Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game is not dead thread

DarkbackwardDarkbackward Member Posts: 115

Look, this game is not dead at all. You pessimists who keep saying it will die will be proven wrong in the end. For those of you who are hopeful there is an active community.

Official Site:

www.atriarch.com

Active Community:

www.atwatcher.com

For those who have hope, this game WILL come out, and it WILL be awesome. And I am in no way a part of atriarch's development. Follow the game, and it will reward you.

Woo Atriarch!

Type Seed Game into your search engine. Go to the game's website and learn about it. It may be the best game you've continued to ignore.

Comments

• GreatnessGreatness Member UncommonPosts: 2,180
    Also, beta website is www.atbeta.com image.

~Greatness~

Currently Playing:
    Nothing

• TheWarcTheWarc Member Posts: 1,199
    Still it's 'almost' dead
  • SynonSynon Member Posts: 14

On the contrary, they are coming back at full force, just go look at the website!

• DarkbackwardDarkbackward Member Posts: 115
    People still refuse to look at it, all they say is "vaporware!" without even checking it out. Sad, really.

Type Seed Game into your search engine. Go to the game's website and learn about it. It may be the best game you've continued to ignore.

• cretinbobcretinbob Member Posts: 21
    Yeah it looks like someone else posted a link to a cached page. Games take time. They could hurry and spit out crap, or they can take their time and get it right. It's not something you throw together over a weekend.image
  • SerafinaSerafina Atriarch Lead DesignerMember Posts: 2

It would be nice to be able to spit it out over a weekend, unfortunately, we just aren't that good. Our team is small compared to most large companies. It makes things take a bit longer. That's ok, we'll get it done eventually one way or another.

Serafina
    Lead Designer
    Atriarch

• neschrianeschria Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

Hello, Serafina!

There are plenty of us still patiently waiting. When it's done, it's done, and we'll see it then. ;)

This is where I draw the line: __________________.

• DarkbackwardDarkbackward Member Posts: 115

Linux Alpha anyone? It's coming this summer.

I can't wait for my grand post on General Discussion entitled "Atriarch best game ever" thread within this year.

Woo Atriarch! image

• DinionDinion Member Posts: 879

If this game doesnt die and it ends up with a decently sized community I can tell you I will be playing. Although I would really like to see better graphics I know graphics do not make the game(refer to A Tale in the Desert).

----------------------------------
    MMOs Retired From: Earth and Beyond, Project Entropia, There, A Tale in the Desert, Star Wars Galaxies, World of Warcraft, Eve Online, City of Heroes/Villains.

MMOs Currently (worth) Playing: None.

MMO hopefuls: Age of Conan.

• NaarNaar Member UncommonPosts: 165
    DnL went through a long hibernation period, but now we are on top of the the Upcoming list and things are coming together...Keep hope guys because MMOs are the hardest game to make...

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

Its either dead or a part time project of 2-3 guys.

Honestly it been around so long i forget when i first heard of it.

• RagalornRagalorn Member Posts: 75

Aye im afraid this is just way too long "in development". Sad really as it had me interested.

• SynonSynon Member Posts: 14

I don't think you guys are giving them enough credit, they aren't a multimillion dollar corporation with a staff of 100+ with all the equipment they need. But they are well equiped enough to make this whole project come together and make a dream become a reality. I saw it at E3, it's taking a while, but it's going to be worth it. Testing will be starting this summer, one step closer towards release. =)

• PrestonPreston Member Posts: 122

I signed up for Atriarch beta 5 years ago and they still have my information. That was very impressive.
    What was less impressive was I'm not in beta yet. But I'm a rather patient fellow. ::::08::

• brigantinebrigantine Member Posts: 14

I followed the game for some time a few years back but nothing really has gone on since then. They still have coming soon for one of the race descriptions. Its been coming soon since around 2001!

• JabberwokkyJabberwokky Member Posts: 58
    It can't be dead, really. It ain't even born, so it is at best an abortion, I think.
  • roaringangelroaringangel Member Posts: 4

When it is done, i think i wil have a try to play. Perhaps it is a good game.

• levsixlevsix Member UncommonPosts: 363

I looked at the shots, it is weird, they look very dated. Is this being done by a few people as a pet project or is it a full company release?

No insult intended, but really, the graphics are extraordinarily dated. I realize graphics are not everything, but they certainly count. One has to wonder how someone can know anything about gaming and sit down and develop a game that looks like it is from 1999 It's very weird.

The site is also very amateur looking. I don't understand why people even bother investing so much time into games that would have been failures in 1999.

Have a winner and don't go on a game over! Does your avatar make you powerful in real life? Check out the Mystical Enders gaming community. www.mysticalenders.com

• IdesofMarchIdesofMarch Member Posts: 1,164
    Originally posted by levsix

I looked at the shots, it is weird, they look very dated. Is this being done by a few people as a pet project or is it a full company release?
    No insult intended, but really, the graphics are extraordinarily dated. I realize graphics are not everything, but they certainly count. One has to wonder how someone can know anything about gaming and sit down and develop a game that looks like it is from 1999 It's very weird.
    The site is also very amateur looking. I don't understand why people even bother investing so much time into games that would have been failures in 1999.

It's being developed by a very small group of people and has been in development since 1999 or so. As for the screenshots, according to that particular page on the site it hasn't seen an update since 2004 so who knows what state the game engine is in graphically nowadays. I wouldn't make any wages for this ever seeing the light of day, though I've been keeping an eye on it (and will continue to) for a few years now.

And yeah, the site could really use a redesign as what they have now reeks of old age.