Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This girl should have played Chun-Li

purewitzpurewitz Member UncommonPosts: 489

She got the right look and the right outfit.  :D

When we get back from where we are going, we will return to where we were. I know people there!

Comments

• ZindaihasZindaihas Member UncommonPosts: 3,662

Yeah, she's hot.  Who's Chun-Li?

• purewitzpurewitz Member UncommonPosts: 489
    Originally posted by Zindaihas

Oh my! Don't tell me you have never heard of a little video game franchise called Street Fighter from Capcom. LOL, if you haven't. The franchise has been around since 1987. Chun-Li has been a playable character since Street Fighter 2.

When we get back from where we are going, we will return to where we were. I know people there!

• havok527havok527 Member Posts: 80

Kristin Kreuk was a good Chun-li

• NeikenNeiken Member Posts: 254
    Originally posted by havok527

Kristin Kreuk was a good Chun-li

Lies

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

I would say no. You can find any girl that looks like Chun Li, but you can't find one that looks, fight and moves like her and can really embrace her character. Cosplay people are not actors. This is why Angelea was the best Lara Croft.

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• ChrisMatternChrisMattern Member Posts: 1,478

Originally posted by Zindaihas

Sir, I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to turn in your gamer's memebership card.

• haelikothhaelikoth Member Posts: 116

dunno, she doesnt have that fire in her eyes that say im gonna kick ass. limbs are also too thin for someone who is supposed to be trained in martial arts.

• reimarureimaru Member Posts: 228

almost..but still not that close

there's still a better one to portray as Chun-Li

• AIMonsterAIMonster Member UncommonPosts: 2,059

No girl should have played Chun-Li because live action versions of Street Fighter should have never been made into a movie.  I don't understand why movie directors insist on using non-story oriented game IP for their movies.  The Street Fighter universe is littered with plotholes, retconning, and cheesy dialogue/storylines.  The game was never about story.

• reimarureimaru Member Posts: 228
    Originally posted by Magnum2103

No girl should have played Chun-Li because live action versions of Street Fighter should have never been made into a movie.  I don't understand why movie directors insist on using non-story oriented game IP for their movies.  The Street Fighter universe is littered with plotholes, retconning, and cheesy dialogue/storylines.  The game was never about story.

well we can all stick to cosplayers for now XD

• Jester47Jester47 Member Posts: 90

The only way to get a decent Chun-Li is to grab an Asian actress and inject steroids into her thighs while making her do leg presses, lifts and squats all day, every day.

I don't understand why movie directors insist on using non-story oriented game IP for their movies.

Because if they use story-oriented game IP, they have to use the game's story. This way, they get to make up their own story, and they like that better.

• AIMonsterAIMonster Member UncommonPosts: 2,059
    Originally posted by ChrisMattern

I don't understand why movie directors insist on using non-story oriented game IP for their movies.

Because if they use story-oriented game IP, they have to use the game's story. This way, they get to make up their own story, and they like that better.

With that logic, why bother using any IP anyway?  Why not make your own story?  (I also think there is plenty more room in most games lore - like Fable for instance - to build on a story than the IPs with little story)

They are just trying to cash in on the success of the franchise.  They don't care about making an interesting and compelling story (all movies that used game IP have been crap to mediocre at best).  The really sad part is they'd probably be more successful if they just used a story-oriented IP and targeted the movie as fan service.

Originally posted by ChrisMattern  

With that logic, why bother using any IP anyway?  Why not make your own story? 

Because then you get to pull in all the fans of the IP as a pre-sold audience.

• thyrenethyrene Member Posts: 50

she looks like chun-li so i vote yes! :)

61C9CA79-4E44-4ADC-948D-BDF8E60F846D
  • ChealarChealar Member Posts: 268

Originally posted by haelikoth
    dunno, she doesnt have that fire in her eyes that say im gonna kick ass. limbs are also too thin for someone who is supposed to be trained in martial arts.
    I agree for the Firey eyes thingy.

Regarding the limb/abs, it's not so much thinness that is strange, more like the lack of muscle definition.

In my experience, you can have "plump" people with actually a lot of muscle just hidden underneath the soft tissues and fat; it's rarer to have someone really thin and muscled without showing muscle definition, presicely because there isn't the additional layer to cover and hide the muscles.

I remember seeing Chun-Li in its very first incarnation, she had pretty (muscle-)heavy thighs!

Plus, apart form the eyes, the posture is all wrong, she is obviously posing in a model way, no like a fighter ready to give a demontration.