Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any Ex-WoW miss WoW?

Comments

• HardangerHardanger Member Posts: 226

Every time I quit WoW, I find myself missing it within a few weeks.  Then when I go back to it, I realize how much it sucks, and I quit again.  *sigh*

• WhackANewbieWhackANewbie Member Posts: 225

i used to do coke and i miss that. if you think about it it's basically the same as WoW...

• HydrobluntHydroblunt Member Posts: 282
    Originally posted by VoIgore

Sometimes i'm missing the fun and excitement i've had with my friends in early WoW, especially now that i can't find a decent game to play. "Why don't you go back then??" -because WoW has changed over the years and resubbing won't bring back the old times for many reasons.

Exactly.  WoW has changed too much for the worst.

I miss vanilla WoW and the fun I was having then.  I was also enjoying TBC, although not as much, but that all went down the crapper with that retarded WotLK expansion.

Tried it out, against my better judgement, in June after Warhammer CSRs pissed me off, and played maybe 8 hours over 3 weeks.  Sold my account, the game is just plain boring now, not for me.

I would play vanilla WoW again though.

Playing: EvE, Warhammer free unlimited trial, Allods Online
    Played: Anarchy Online, WoW, Warhammer, AoC, Ryzom. Aion
    Strongly Recommend: Ryzom, EvE, Allods Online

• tro44_1tro44_1 Member Posts: 1,819
    Originally posted by Amstrup

Originally posted by jonezi92

I miss the  OLD WoW yes, when i say the old wow i mean back in the day when wow was still mysterious to all players :D
    No one cared about ZoMg PuRpuLz
    when the story actually mattered and it hadn't been rinsed and repeated as it has been for the past few years

The story has only improved over the last 5 years :-)

Yeah right!!

Illidan as a Big Bad Boss? LOL he not even a bad guy really. If you dont know WoW lore, then yes, he may appear Bad Ass bad guy, but still hes not.

ALso WOrgen Druids? WTF Dude/Lady!

Draenie as Paladins? Now Uther wasnt the first Paladin. Draenie brouth a bad name to the Paladin class with their faling to the Old Horde. And WTF up with this Naru CRAP?? Blood Elf Paladins, I didnt like at first as a LOLLORE bender, but I come to understand them better as nothing more then a Mechanic, to repesent Spell Breakers that Stole Holy Magic.

But Still, Blood ELfs joing the Horde? WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That makes as much sense as Humans of the Alliance joing the Horde. And no I dont mean the Aurgent Dawn. Blood Elfs hate the Forsaken just as much as the Humans in the Alliance. Forsdaken hate them as well, for the same reason they hate HUmans and all life forms. Blood Elfs has hunted Forsaken for years.

And WTF up with the Blood Elfs hating on Uther? I couldnt except that LOLLORE crap there. Uther stood up to Death Knight Arthas. Which as we all know, is oficially a WC2 Death Knight, as in , he nothing more then a Puppet Body, of the Lich King, using his Past Melee and Defence knowlege taught to him. Other then That, Uther had no effect on the outcome of Death Knight Arthas. It could have been somebody else, and probaly could have done the same destruction.

I find it hard to believe the Blood Elfs would forget all the Honorable things Uther has done for them and the Alliance, while at the same time, they forget the reason they hate the Forsaken. ANd dont hand me the Sivanas crap of being a High Elf.

The High Elfs as you can see, Hate the Forsaken and the Horde. The High Elfs are with the ALliance still to this day. There are (lore wise) more High elfs in the Alliance then Gnomes.

Iall end Long rant here.

• AlysenMinaseAlysenMinase Member Posts: 361

I played WoW, which was my first MMO, for a year, and once I quit I tried FFXI and AO. Honestly, after playing those two games, I don't miss WoW at all. I'm kind of glad I quit it and got to try these other games. 

Playing - EVE, Wurm

Retired - Final Fantasy XI, Anarchy Online, Mabinogi

Waiting - ArcheAge, Salem

• wartywarlockwartywarlock Member Posts: 106

Yeah I usually do miss it, because I just love the PVE. I dont care really for any other pve game, just doesnt grab me. Right now I am back on wow after a 3 month break. Soaking up some gear while guildies prepare for ICC. I cant wait for ICC, the culmination of one of the best RTS games ever made. It is going to be EPIC

However I cycle between mmos somewhat frequently, I keep Darkfall subbed because its a great pvp game and play that rather than get bored pvping on my lock, and I really CBA to level another character. Maybe that is why its still pretty fresh for me, never tortured myself to get a 2nd 80 and regrind gear.

In a couple of month or so tho I will probably resub to PotBS, just before the xpac hits I guess. I'll play that for a couple of months until Ive shipped it up enough. If at that point I am not feeling WoW I may even give AoC another pop, who knows.

