinda desensitized when it comes to horror. Gore and stuff just doesn't get to me after growing up on texas chainsaw massacre and night of the living dead heh.

• Swafdawg23Swafdawg23 Member Posts: 390

i thought it was a pretty freaky game..alot of jump moments and the ending scared the piss outta me

gamertag - Swaffle House

Originally posted by paulrgod

I actually have to disagree here - playing the game on a 40" HDTV with surround sound turned up loud.  I've never felt so terrified while playing a game. 

The atmosphere in the game is so finely crafted it verges on perfect, the sounds, graphics etc all just amazing. 

Yes it's a bit chaotic at times - very reminscent of a shooter - but that doesnt detract from the true feelings of dread and fear present throughout which wholeheartedly = horror.

oh... and 1 tiny thing.... spelling in your sig = Fail... Vinvent Valentine - who's he?

Well that's your opinion I didn't find it terrifiying at all after the first chapter apart of the first time seen aliens I always knew from were they were coming wow that's terrifying.

As for the sig well no need to insult just because I disagree with your "terrifying game" I just found that on some website and didn't even notice of that spelling...

I'm kinda desensitized when it comes to horror. Gore and stuff just doesn't get to me after growing up on texas chainsaw massacre and night of the living dead heh.

Actually the only game that game me the most frights when playing it's not actually with monsters and zombies at first (Condemned criminal origins) but still not a bad game plus I hate the fact that all the horrors are plain short.

Another one that I enjoyed a lot and hope they make a sequel of it but it's actually more a shooter with zombies and such (Has awesome graphics and animations) is Clive barker's jericho. A note if you try the game the people that say it takes a whole clip of ammo to kill the zombies never shoot them in their weakpoint the head.

Horror are my favourite genere eventhough they don't scare me I love the mystery, almost always a great story and instant action  they involve.

Well that's your opinion I didn't find it terrifiying at all after the first chapter apart of the first time seen aliens I always knew from were they were coming wow that's terrifying.

As for the sig well no need to insult just because I disagree with your "terrifying game" I just found that on some website and didn't even notice of that spelling...

So somethings not scary just cause you know it's coming?  Most Horror's share the same thing throughout the film / game.  Something set in space with aliens isn't going to throw anything else into the mix because it would detract from the experience... I wouldn't expect halfway through the game the developers decided that the aliens were boring - lets throw in some scary spiders - it just doesnt work.

Same thing for Resident evil - did you give up after the first zombie and think.. meh this games just full of zombies - its gonna be boring now?

The whole fact that Dead Space sticks to an exact theme and does it incredibly well is what makes it work.  That Alien is terrifying - no 2 ways about it... oh and there's many different forms of the alien - not just the first ones you see; always throwing surprises into the mix, and in fact creating a whole life cycle and eco system around the entity.

I wasn't insulting your sig - it actually looks cool - i just thought i'd mention it as you may have not noticed the error - which you say you hadn't so all's good :)

Actually the only game that game me the most frights when playing it's not actually with monsters and zombies at first (Condemned criminal origins) but still not a bad game plus I hate the fact that all the horrors are plain short.

Another one that I enjoyed a lot and hope they make a sequel of it but it's actually more a shooter with zombies and such (Has awesome graphics and animations) is Clive barker's jericho. A note if you try the game the people that say it takes a whole clip of ammo to kill the zombies never shoot them in their weakpoint the head.

Yeah, Condemned was very good a bit underrated imo.

I don't know about Jericho though I only played a demo and I didn't like the shooting mechanics behind the game.

Was it scary because it was hard? I didn't  see any horror elements to the game and it seemed to go overboard with the blood splashes.

• ghost047ghost047 Member UncommonPosts: 597

Have to agree with you exept I played on a 52" HDTV. This is the scrariest game I have ever played and I played pretty much all of them, I can't wait for the sequel.

Have you guys watch the movie, not as good as the game but still interresting for the story.

Get a life you freaking Gamer.....no no, you don't understand, I'm a Gamer, I have many lives!!

• BademBadem Member Posts: 830

I like Dead Space, I ma upto my third encounter with teh regenable alien (in the weird room with the structure in the middle?)

