Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did ArenaNet ask you....

Did the makers of GuildWars(ArenaNet) ask you the player/s "Where would you like to see GuildWars go?What would you want to do else in GuildWars to improve the gaming exp. for you the Player? No they didn't. Are you going to go out on release day and spend $50-60 of your money for an "All New" game where nothing form the past one gets transfered besides Titles that really only show that you did a sertent thing in the past game. What about all that time spent grinding all that gold to get that Elite armor you wanted that you finally got and to learn you cant keep it in the next story? What about that top guild you've had or all those green and gold items you collected or maybe how many times youve completed a story to get all those end game items or all that AB/PvP/GvG you did to get those bragging rights? It was a waste a complete waste to learn a all new GuildWars is coming out and you cant use any of that shit you work so f'ing hard to get. Do you think Guildwars even considered asking the mass instead of the staff for the future of GW no they didnt because they thought they'd make more money starting fresh and having them buy 3 more 50 dollar expansions and then make a GW3 so you can just do it again. if they wanted something new for GW they should of asked the players so nows your chance what do you want to see GW lead into forget GW2 is coming out and post what you think GW should go.

me myself i think they should make a bigger expansion that leads to a uncharted land drinchted in fire and in the detphs of a dark forest rises some dark dragon that bring dread and doubt to tryia changing the very land that you onces farmed and explored making new armor form lost mats and new weapons forged from the deeps of this forgoten land and up rises a new race or 2 to help conquir this ungreatful evil that threatens the very exsistence of tyria..

please tell me what you think GW should do to make it new with out making a new game to ruin all that hard work we players put in are chars

Comments

• deadvelitedeadvelite Member Posts: 2

sorry if i repeated myself i was in a hurry and if i missed spelled words and thx for replying

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856
    Originally posted by deadvelite

sorry if i repeated myself i was in a hurry and if i missed spelled words and thx for replying

bha dont bother its kiddy time so you wont get one fair reply ,thry all think everybodys native language is english lol

i sure would love to see them at least try to write another language but then most of those kids dont have backbone for any effort

only good to flame 

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

When Guild Wars 2 comes out Guild Wars will have been 5 years, probably 6 years, old. Time to move on. They wanted to make a game in which improves upon Guild Wars, use what they learned in the first game, and impliment new ideas into a game in which they could. Quite a few things they can do now they are limited by the game engine in the first game. I had a good time with Guild Wars but I am certainly glad they are making a new game. Do I feel bitter about all the hard "work" I put in the first game? No, it's just a game.

• TetsunamiTetsunami Member Posts: 20

Ok don't get me wrong but I see where your coming from and why everyone is freaking out towards you I'm not sure, yes your post was a little sloppy but your concerns are genuine though I do not agree with you. I have ground endless hours into GW1 and still do and will continue to do so until GW2 launches, does this make me feel bad that non of this goes into the new game? no not at all mainly because story is what makes an MMO like guild wars and the direction they are taking GW2 in is going to make for a spectacular online experience. With that said, sure some more content would be nice in GW1 but that just adds more hours of grind to the endless we have already amassed and inevitably a new game would have to follow eventually as technology progresses, the players demand it as it were.

hope I have expressed my opinion on what you have to say so that you can see it from another point of view.

• QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230

Virtual possessions and achievements are just that, virtual. Clean sheet is great. All knew stuff to learn and to experience. Dwelling on the old is... well bad -and sad. GW was a great game and its time to move on.

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

• Man1acMan1ac Member Posts: 1,428

Excuse me for being bold but OP. WTF is wrong with you? Guild Wars came out in 2005 and has had 3 expansions. Just look at GWEN, you can so easily tell that's the last addition to GW, because if they released another expansion, it would most probably be shite or average at best since it's a point, where it's really hard to come out with new ideas.

Now to my next point. All the cool stuff you got and bragged about is what everyone does to an extent. The day I got my obby armour I was showing off for months. And now if I log onto GW and someone dared me to salvage it...I probably would lol. We've all had our immaculate fun in GW, but now it's time to move on.

We're all Geniuses. Most of us just don't know it.

• GennadiosGennadios Member Posts: 209

No more uncharted lands. As it stands the game world is big enough. They DID ask the players that, and that was the general response. The current problems /w GW isn't the lack of content, but design choices that are quite difficult to expand in new ways.

What exactly is the point of a whole new uncharted land of fire? More titles to grind? More item skins that will be farmed do death in under a year? There's already an uncharted land of fire that provided a nice capstone to the proph experience. Any more than that will just make an epic area for having an epic area's sake. And the focus on making s*** epic in the later campaigns is what ruined GW in the first place.

