Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dear Fallen Earth...

avediasavedias Member Posts: 118

I had my doubts about you but it's true, I am addicted. Haven't felt so wrapped up in an MMO in a LONG time, I'm talking 6 yrs+. I love the player customization and am consumed with it. Thank you (I think).

Comments

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566
    Originally posted by avedias

I had my doubts about you but it's true, I am addicted. Haven't felt so wrapped up in an MMO in a LONG time, I'm talking 6 yrs+. I love the player customization and am consumed with it. Thank you (I think).

Nice man. Same here :)

Level 36 and counting, the game is still going very strong for me.

• ghoul31ghoul31 Member Posts: 1,955

Yea its fun at first. But there is no endgame, so it gets old pretty quick.

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398
    Originally posted by ghoul31

I've been at it for 2 months straight and im lvl30, i guess if you powerlevel to cap (which is also about to change pretty soon) you'll zoom trough skipping 95% of the content, but thats your choice.

"Social patch" knocking on the door very soon (group centered content patch)

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • Einstein-DFEinstein-DF Member Posts: 752
    Originally posted by Fusion

I've been at it for 2 months straight and im lvl30, i guess if you powerlevel to cap (which is also about to change pretty soon) you'll zoom trough skipping 95% of the content, but thats your choice.

No 

I suggest DF

Been here and never looked back

• Frostbite05Frostbite05 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,880
    Originally posted by Einstein-DF

No 

I suggest DF

Been here and never looked back

Fallen Earths better is most regards.

• avediasavedias Member Posts: 118

DF does not offer me a trial. I am still in FE trial and loving it, i am only lvl 5 though.

I have nothing against FE but when FE fanboy Fusion comes around the DF forums smelling fresh meat and trying to get his little grubby hands on it he needs to get dispatched back here, fast.

• TheHatterTheHatter Member Posts: 2,547

I have nothing against FE but when FE fanboy Fusion comes around the DF forums smelling fresh meat and trying to get his little grubby hands on it he needs to get dispatched back here, fast.

Yeah, well you make DF look bad, so I don't blame them. You are a pretty bad troll over in the DF forums here.

Personally, I want Fallen Earth with a DF PVP system, and a SWG crafting system with the ability to control areas like Darkfall, but I don't think DF has the control I'm talking about.

Originally posted by TheHatter

Yeah, well you make DF look bad, so I don't blame them. You are a pretty bad troll over in the DF forums here.

Personally, I want Fallen Earth with a DF PVP system, and a SWG crafting system with the ability to control areas like Darkfall, but I don't think DF has the control I'm talking about.

If I had been a troll I would be banned

I am not banned, obviously.

• TheHatterTheHatter Member Posts: 2,547

Originally posted by TheHatter

If I had been a troll I would be banned

I am not banned, obviously.

Not true. You just haven't been reported enough.

• cl0vercl0ver Member Posts: 122

I did want to try it and fall in love with it.   Every night I patch it.   Everyday I wake up and It needs another 4 hours of patching.

Back to Aion and better reviews of FE.   Ill buy the dvd one day.

• DarkholmeDarkholme Member UncommonPosts: 1,212
    Originally posted by cl0ver

I did want to try it and fall in love with it.   Every night I patch it.   Everyday I wake up and It needs another 4 hours of patching.
    Back to Aion and better reviews of FE.   Ill buy the dvd one day.

Turn off complete file checking? It shouldn't be taking 4 hours to patch every day... /facepalm

-------------------------
    "Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P.Lovecraft, "From Beyond"

Member Since March 2004

• DarbiiRueDarbiiRue Member UncommonPosts: 832

Let me put it this way. I am female & usually drawn to the whole fantasy-theme. However; this game has captivated me. If it wasn't for "SequenceLost" posting a few weeks back about The Escapist online magazine giving away trial codes I never would have tried or played it most likely (at least not for a very long time) but thanks to him I am thoroughly addicted. :)

• Einherjar_LCEinherjar_LC Member UncommonPosts: 1,055
    Originally posted by Splinki

Let me put it this way. I am female & usually drawn to the whole fantasy-theme. However; this game has captivated me. If it wasn't for "SequenceLost" posting a few weeks back about The Escapist online magazine giving away trial codes I never would have tried or played it most likely (at least not for a very long time) but thanks to him I am thoroughly addicted. :)

Same here Splinki although I will admit I was a bit interested in the game.

I probably wouldn't have picked it up were it not for the trial.

After that, I was hooked.

Einherjar_LC says: WTB the true successor to UO or Asheron's Call pst!

• drago_pldrago_pl Member Posts: 384

Originally posted by ghoul31 Yea its fun at first. But there is no endgame, so it gets old pretty quick.

Done all AP quests in S1 and S2, finishing AP quests in S3. I'm crafter and almost all branches maxed. Done faction wheel and got all mutation. I'm lvl 41 and about to finishing this game - all in month and a half of casual play.

Man, I heard there is 'Game Over' at level 45. But seriously, there is almost no end game at all. Just poorly designed PvP.

Originally posted by drago_pl

Done all AP quests in S1 and S2, finishing AP quests in S3. I'm crafter and almost all branches maxed. Done faction wheel and got all mutation. I'm lvl 41 and about to finishing this game - all in month and a half of casual play.

