Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ive been offered a job at ncsoftwest

2»

Comments

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985
    Originally posted by FanboiSpray

They are gonna change ur gender. U will join their army of korean hookers. FOR BETTER AION!!!

*crickets.

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• pojungpojung Member Posts: 810

If so, a heartfelt congrats! Being on the outside is often easier to critique things than being on the inside where checks and balances are in place.

If you're still browsing these forums after taking the job, and your job permits it, a suggestion might be to let us all in on how exactly the de-botting process works for this given company. Might help the community become more informed, and that's always a good thing.

Again, congrats, and best wishes!

That is exactly right, and we're not saying NO to save WoW, because it is already a lost cause. We are saying NO to dissuade the next group of greedy suits who decide to emulate Blizzard and Cryptic, etc.
    We can prevent some of the future games from spewing this crap, but the sooner we start saying no, the better the results will be.
    So - Stand up, pull up your pants, and walk away.
    - MMO_Doubter

• LynxJSALynxJSA Member RarePosts: 3,332
    Originally posted by miked9022

congratulations on the position and best of luck. do us proud.

^---Ditto. :) 

-- Whammy - a 64x64 miniRPG 
    RPG Quiz - can you get all 25 right? 
    FPS Quiz - how well do you know your shooters?  
  • MaGicBushMaGicBush Member UncommonPosts: 689

I am highly doubting this, sorry to burst people's bubbles. For one who would brag on a game forum, really? Checking this guy's post history he seems to brag quite a bit about random BS. Not to mention in a lot of his posts he seems very unprofessional(like this one), so if he somehow managed to "get a job" what exactly is your title called? To top it all off I see no mention in the news on Aion's site about new hires, or another "surveillance team."

Not sure what you wished to accomplish with this pointless thread lmao.

--------------------

-Currently playing FFXIV, and BDO.

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

No u are just a bunch of faggots sucking his dick. Get real... he didn't get any shitty job.

Dude if you are not perma banned for this I'll start a campaign to stop people from coming to MMORPG.com.

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627
    Originally posted by Furor

Will consider the  game security position at ncsoft this week
    if you thought 50k account was banned? Wait till i get the position im even harsher then the other ncsoft survillence unit.
    :)
    I promise that aion will be bot free.
    Just you wait to see how many bots i can ban in a month haha. They'd be running scared.I  promise i will kill bot accout with extreme prejudice haha. i will get paid pretty well too (which is always good.)

Congrats!  ^_^  Good luck!

• AzarealAzareal Member UncommonPosts: 163

Geez, the hate. Anyone who has a shot at getting a job to put food on the table and keep a roof over their family's head in this day and age should get some support.

Screw what everyone else says man, grats to the OP and whatever ideas you may have, just keep them to yourself and do what the boss says. Hell, I have no love for my boss but that paycheck is a damn good incentive for me to keep my head down and my mouth shut.

• Zorvan01Zorvan01 Member CommonPosts: 390

No u are just a bunch of faggots sucking his dick. Get real... he didn't get any shitty job.

And you're a whiny little pissant trying to sound tough behind a keyboard. Do us all a favor and perform a post-term abortion on yourself.  Have a nice day.

Edit: @OP: Congrats.

image]image

• TheHatterTheHatter Member Posts: 2,547

nvm

Lets just say, this thread brings the LOLs. Seriously. Such a gullible community sometimes.

• Anarchist420Anarchist420 Member Posts: 74
    Originally posted by TheHatter

nvm

Lets just say, this thread brings the LOLs. Seriously. Such a gullible community sometimes.

Yeah I had quite a few laughs myself...

• twiggy550twiggy550 Member UncommonPosts: 492
    Originally posted by TheHatter

nvm

Basically this. :/

LF Intelligence +100, WTB in bulk PST me.

"IRL is a pretty upstanding MMO with thousands of classes, a lot of PvP and even some pretty unique emotes and titles you can acquire. Explore that world first, then we'll talk about this virtual one."

• GidasGidas Member Posts: 68
    Originally posted by pojung
    If you're [...] your job permits it, a suggestion might be to let us all in on how exactly the de-botting process works for this given company. Might help the community become more informed, and that's always a good thing.

Ehm no? He shouldn't do that. You do know that bot developers read, right? That would be like giving them an account that can't be banned..

Good luck to the OP though. Have fun.

• cl0vercl0ver Member Posts: 122

ya guys,  its pretty obvious this is false.   I think its a private joke on the op's part.

• Leonidus0Leonidus0 Member Posts: 97
    No one gives a ____ about you, including your parents. Most people would agree that having a member of our MMO community get a job in tough economic times is something to be happy about.

I am going to start being a male prostitute as that's the only job I can do and enjoy in these times. Please be happy for me too.

• miked9022miked9022 Member UncommonPosts: 91
    Originally posted by Leonidus0

No one gives a ____ about you, including your parents. Most people would agree that having a member of our MMO community get a job in tough economic times is something to be happy about.

I am going to start being a male prostitute as that's the only job I can do and enjoy in these times. Please be happy for me too.

as long as you're making bank, i am happy for you =D

• FurorFuror Member Posts: 374

Updated: I am relocating :p

I am currently developing an exclusive proprietory program to combat various aion bots myself, i am pretty confident at my ability :p

Its my shot at working for the mmo industry with this opportunity and the pay is very attractive for this type of work.

• LynxJSALynxJSA Member RarePosts: 3,332

You hadn't mentioned what position this was.

-- Whammy - a 64x64 miniRPG 
    RPG Quiz - can you get all 25 right? 
    FPS Quiz - how well do you know your shooters?  
  • Vulnero87Vulnero87 Member Posts: 182

Does it really matter if he's lying or not?  There's no way you can find out if he is or isn't, so all we can do is wish him luck and move on with our lifes.

Everyone has opinions, but does that make them the universal truth??? NO!

• MalikyeMoonMalikyeMoon Member Posts: 25

Congrats on your new challenges.  Make us proud.

Good hunting,

Malikye
    Now Playing: WaW2
    Played: EQ - 5.5 yrs, WoW - 4.5 yrs, Diablo, Myth2,
    Tried: AoC (played it about 3 times that month), WAR (fun for a month), RoM (sorta, Aion (for 2 months), Allods (bored at lvl 13).
    Waiting for: DC Universe, Diablo 3
    Own: Atari 2600, NES, Game Boy, GBA SP, Dreamcast, PS2, Xbox, Modded Xbox, Wii, PS3, PSP, gaming PCs
    Sold like a dumb@$$: SNES
    Broke: PS1
    Melted in a fire: Turbograhpx 16 w/ a ton of games
    Gave Away to a child: Nintendo 64