Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: Races of Tyria Trailer and Q&A

Comments

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

I guess I prefer this "asian'e" style than EQ2's western style =P

Awesome trailer =]

• achellisachellis Member Posts: 542

i bet ill get yelled at for this question.

but is GW2 going to be instanced like GW

• iStyleiStyle Member Posts: 40
    Originally posted by clik

Originally posted by iStyle

Originally posted by coffee

Still a little asian'e style wise, poses, animations I have seen a million times in the other countless asian MMO's but I played original GW for a few months years ago and saw some potential (honestly the inability to jump and swim killed it for me) so I'll check it out when released.

It's made by americans. ;>

Still doesn't change the fact that he sees it as asian'e "style wise"

No need to get all butthurt now :P

But, he said "in the other countless asian MMO's", which was what I was addressing. ;>

• AlberelAlberel Member Posts: 1,121
    Originally posted by achellis

i bet ill get yelled at for this question.
    but is GW2 going to be instanced like GW

Nope, it's going to be like a regular MMO now, open world with limited instancing. :)

• HardangerHardanger Member Posts: 226

The original Guild Wars were the only games to ever immerse me in their story.  If this one can do the same, plus bring many improvements to the game mechanics, I will be very very happy.

• kittyvonkitakittyvonkita Member Posts: 75

My ex boyfriend got me addicted to GW1... II'm SOOOO freaking excited for this. Guild Wars 1 is my favorite game (cuz I'm a nerd, duh). Except EOTN, which is kind of fail.

• illyanaillyana Member UncommonPosts: 614

i love what im seeing so far abt GW2

Have fun storming the castle! - Miracle Max

• BurtzumBurtzum Member Posts: 67

Both trailers are ridiculous.  Generic high-fantasy drivel.  Looks like a total waste of some of the best concept artists in the industry.

• clikclik Member Posts: 68

Originally posted by clik

Originally posted by coffee

Still a little asian'e style wise, poses, animations I have seen a million times in the other countless asian MMO's but I played original GW for a few months years ago and saw some potential (honestly the inability to jump and swim killed it for me) so I'll check it out when released.

It's made by americans. ;>

Still doesn't change the fact that he sees it as asian'e "style wise"

No need to get all butthurt now :P

But, he said "in the other countless asian MMO's", which was what I was addressing. ;>

Nice save broseph :P :P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P

Edit: ;> ;> ;> ;>;> ;>;> ;>;> ;>;> ;>;> ;>;> ;>;> ;>

• Krn_AssassinKrn_Assassin Member Posts: 581

If I remember correctly Arenanet is a subsidiary under their parent company NCsoft so yes it is somewhat a Korean company. If that bothers you then don't play it.

• WindthWindth Member Posts: 7

El yay!

• iStyleiStyle Member Posts: 40
    Originally posted by Burtzum

Both trailers are ridiculous.  Generic high-fantasy drivel.  Looks like a total waste of some of the best concept artists in the industry.

Well I'm just hoping the actual gameplay will be good.

• TekaelonTekaelon Member UncommonPosts: 604

Out of curiosity what should they be doing? I personally like high fantasy (and other genres) but this is GW2. :)

• kittyvonkitakittyvonkita Member Posts: 75

MMkk... I respect your opinion... but really... just curious here... How is this a waste? It seems lots of people are excited about it.

• NandoSupesNandoSupes Member Posts: 61

this game is going to be a lot of fun. I'm glad that Arenanet/NC Soft are taking their time with the development of this game.

in case people don't know Arenanet is not a Korean developer,is an American one.

their studio is located in upstate Washington.

some of you are complaining about the art style,and that's fine, to each his own.

but every artist is unique.they all have a certain style American or Korean,it doesn't matter.

no is actually an open world setting.with some instances of course.

but a lot less than GW 1.

Originally posted by NandoSupes

this game is going to be a lot of fun. I'm glad that Arenanet/NC Soft are taking their time with the development of this game.

in case people don't know Arenanet is not a Korean developer,is an American one.
    their studio is located in upstate Washington.

some of you are complaining about the art style,and that's fine, to each his own.
    but every artist is unique.they all have a certain style American or Korean,it doesn't matter.

+1. But if you think Ncsoft has no word in the development of GW2 your dead wrong. The creators of Arenanet are now the CEO and President of NC West.

no is actually an open world setting.with some instances of course.

but a lot less than GW 1.

pretty sure they do I wasn't referring as to is running the show,more towards the art style of the game.

I think it has beautiful art design personally ,but not everyone is going to like it.

pretty sure Arenanet is going to deliver with this game.

Originally posted by kittyvonkita

MMkk... I respect your opinion... but really... just curious here... How is this a waste? It seems lots of people are excited about it.

I'm just disappointed because I see concept art visionaries like Daniel Dociu and M. C. Barret working on this game, as well as an obviously capable asset/production art team, yet their talents get lost in translation.  The resulting world and story is completely uninteresting.  Oh no!  Evil dragon!  You must save the world!  "Glory!" "Your legend will live forever!" "Tyria needs heroes!" "Time to fight!".  Its a regurgitation of every other fantasy game ever made.  You've got your elves (Sylvari), your Dwarves/Gnomes (Asura), your Orc/Tauren (Charr), and the humans have been divided into holy warrior paladin types (Humans), and Vikings (Norn).  Add in plenty of cheesy place names like Divinity's Reach and Black Citadel.  Aren't people tired of this crap?  I found myself rolling my eyes all the way through both trailers.

In short, I'm not curious about this world.  I don't feel compelled to explore or experience it.  Its just more of the same.  The gameplay might be outstanding but the world and lore is trite. 

Originally posted by kittyvonkita

I'm just disappointed because I see concept art visionaries like Daniel Dociu and M. C. Barret working on this game, as well as an obviously capable asset/production art team, yet their talents get lost in translation.

And whose decision was it to take the job?? Maybe "generic high-fantasy drivel" is what they prefer and what they're good at.

The work of those artists is not generic.  They are good at making unique, interesting imagery.  Thats why I said their talents are wasted on GW.

The work of those artists is not generic.  Thats why I said their talents are wasted on GW.

Well no one but you labeled it generic. High-fantasy is the theme of the game, they took the job cause they need the money or they want to be a part of the team, no one forced them but themselves. Their talents aren't wasted as many people are waiting for this game. What do you expect of GW concept art? zombies? you like zombies?

Hmmm you still don't seem to get what I am trying to say.  The GW concept art is better than the game.  That is what I am saying. 

When I look at the concept art I see glimpses of this interesting world I'd like to explore.

When I watch the trailer I see a rehash of standard fantasy story of good vs evil where "you, too, can save the world!" complete with all the expected archetypes.  boring.

• Bael13Bael13 Member Posts: 29

Look awesome and if it tops GW1 it will do very well. better than all other MMO's out there imo. Good luck WoW i hope it kills ya.

Free to Play, best story and Aion Graphics what more can i want