Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking to try this game....

BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195

...I saw a thread earlier where someone was giving out trial keys..or buddy passes. Any chance  on me getting one from anyone?.....Looking to see what the game is like since it has had time to iron out many  launch issues (I hope)...as all mmos have.

Comments

• EuphorykEuphoryk Member Posts: 450

The only buddy passes available for DF at the present time are through a promotion that involves buying a gaming magazine that is only sold in specific european areas.

I haven't noticed any thread with anyone giving any away, I think the thread you saw was probably just the original one where the passes were mentioned as being legit. Nobody was giving any of them away though.

• BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195
    Originally posted by Euphoryk

The only buddy passes available for DF at the present time are through a promotion that involves buying a gaming magazine that is only sold in specific european areas.
    I haven't noticed any thread with anyone giving any away, I think the thread you saw was probably just the original one where the passes were mentioned as being legit. Nobody was giving any of them away though.

No...earlier today someone was offering keys and asking anyone interested to send a PM...unfortunately I was at work and had to assist a client ...when I went back I couldn't seem to find the thread again...lol..oh well.

Originally posted by BarCrow

No...earlier today someone was offering keys and asking anyone interested to send a PM...unfortunately I was at work and had to assist a client ...when I went back I couldn't seem to find the thread again...lol..oh well.

Interesting.

I cant seem to locate the thread, but if you manage to track it down would you mind tossing the link to the thread up here? I'd like to try and get in on one of those passes if possible.

Sure...I'm still looking. It wasn't the topic of the thread...but interspersed among the thread in question...whose title I can not remember.

Originally posted by BarCrow

It wasn't the topic of the thread...but interspersed among the thread in question...whose title I can not remember.

I suspected as much, no worries bud.

I'm looking too, so if I see it I'll be sure to post here and let you know as well. Thanks.

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

I think he was offering a link to buy the game through his community advertising link. It isn't allowed on these forums (see sticky) and probably got deleted by a mod. There is no free trial outside of Greece right now, but Aventurine are no doubt considering it if the free trials in Greece are successfull.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

I'm sure you're correct. I'm positive I've checked every DF thread I read yesterday and could not find the posts.