Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blizzard Account Security

YuberekYuberek Member Posts: 205

Anybody had problems with Blizz authenticator? 

Comments

• lisubablisubab Member Posts: 670
    Originally posted by Yuberek

No, friends using it says its working well.  Be specific, what problems are you talking about?

• YuberekYuberek Member Posts: 205
    Originally posted by lisubab

No, friends using it says its working well.  Be specific, what problems are you talking about?

When I enter the code sometimes it does not work. I have to wait for a new one.

• libranimlibranim Member Posts: 139

If the authenticator was added to your account without you actually purchasing it... You got hacked.

um, I don't have the e-mail here but if you goto the wow forums and look at customer support there should be a stickied thread on the issue of compromised accounts.

edit: lol f*** me, I assumed too early.

Contact blizz, through phone or e-mail... People usually don't have the miracle answer.

My friend use one, he sometimes use it when staying overnight in my place and plays on my PC.

Never heard of such an issue.  You might want to follow up with Blizz or put up a thread in WoW forum.  There is a forum for technical problems, and they have GMs replying to each thread.  If it really is an issue with the authenticator, no one in this forum can help you apart from some random comforting words.

• BerikaiBerikai Member Posts: 162

This has happened to me a couple times and I just wait a few seconds and get a new code.I think sometimes the code changes before you get it typed in and hit enter.It's only happened to me twice in about 6 month's time.

Originally posted by Berikai

This has happened to me a couple times and I just wait a few seconds and get a new code.I think sometimes the code changes before you get it typed in and hit enter.It's only happened to me twice in about 6 month's time.

Oh you mean it timed out?  Interesting idea.

• BerikaiBerikai Member Posts: 162

Originally posted by Berikai

Oh you mean it timed out?  Interesting idea.

Yea,from what I understand a new code is generated every so many seconds.Let's say every 20 seconds.

If you use authenticater at say 19 seconds and it takes 2-3 seconds to input and hit enter,a new number would've already generated at Blizzards end.This is the only answer I can think of as it doesn't happen often,but when it does the authenticater always shows a new number when you use it after a failed attempt.

• greymanngreymann Member Posts: 757

I haven't had my account active since this summer.  I get an email today from blizz saying I'm suspended for exploiting the game and selling or buying game property for real money.  I try to log in and it asks for authentication code when I never even added that service, or is this just blizzard blocking my account?  This doesn't look good but why would someone hack a dead account anyway?  Good thing I didn't have plans to play again.