Man, I heard there is 'Game Over' at level 45. But seriously, there is almost no end game at all. Just poorly designed PvP.

Well, from what I'm reading and such on the official forums S4 & S5 are already complete. A lot of people are estimating that S4 will be implemented in Mid-Dec early-Jan. From what I've read on a few interviews and such with them, they have a lot of things that they'll be implementing over the next while, so I wouldn't shoot your prairie chickens quite yet, it'll get better. Plus with so many complaints about the PvP, they'll have to start working on that too.

• metalhead980metalhead980 Member Posts: 2,658

Dude!!! I'm sorry but I would love to hear what you consider casual play.

Sounds like your playing from 30-50 hours a week easy.

Casual play is playing  on the weekend only with maybe an hour here and there on the weekdays.

Im casual I play about 5-8 hours a week if im lucky. there is no way in hell you did all of that with my play schedule.

PLaying: EvE, Ryzom

Waiting For: Earthrise, Perpetuum

• DiSpLiFFDiSpLiFF Member UncommonPosts: 602

I thought the game was decent, i only played it for a month. For me personally I didn't see a point of playing a fps mmo when i could play a game like Call of duty modern warfare 2. When you compare non mmo fps vs these mmo fps, I just feel like the mmo fps gameplay/graphics are like 4 years behind. But at the same time I realize that you can't expect that high quality from an mmo. 

Put the combat of darkfall/fallen earth vs call of duty or oblivion no contest. 

Originally posted by metalhead980

Casual play is playing  on the weekend only with maybe an hour here and there on the weekdays.

Im casual I play about 5-8 hours a week if im lucky. there is no way in hell you did all of that with my play schedule.

Hell in a week I will play more then 30-50 hours and I've been playing near a month and I'm level 10. I've spent a lot of time doing other things then just AP questing and such. I do some crafting, I walk around and explore a lot. There's no reason to rush to 45 (which is what I feel he has done). It's nice to take your time and check things out. :)

But everyone plays differently.

• MichielMichiel Member UncommonPosts: 235

I've been playing for 5 weeks or so now, with an average of 6 hours a day. My toon is now level 25 with S1 AP done, most crafting branches around skill 100, but I still have ways to go. I play way more than a casual player and I still need 1 month or more to get to the level cap. So I'm guessing most bored people at the level cap have been rushing too hard, got burned out and bored, followed by them ending their sub.

So my advice: forget the idea that you need to rush to the level cap to enjoy the game. That idea has been shoved into your head by the MMO's of the last couple of years. Smack yourself on the head to get it out.

• KrisConwayKrisConway Member UncommonPosts: 10

To be honest, I wasn't interested in FE untill I spotted a trial giveaway. I knew a kid that loved the game and figured I ought to give it a shot, since the trial is...you know...free. Let me just say the moment I started the game, it felt weird. Haha. Really weird. But it was a comfortable weird. After adjusting - which only took a few days - I was in love with FE. The game doesn't make you feel as though you have to bum rush to the top. The lore and gameplay gives you a sense of calm. Which is rather ironic all things considered. But the fact remains, it feels laid back. You can, of course, take it by the reigns and ride as fast as possible...but I don't recommend it. Heh, it's kind of like life...you enjoy the journey, not the END GAME CONTENT! Haha. That isn't to say end game content wouldn't be appreciated~ I'm confident it'll show up eventually, the game's only a few months old. ^.^ Crafting is fun...pew pewing things is fun...oh my word the game is just fun. Now I haven't been able to come up with a good reason why I enjoy Fallen Earth, other than I do. >.< It's one of those games you have to try yourself to see if you'll like it. Though I do admit, I didn't buy it right after I tried it. The $50 price tag was too high in my opinion (I'm fully aware it's the norm and accept that fact). When Steam had their special $25 deal, it took me about an hour to decide. ^.^ The game isn't for everyone, but if you can snag a free trial, I say do it. Can't hurt~

• CerionCerion Member Posts: 1,005

Sorry, but there is nothing casual about what you've accomplished.  That is hardcore playing. 

As someone who IS a causal player,  in game 5 - 10 hours a week, I have two characters at 12lvl after a MONTH of play.  I have 20 to 30 bonus AP on each character. I craft all of my own gear and gather my own resources, and hardly ever buy anything.

Games I'm watching: Infinity: The Quest for Earth, Force of Arms.

Find the Truth: http://www.factcheck.org/

• CerionCerion Member Posts: 1,005
    Originally posted by Splinki

Originally posted by metalhead980

Hell in a week I will play more then 30-50 hours and I've been playing near a month and I'm level 10. I've spent a lot of time doing other things then just AP questing and such. I do some crafting, I walk around and explore a lot. There's no reason to rush to 45 (which is what I feel he has done). It's nice to take your time and check things out. :)

But everyone plays differently.

Yep...that's my playstyle as well -- though less hours ;)

I don't have a problem with players rushing to cap if that's their thing. To each their own.  But it's those players who then bitch about being at cap and think that there's something wrong with the game that bother me. What they fail to realize is that they are the one with the issue, the problem, not the game.

Games I'm watching: Infinity: The Quest for Earth, Force of Arms.

Find the Truth: http://www.factcheck.org/