Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hefty requirements?

halldorrhalldorr Member UncommonPosts: 105

I've been checking out the requirements as I'm pretty interested in this game. I'm a long time UO player and now fairly long time CoH player. I loved the fantasy aspects of UO and the skills and I love the fast pace of CoH but miss skills :)

EQ2 looks wonderful but I am a tad worried about the requirements. While it looks as though I fit in them I'm borderline. Am wondering if anyone else has played with a lower end system and how they have found the game

AMD 1.4 Athlon CPU
1GB DDR Ram
ATI Radeon 9600 128MB
80GB HD

I guess my biggest worry currently is the processor :) I've had a GB of ram for a fairly long time and have managed to avoid upgrading the CPU in almost three years now :)

Comments

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

Keep the setting on balanced(medium setting),remove shadows and flora(heck flora just a hinderance when you are trying to find those rare collectables anyhow LOL) and you should run lag free unless you are on 56k modem.

You will load slow(like 30-60 secs) when zoning but thats about it.

• halldorrhalldorr Member UncommonPosts: 105

Well I think I can live with load times...I have patience :) Thanks for the reply as well...I may join the EQ2 world soon!

• PashoPasho Member Posts: 85

I am not sure, but check first the specs for the video card...i think i saw something going wrong with that particular card (the one 8 u have)...causing severe lag. image

Dont know if they fixed it or not. Check first.

Pasho.

• DerfelCadarnDerfelCadarn Member Posts: 875

I really wouldnt worry about the CPU much. The requirement is a 1ghz P3 not a AMD cpu. Although yours is 1.4ghz it probaly works at about a 2.0 ghz+ intel cpu.

• HashmanHashman Member Posts: 649

I have an almost identical set up to you except I have an AMD 3000+, the 1GB ram should help and you get a roomy HDD, most people do anyway now, heck I saw a 250GB HD for sale the other day for £100.

There is a thread on the official forums that goes into tweaking and as another poster has said keep it on balance as anything above that really needs a graphics card that hasnt even been designed yet. EG graphics card with 1GB vram.