• illyanaillyana Member UncommonPosts: 614

if majority of the current GW players are upset in ANET's move from GW1 to GW2, then noone will be playing the game right now *knowing* that what they're doing it all for nothing
    instead alot of oldtimers came abck playing when they saw the trailer for GW2
    and yeah, the main reason why they made GW2 is cuz of player clamor for more game features that the GW1 game engine cannot do, ie auction house, jumping, more persistence, etc

Have fun storming the castle! - Miracle Max

• GennadiosGennadios Member Posts: 209

Only thing is the auction house *can* be done /w the current engine. It's beyond me why anet still refuses to put one in, and they came close to implementing one, but backed out at the last minute.

Something about not wanting a gear driven economy or some such crap. All it's doing is making a certain segment of the player base not bother with trading.

• devilisciousdeviliscious Member UncommonPosts: 4,359

Why yes, yes they did ask for my opinion. I filled out a questionaire years ago about guild wars.  Great game

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

To answer your question as to wether or not I am going to go out and buy GW2, absolutely. Me and the wife are both grabing a copy and even plan on grabbing our daughter one.

• tro44_1tro44_1 Member Posts: 1,819

Why not stay in GW.

It will stay open, also they are adding the Sealed Deck mode.

Originally posted by tro44_1

Why not stay in GW.
    It will stay open, also they are adding the Sealed Deck mode.

Because Guild wars 2 will have an open world, world vs world pvp for resources , a groundbreaking player interactive event system.. and more than I could have even imagined implemnting into Guild wars.. amazing stuff is why! Guild wars is a great game, if they come through with what they are saying they are doing with guild wars2 , it is going to be bad ass!

• Masa1Masa1 Member UncommonPosts: 318

I can understand your frustration about ArenaNet abandoning Guild Wars (1). True, it will still be playable, but it's also true that there won't be any expansions. I'm sure that there are a lot of people like you who think that Guild Wars was great and they should improve it instead of making another game (to basically replace GW1).

From marketing perspective it was a smart move to give "GW2" name, but on the other hand that name is a slap on face to all GW1 fans, who think that GW1->GW2 is just a downgrade. A name like GW X (where X = random word) would've been better for describing the new game they're making.

As for me, I personally think that GW1 is lacking something (invisible walls, not enough persistent areas).. So I'm just happy that they're going to make an another game where the things I don't like in GW1 are fixed. Even though I think that GW1->GW2 is an improvement, I'm not saying that it's that for all players. (like those brainless FFXI fanboys do)

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

op your wrong they did ask ,but it was so long ago probably none that remember .in fact if i recall correctly they asked everytime they released an expension for guildwars,but then one catch you had to be an active player .

since you werent asked you probably werent an active player

• LIthosLIthos Member Posts: 47

I still remeber popping in the first GW and chosing my Ranger and almost instantly choosing to go to the pvp zone leaving Old Ascalon without getting my Rez Signet(yes i did start over).

Dude getting that Kind Of A Big Deal title track was a (lack of beter words) pain in my fucking ass. I am right there with you feeling alittle peeved, BUT if they came out with another expansion after EoTN wouldn't you feel cheated? Another expansion bringing what; more of the same... A new game is the best way to go imo. Isnt the things gained(new Races-come on who doesnt want to turn into a fucking bear or be a fairy/wisp thing-,jumping/swimming, day night cycle, etc.) is more than the things lost. Plus with your farming expertese you should be flying easier than the freshes especially in PVP. And we ALL know how it was to be a newb in Guild Wars pvp(for those who do not think -you learn quick or die-).

Originally posted by drbaltazar

op your wrong they did ask ,but it was so long ago probably none that remember .in fact if i recall correctly they asked everytime they released an expension for guildwars,but then one catch you had to be an active player .
    since you werent asked you probably werent an active player

I was one of those who they asked as well. They have  impressed me with  the direction they chose to go with Guild wars2 , I can;t wait to play it! From my expierance with Anet, they have always been very concerned about what the players want and strive to make the best game they can. With that attitude, and their well known capabilities, I believe they will be very successful with this game.

• svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230

If they had asked I certainly would have told them to NOT allow developed characters to transfer in.  A huge part of a new game is a new world and that includes everyone starting on even ground.  If I wanted to play catch-up Id probably give eq1 another go.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by svann

If they had asked I certainly would have told them to NOT allow developed characters to transfer in.  A huge part of a new game is a new world and that includes everyone starting on even ground.  If I wanted to play catch-up Id probably give eq1 another go.

Last I checked they ARE NOT doing that. The only carry overs from GW1 will be special titles / achievements you can equip from unlocking certain achievements in eye of the north. (think titles, novelty items, extra emotes, etc.) nothing game changing.

If you think about it, given how the new game is being setup, transfering characters from the original would be pretty much impossible, as the original characters are much different from what they are showing us for GW2. Eye of the North is the launching pad for GW2, think of it as a precursor or a short story that sets up the climate for the 2nd game. It setups up the plot, and gives players the chance to unlock a few achievements, but that's pretty much it.