Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

External Backup HD

EkibiogamiEkibiogami Member UncommonPosts: 2,154

Ok my comp's raid just crashed again... Odd bug but its fixed so no biggie.

Biggie is I lots lots of info on it. Itunes beeing the main thing.

So can anyone suggest a good Usb Backup Hard drive with usefull software? Got Vista 64 atm and would like to make sure I dont have this problem again :)

Main drive is 300G.

Any personal Experience would be great :)

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude; greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
—Samuel Adams

Comments

• noquarternoquarter Member Posts: 1,170

Hm everyone I know with external hard drives has a WD Passport one and they seem great. I never use the software that comes on them though, always download my own tools so I don't know about that part.

Personally I broke up my RAID cuz it was more trouble than it's worth and my load times were actually slower on it because onboard RAID controllers are software implementations :(

• shepx22shepx22 Member Posts: 133

I got (2) 1 TB Western Digital External HDs. 

Never had a problem. There great and reliable. I take my one everywhere with me, even dropped it twice and had it kicked over once and its still hugging along error free.

• dfandfan Member Posts: 362

Get an UPS too if you want to backup your stuff. 

• EkibiogamiEkibiogami Member UncommonPosts: 2,154
    Originally posted by dfan

Get an UPS too if you want to backup your stuff. 

Got a good UPS. Wasent gana raid w/o one :)

and thanks for the info guys. ill look around for software. any tips?

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude; greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    —Samuel Adams