I have played WoW since day 1eu so I will be fair and say, that for a game to still be fun after all this time is just wonderful.

• KilmarKilmar Member UncommonPosts: 844

Not at all. All I liked about wow was the Warcraft story, but they destroyed it long ago. Now there is only this "if we need something, we put it in the story"-handling of the devs, awful...

• Demz2Demz2 Member Posts: 435
    Originally posted by Kilmar

Not at all. All I liked about wow was the Warcraft story, but they destroyed it long ago. Now there is only this "if we need something, we put it in the story"-handling of the devs, awful...

why do u post anything about wow, all u do is bash it nonstop.  Its an evolving story u idiot, and its not set in stone, if things were set in stone nothing would ever change.  if it never evolved , they would not be celebrating 15 years of warcraft this year, along with 5 years as the worlds top MMO this year.  So get a bloody grip, i doubt u even know anything of warcraft lore.

Originally posted by Demz2

why do u post anything about wow, all u do is bash it nonstop.  Its an evolving story u idiot, and its not set in stone, if things were set in stone nothing would ever change.  if it never evolved , they would not be celebrating 15 years of warcraft this year, along with 5 years as the worlds top MMO this year.  So get a bloody grip, i doubt u even know anything of warcraft lore.

Think what you want, but I think they destroyed WoW's story when they put Paris Hilton in game >.>

Playing - EVE, Wurm

• ThenariusThenarius Member Posts: 1,106
    Originally posted by AlysenMinase

Think what you want, but I think they destroyed WoW's story when they put Paris Hilton in game >.>

There were pop refrences in WC3 as well, you know...

• DerrosDerros Member UncommonPosts: 1,216

I actually went back to WoW about a month ago.  After 25 Aion just wasnt doing it for me, maybe it was the class I picked.  I do kinda miss Aion, but that's mainly because of the guild I was in.

Im enjoying it.

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011

Aww, I detect a hint of jealousy there. It's alright, my wife is the same way.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• Vulnero87Vulnero87 Member Posts: 182
    Originally posted by Palebane

O god......something tells me he actually thinks Paris Hilton looks good *barph*

Everyone has opinions, but does that make them the universal truth??? NO!

Originally posted by Palebane

Still doesn't change the fact WoW's immersive feeling is destroyed when you see Paris Hilton in game.  And no, I'm not jealous of Paris :P If your wife is, I'm sorry >.>

Playing - EVE, Wurm

• AmstrupAmstrup Member Posts: 63

Its called progressing.

Please stop posting.

• KilmarKilmar Member UncommonPosts: 844
    Originally posted by Amstrup

Its called progressing.

Please stop posting.

Its called raping the story, please you stop posting.

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

I miss playing with all of my online friends. I also enjoy following the story, that is why I sill keep tabs on the game. However, I don't miss the actual game itself.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

I get nostalgic sometimes for the good times I had with my raiding guild and I did enjoy leveling up my characters (well, after the 5th one it started to pale).

But the basic game design remains the same after all these years so no, I haven't gone back in 3 years now.

With the Cataclysm expansion I just might stop by just to see what they did with the old world, but I'm pretty sure I won't be sticking around very long if I do.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• nickster29nickster29 Member Posts: 486

Only thing I miss about WoW is the people I knew.  I was in a great raiding guild; consisting of a lot of older, more mature, people.  There was never a single instance of drama or arguing over loot.  Ever person in the guild probably was between the ages of 25-40+, majority over the age of 30.

I guess us older people prefer to stick together, stay away from those petulant teens who infest the game.

• googajoob7googajoob7 Member Posts: 866

now and again i get the urge to stop by again but then i remember what i want to go back to is not a game that really exists anymore . the way blizzard took the game really took out the fun factor and challenge . also all the old friends i had there quit and the community is now abundant with either kids or players that act like them . if blizzard ever implimented either advanced servers that offered a bit more challenge or ones that offered the option of the orginal game experiance again i would return . but they wont . if theres a cataclysm free trial or welcome back offer i ll try it out . but i would nt rush out an buy it . the game looks far too dated now as well .

• TrihfluTrihflu Member Posts: 97

Yes and no, I'll probably wait til Cataclysm before I think about renewing my account.

This statement is false.

• kittyvonkitakittyvonkita Member Posts: 75

i was a fan for about a year and a half.

no.

• nAAtimusnAAtimus Member Posts: 342

Not in the slightest.

I'm not here to complete my forum PVP dailies.

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398

Only thing i miss is my old guildmates.

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • HrothmundHrothmund Member Posts: 1,061
    Originally posted by Fusion

Only thing i miss is my old guildmates.

Ditto. I only miss my guildmates and the people I met through WoW and am no longer in contact with.

Also, I miss having an MMO to play.