Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dominion trailer is awesome

cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228

www.youtube.com/watch

epic trailer

BestSigEver :P

Comments

• KithcaKithca Member Posts: 118

There's nothing like a CCP ad for EvE to make me desperately miss the game.  It's enough to make me want to resub my accounts.

• batolemaeusbatolemaeus Member CommonPosts: 2,061

Evil Russians are evil.

• metalhead980metalhead980 Member Posts: 2,658

God damn you CCP!!!!

"When I thought I was out, They pull me back in!!!!"

PLaying: EvE, Ryzom

Waiting For: Earthrise, Perpetuum

• EttirxaEttirxa Member Posts: 93

i love the different accents, really shows how international the playerbase of EVE is.

• tvalentinetvalentine Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,216

lol cant say how many times the corp i'm in go up against other russian fleets. This video kinda reminds me that i'm playing with people half way across the world. I love technology.

Playing: EVE Online
    Favorite MMOs: WoW, SWG Pre-cu, Lineage 2, UO, EQ, EVE online
    Looking forward to: Archeage, Kingdom Under Fire 2
    KUF2's Official Website - http://www.kufii.com/ENG/ -

• apollo99apollo99 Member Posts: 55

Freaking awesome trailer CCP! My favourite so far by far, need MOAR! =D

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985

Ahhhhhh!

I wish CCP would just leave me alone for awhile.

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• LynxJSALynxJSA Member RarePosts: 3,332
    Originally posted by Kithca

There's nothing like a CCP ad for EvE to make me desperately miss the game.  It's enough to make me want to resub my accounts.

You know you want to.

-- Whammy - a 64x64 miniRPG 
    RPG Quiz - can you get all 25 right? 
    FPS Quiz - how well do you know your shooters?  
  • metalhead980metalhead980 Member Posts: 2,658
    Originally posted by Cecropia

Ahhhhhh!
    I wish CCP would just leave me alone for awhile.

Seriously! it's as if CCP believes they have the only MMO on the market!

How dare they release three god damn expansions this year!

That has to be a freaking record man!

/resubs to Eve

PLaying: EvE, Ryzom

Waiting For: Earthrise, Perpetuum

• XennithXennith Member Posts: 1,244

i enjoyed that, good trailer.

• HYPERI0NHYPERI0N Member Posts: 3,515

First i will say that i am aware that these videos are 'doctored' a bit to make it more dramatic [such as camera tools to get the perfect angle], I will also say that despite this EvE the real EvE is very close to this and in this video where you see the fleet organisation between the rival alliances is pretty much how it is ingame. Also graphically its pretty accurate too.

I really love EvE and i have been playing since 2 months after origonal retail [i walked into my local store looking for a cheap game and happened to see EvE in a bargain bin] so i know a lot abou EvE and i have always found there videos to be really cool.

Another great example of Moore's Law. Give people access to that much space (developers and users alike) and they'll find uses for it that you can never imagine. "640K ought to be enough for anybody" - Bill Gates 1981

• DagerNexusDagerNexus Member Posts: 4

I loved the trailer as well. The problem was when I tried to show its awesomeness to my wife, what was actually happening flew over her head. She has no experience in Eve Online. So I had to explain the clip bit by bit. Like why the defenders of the outpost ran away and who the heck was the Russian fleet.

So here is a quick rundown of what I think I saw happening. It took me a few views to understand it myself.

An outpost had been attacked. Minimal defenders and reppers were there repairing the station while their reinforcements were enroute. Before the reinforcements could arrive, a fleet made up of entirely Ammar vessels pop in and proceed to reek havoc on the outpost and defenders. the defender titan goes down and the rest run away to join up with the reinforcements. While the ammar dreads are pulverizing the outpost, their support crafts (BS and below) chase after the defenders. They encounter the remenants and their reinforcements and another battle ensues. Meanwhile a Russian recon reports on the battle, and the Russian fleet fly in with two titans and proceeed to destroy the outpost.

I think thats all what happened, am I missing any events in that?

She asked after watching it about 3 times if that was close to what happens in Eve. I told her that was as hectic as that storyline appeared to be.

• RavingRabbidRavingRabbid Member UncommonPosts: 1,168

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH raises plunger in salute to CCP!!!!!!

Now give me my WOD dammit!

All my opinions are just that..opinions. If you like my opinions..coolness.If you dont like my opinion....I really dont care.
    Playing: ESO, WOT, Smite, and Marvel Heroes

• OldBikerOldBiker Member Posts: 75

That trailer was great.  My Fallen Earth sub expired a few weeks ago and my WoW sub is expiring soon.  Time to dust off my character that has been sitting in a +5 clone and sub'ing with plexes for the last six months. :)