Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Level 65 Already

leinad312leinad312 Member UncommonPosts: 319

So I logged in just now to test out the new horse system, about time they fixed that. Did a search of everyone over level 60. There was already a level 65 on the list, why did they even bother to increase the cap?

I'm pretty excited to check out mirkwood though (been on a 3-month hiatus), unfortunately wont be able to play tonight. End of quarter crunch time ; ;

Playing - FFXIV,  ESO
Played - FFXI, WoW, Lineage 2, Guild Wars, Aion, SWToR, LotRO, GW2, TERA, Rift, ArcheAge, TSW

Comments

• GPrestigeGPrestige Member UncommonPosts: 523

I wish they didn't increase the cap. I wish the expansion was horizontal and not vertical. Best expansion system = FFXI

-Computer specs no one cares about: check.

-MMOs played no one cares about: check.

-Xfire stats no one cares about: check.

-Signature no one cares about: check.

------------------------------------------------------------
    -Narcissism: check.

• SortisSortis Member UncommonPosts: 193

Well for those of us with a social life and jobs 60-65 will probably feel like a decent little walk. I'll take my time leveling as well as getting to see all of mirkwood seeing as how it was a huge place in Middle Earth Lore...especially for Bilbo. =)

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321

yep it will take me the better part of a month, but then I don't do a grind play style and have a real life. Several people had lvl 70's in WoW the same day as BC released, in EQ1 a team had a lvl 60 Froglok the same day the expansion released

I miss DAoC

• PapadamPapadam Member Posts: 2,102

I think some people probably completed alot of quests before the expansion but waited to hand them in untill the cap was raised. (or someone found an exploit)

I think the 5 level increase is pretty good, but its mostly made for the casual players. No they also will have an easier time in Watcher/DN at lvl 65.

If WoW = The Beatles
    and WAR = Led Zeppelin
    Then LotrO = Pink Floyd

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

"Freedom is just another name for nothing left to lose" - Janis Joplin

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615

Yay, people skipped 98% of the games content. Good for them if that's what they wanted to do, but, its not my thing.

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

• GaryMGaryM Member Posts: 244
    Originally posted by GPrestige

I wish they didn't increase the cap. I wish the expansion was horizontal and not vertical. Best expansion system = FFXI

I mostly agree, but I think 5 levels is a good compromise since it doesn't trivialize the previous end-game content. The lvl 60 instances are challenging enough that even at lvl 65 most people will have to play reasonably well, and those who found them too difficult will have a better chance now. The Watcher and DN will still be tough. And the barter tokens that drop from all of them can be used for things other than armor if you already have better gear. Along with the Skirmishes and the new DG cluster, there is a *TON* of end-game group content available now.

• ThradarThradar Member Posts: 949

I bet that person is already bitching about being bored.  LOL!

It will probably take me 6 months to hit 65.  Sorry, I don't live in mmos anymore, they are a mild entertaining distraction in my life now, nothing more.

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615
    Originally posted by Thradar

I bet that person is already bitching about being bored.  LOL!
    It will probably take me 6 months to hit 65.  Sorry, I don't live in mmos anymore, they are a mild entertaining distraction in my life now, nothing more.

With only 5 level in the increase, much of the "end game" content is still very viable, add in skirmishes, there is still a ton to do other than level, and like i said, the added levels really do not invalidate anything.

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607
    Originally posted by GPrestige

Seems to me, they did both.  As from level 30+, you now have a soldier to train through Skirmishes.