Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Old FFXI player returning. Do people still play?

After the fall of Aion and bordom of WoW, I decidied to look up FFXI again.  Does anyone play this game anymore?  If so, which server is most populated and are there still people looking for groups after level 10 at that beach area, think it was called Dunes. 

Comments

• SatimasuSatimasu Member UncommonPosts: 900

Yes, plenty of people still play. Don't know about any other server, but Kujata is decent. If you happen to start there, let me know.

People go to other places than dunes and do other things. But people do party there too, as well as go to other places.

To be the best, you must help each other become the best.
    FFXI Character: Satimasu
    FFXI Server: Valefor
    FFXIV Character: Tamorae Fonteil

• LiquidfiedLiquidfied Member Posts: 27

So sqaure enix decided to make another area to level?  Heard people can just solo this game now.  Is that true?

• SilokSilok Member UncommonPosts: 732
    Originally posted by Liquidfied

So sqaure enix decided to make another area to level?  Heard people can just solo this game now.  Is that true?

Well some classes can solo but this take a lot of time, anyway with the lvl sync system its easier to find a party. Anyway glad you return and i hope you will have fun :)

Originally posted by Silok

Originally posted by Liquidfied

Well some classes can solo but this take a lot of time, anyway with the lvl sync system its easier to find a party. Anyway glad you return and i hope you will have fun :)

Yeah that level syn system.  Heard people were abusing that.  They get to a certain level, than have a level 75 to help them out.  The classes I know that can solo back than, was a beastmaster and bluemage.  Are there more now?  Also do you still need to do that mission to unlock other classes like palidan?

• DreathorDreathor Member Posts: 537

Anyone know what the population of EU servers is like?

What's the most populated?

I'd like to give it a go again

"If all you can say is... "It's awful, it's not innovative, it's ugly, it's blah.." Then you're an unimaginative and unpolished excuse for human life" -eburn

• spunkymonspunkymon Member Posts: 9

ima a ffxi player not a big fan of lvl sync tho i think it just creates alot of high lvl noobs who dont get to no the game and there jobs but forget about all that wb theres loads of ppl who still play ffxi isnt going anywhere no time soon its still a great game my name on the game is spunkymon and im on leviathan

spunkymon

• Spriggan05Spriggan05 Member Posts: 63

I'd like to know this to, I've got an old account that i logged into the other month and my server was dead in EU peak times.

So any info on this subject would be helpful so i can xfere server to a more populated EU server.

Current MMO: Nothing
    Waiting For: FireFall, GW2

• SilokSilok Member UncommonPosts: 732
    Originally posted by Dreathor

Anyone know what the population of EU servers is like?

What's the most populated?

I'd like to give it a go again

Seriously i dont think there is EU servers only.. As far as i know, no matter wich version of the game you got, you can acces any server.

For the population i cannot say sorry.

I thought all nation are sharing on the same server. 

• spunkymonspunkymon Member Posts: 9

on this one far as i no they do i heard that SE wasx going to looking into seperating nations on XIV depeneding on how the beta goes but we just one big family over here lol and u can server jump every 90 days but it will cost ya

spunkymon

• AngorimAngorim Member Posts: 466

Asura is one of the more populated servers, if not the most that isn't locked to making new characters like Odin and Bahamut.  I highly suggest startng there, never have much issue finding a party at varying times.

• DreathorDreathor Member Posts: 537

Hmm, OK then.

I'd seen a thread where someone was trying to download the US client to play on US servers or something like that (from europe), so I assumed US/EU played on different servers.

Thanks for the info, all of you.

"If all you can say is... "It's awful, it's not innovative, it's ugly, it's blah.." Then you're an unimaginative and unpolished excuse for human life" -eburn

Cool, I'll look into Asura.