Sadly am ouot of ammo and health kits and struggling to figure out how to kick its xeno ass :(

Maybe I shouldnt have gone medievil on its ass previously

I beated the game and enjoyed it but don't tell me after the first aliens came throughout the ventilation or when you saw them standing pretending to be dead you didn't knew what was going to happen.

The big alien is so laughable you can just hide someplace he can't reach and he will go hide somewere you can't shoot him until you come out. Shooting the meteorites was pretty cool but that was some minigame and I think you would still continue even if you get a lot of damage from the meteorites, a firend was telling me that the small insect like aliens are a pain to beat but with the burst gun you just need to go near and shoot pam all dead. Last boss with the machine gun or whatever it's called it's pretty easy to beat.

Resident evil 4 had better bosses imo but yet like dead space was not that horrific for me.

Originally posted by ghost047

Have to agree with you exept I played on a 52" HDTV. This is the scrariest game I have ever played and I played pretty much all of them, I can't wait for the sequel.

Have you guys watch the movie, not as good as the game but still interresting for the story.

Heh nice...  well it's not all about the size ;)

Yeah i've got the film on Blu-Ray i enjoyed it - and it was interesting to see all the crazy shit that happened before Isaac's arrival and how some of those recorded messages and stuff all tie into it all.

I might pick up the Wii game after Christmas too just to tie me over until some more Dead Space 2 info :)

I don't know about Jericho though I only played a demo and I didn't like the shooting mechanics behind the game.
    Was it scary because it was hard? I didn't  see any horror elements to the game and it seemed to go overboard with the blood splashes.

It's more survival horror like those video games that you find in games room but sometimes it can give you a small fright, you have sometimes to click some quick buttons to survive against some enemies and all characters have awesome skills I love the sniper gal :P.

The bosses are perfect there's a boss in a coluseium then after wining against the monsters that come out you have to fight him hanged from his back  on a turning circle (You can guess the amount of blood coming out when turning) pretty awesome.

Clive barker is a very good horror game creator and I'll be sure on trying his next games.

It's more survival horror like those video games that you find in games room but sometimes it can give you a small fright, you have sometimes to click some quick buttons to survive against some enemies and all characters have awesome skills I love the sniper gal :P.

The bosses are perfect there's a boss in a coluseium then after wining against the monsters that come out you have to fight him hanged from his back  on a turning circle (You can guess the amount of blood coming out when turning) pretty awesome.

Clive barker is a very good horror game creator and I'll be sure on trying his next games.

hmmm, well Ill check it out im sure I could pick it up from a bargin bin somewhere. thanks

Np, one of the biggest dissapointments in horror games for me was f.e.a.r I have a friend that can't even stand seeing a little scene of silent hill and already getting frightened I spent many days making him frightened on dead space xD

Anyways what I didn't like on fear was the fucking slow motion your character has it ruined it for me and because of that I didn't even gave a chance for fear 2 which maybe can be better but if it has the slow motion I know it will ruin it for me.

There was also Cryostasis which I won't say anything bad on it because I wasn't unable to try it since vista is not supported.. good thing I tried it before buying it.

• CeridithCeridith Member UncommonPosts: 2,980

Glad to hear the sequel is still coming. I've been anxiously waiting to find out where the story goes next, since the last game ended with a pretty resounding "wtf just happened?" moment.

I think they did a great job with the first game. The story was really deep if you actually paid attention to it (and it made things all the more creepy), a lot of little nuances to notice once you've played through the first time. I really liked how they decided to integrate the UI into the game as well, which made the game more immersive.

If you were refering to me I find it funny that everyone now needs to go up on assumptions just because I don't think it's a scary game lol... why shouldn't I play it seriously I payed for it and it actually has a good story but not one of the best in making people scared imo if you didn't mean that to me then don't mind this post.

Ps. metal if you still see this thread lemme know if you get the game how you found it :)

• cirdanxcirdanx Member Posts: 27

Good game, i´m curious about the second part, however i hope they will take a closer look at the pc this time, pc handling was horrible in my opinion.

"i'm a leaf on the wind watch how i soar"