Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How did you "blue"?

miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

I have a question to all those who are out there who live in null sec and made friends to allow you to live in the area.

I come from a small alliance, about 90 ish players who are extremely excited to moving into null. We have been living in a wormhole for over 2 months, making t3s, mining, etc....we love null sec and the dangers and excitement it brings. With the upcoming Dominion we really want to get into null sec and the life within...unfortunately, we arent friends with alot of the powerblocs, and we arent a super uber pvp group.

Now not trying to drum up sympathy, far be it, we are self sufficient, hard working and work for every penny we have, and we love it. But we hit a roadblock. I have friends, lower level people, in such powerblocs as atlas, goonswarm, pl, but all of these people dont have the pull to allow us to really get a friendly status to join in on the fun in low. Powerblocs are very closed people, rightfully so, since there are multitudes of enemies out there trying to get in and "beat" the other group.

What we are looking for is to join in on some fun, shoot some other people in fleet engagements, and maybe claim a system or two to call home, and not asking for anything other than to fight, and die along side a larger well established group. Now, i have heard "Well if you hang out with these groups, and make friends, you can get blue status with them". Problem is if you enter their space, being a neutral, well you dont last long, much less fight with them.

So what is your advice for getting "blue"? Can't just randomly send a ceo or director a message saying "Hey bud, wanna hang? " :)

Comments

• NasirJNasirJ Member UncommonPosts: 164

Send me a PM here. Or in game contact my ALT Nasir Jones. You may be able to help me and I help you in the process.

• qazymanqazyman Member Posts: 1,785

You need a person suited to be a Diplomat first. You also have to understand that what you are doing is dangerous and that you will have to give up something to join a larger group. I have found that a WH is perfect for this TBH. I am always amazed at how easy it is to just talk to people after you just popped out of a WH. The only real problem is they don't open up to null sec everyday.

People in EVE are always guarded, but if they know you can't get them and they can't get you, may will open up. The only other way is through combat in my experience, but that doesn't really sound like an option.

If you have someone that's good with talking they need to find someone that will make an introduction. Just keep in mind that this is much more risky for you than them.

Another option is to look at the corps that are in certain Alliances and enter there chat and just BS with them. At the right time ask if they have a diplomat.

Still, IMO this is all dangerous and you will have to be prepared to compromise.

Hope this helps. Maybe someone here could help more but my corp is pretty set on low sec piracy and production. Alliance is a bad word to my CEO.  : P

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156
    Originally posted by qazyman

You need a person suited to be a Diplomat first. You also have to understand that what you are doing is dangerous and that you will have to give up something to join a larger group. I have found that a WH is perfect for this TBH. I am always amazed at how easy it is to just talk to people after you just popped out of a WH. The only real problem is they don't open up to null sec everyday.
    People in EVE are always guarded, but if they know you can't get them and they can't get you, may will open up. The only other way is through combat in my experience, but that doesn't really sound like an option.
    If you have someone that's good with talking they need to find someone that will make an introduction. Just keep in mind that this is much more risky for you than them.
    Another option is to look at the corps that are in certain Alliances and enter there chat and just BS with them. At the right time ask if they have a diplomat.
    Still, IMO this is all dangerous and you will have to be prepared to compromise.
    Hope this helps. Maybe someone here could help more but my corp is pretty set on low sec piracy and production. Alliance is a bad word to my CEO.  : P

i am the diplomat for my corp, which is the largest within the alliance, since i have friends in many alliances, have lead guilds in many games (always with the purge name, born in 2003 we been going strong for years), and am also a director. And what you say is 100% truth, i have made contact with a few, but like you said, they are very guarded and rightfully so. We used to hang out with AAA in back when we were part of another alliance, but we went off on our own, and it has been a challenge for us to get back to null. And like you said, it is dangerous for us just to talk to others, for many reasons you explained. I am friends with a couple of corps in the alliances mentioned in my original post, but like i said, they dont have the pull to really help me out, or my alliance.

Like i said, we work our asses off, so for us to work our way into null isnt a big deal, and appreciate the pointers :)

• batolemaeusbatolemaeus Member CommonPosts: 2,061

Alliances are usually rather sceptical towards small groups of neutrals. Your best chances would be either in Providence, making a name for yourself there, or in npc 0.0. The barrier of entry to npc 0.0 is considerably lower, however you can't "claim" systems there.

Talking to some of the established alliances isn't bad either. Large alliances will probably turn you down, however, most diplomats could probably point you towards alliances who might be interested.

Then of course there's renting..i wouldn't recommend doing that though. Starting as a renter guarantees that you will stay a renter.

Originally posted by batolemaeus

Alliances are usually rather sceptical towards small groups of neutrals. Your best chances would be either in Providence, making a name for yourself there, or in npc 0.0. The barrier of entry to npc 0.0 is considerably lower, however you can't "claim" systems there.
    Talking to some of the established alliances isn't bad either. Large alliances will probably turn you down, however, most diplomats could probably point you towards alliances who might be interested.
    Then of course there's renting..i wouldn't recommend doing that though. Starting as a renter guarantees that you will stay a renter.

yup, renting, i found it, is the pariah of eve, you never want to be considered one

And CVA has us as red since we used to hang out with AAA :)

So what? That's what diplos are for. When i was still kos to cva but wanted back to providence, it took me some roleplaying and a friendly chat to get back to neutral status. Standings aren't permanent.

Originally posted by batolemaeus

So what? That's what diplos are for. When i was still kos to cva but wanted back to providence, it took me some roleplaying and a friendly chat to get back to neutral status. Standings aren't permanent.

good to know...thanks :)

Admittedly, that was when Aralis was still head diplo. I have no idea how CVA works nowadays, i haven't been there for nearly two years.

• RevthoughtRevthought Member Posts: 120

All I have to say to you is this: if one of these people is offering you "blue" status to goons for isk, don't be stupid. They'll take your money, try to take your stuff and then shoot you in the face.

:P

• howardbhowardb Member Posts: 286

If you want to get NAP'ed by your neighbours don't sit next door to the big alliances. They won't NAP a small insignificant alliance anyway. Find a quiet little area not too rich in resources and with locals which are mediocre at best at PvP'ing. Preferably a station system so you don't have to spam POS'es they can knock down as quick as you can put them up. If you persist for a while they might NAP you so their carebears can go back to making money.

If you're not that experienced in PvP I recommend living in low-sec for a while, while you build up experience by taking daily roams into 0.0. You might gain blue status by killing their carebears but not by being a cheap distraction by your neighbours PvP pilots.

If you play your cards right you will have a presence in most of the best cash-making systems of your neighbours. Sitting cloaked in a recon works wonders to local activity and if they disregard you, go and gank them. After a week or two they'll be happy to grant you blue status when you present the offer :D

• XennithXennith Member Posts: 1,244

nullsec alliances need one group of people, pvpers. good pvpers.

why not move into an area like npc 0.0 and go cause some havok, prove yourselves to be willing fighters who dont talk a lot of smack, build a reputation and a killboard history and then make approaches to neighbouring alliances, even those you've been shooting and discuss standings and some sov. no alliance worth its salt will set a random alliance blue just for the sake of having more blues.

or you could rent or join one of the ... less able groups who are desperate for more numbers.

thanks everyone. We'll just wait and see what transpires over the coming weeks :)