Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

XP from quests - real numbers inside

glofishglofish Member UncommonPosts: 346

I got motivated to track down just how much XP can you get from quest XP alone. So I wrote a small parser that extracts this information from a webpage (100 quests at at a time) that was saved from aion armory. Code here (python, beautiful soup)

Here is the information that it produces for  me for levels 20 to 24 and levels 25-30 (remeber these XP values do not include the XP you get from killing the mobs themselves, and that is usually larger than the quest XP). I was also unable to find a resource that lists the actual XP needed to level between these limits. And now  here are the numbers:

--- one page for quests that can be accepted between levels 20 to 24 ---

Processing elyos-20-24.htm

Number of quests found 87

Sum XP of all quests 4388000

========================================

Total XP from all quests 4,388,000

---------- two pages for quests that can be accepted between levels 25 to 30 ----------

Processing elyos-25-30-page1.htm

Number of quests found 100

Sum XP of all quests 15161652

Processing elyos-25-30-page2.htm

Sum XP of all quests 10564030

Total XP from all quests 25,725,682

Enjoy! Find me the XP to level from a reliable source and the question of quest vs grind will be solved once and for all.

Comments

• glofishglofish Member UncommonPosts: 346

And two more while I am at it:

Levels 30 to 40

Processing elyos-30-40-page1.htm

Sum XP of all quests 46108560

Processing elyos-30-40-page2.htm

Sum XP of all quests 36328599

Processing elyos-30-40-page3.htm

Sum XP of all quests 47408900

Processing elyos-30-40-page4.htm

Number of quests found 40

Sum XP of all quests 23785700

Total XP from all quests 153,631,759

-----------------------------

Levels 41 to 50

Processing elyos-41-50-page1.htm

Sum XP of all quests 152507630

Processing elyos-41-50-page2.htm

Sum XP of all quests 116818675

Total XP from all quests 269,326,305

• DraftbeerDraftbeer Member UncommonPosts: 517

And the req xp to reach lv 50 is like 800kk?^^

Originally posted by Draftbeer

1. 800kk?^^  is not an actual  number

2. to get the total XP to reach 50 you would need to also add up all the XP for all quests

3. get me a real number and I will take you seriously

4. you need also to remember that doing the quests themselves net at least as much XP as the quest itself (probably more).

• CammyCammy Member Posts: 864

This also don't even take into account the XP you get from KILLING the mobs while doing the quests.

This just straight "how much XP the quest gives"

You get much more from killing the mobs as well (unless like I said in another post your an assassin and you sneak in for your objective and then sneak out). If you do this - then ya... you may find it hard finding quests at your level.

• DraftbeerDraftbeer Member UncommonPosts: 517
    Originally posted by glofish

Originally posted by Draftbeer

1. 800kk?^^  is not an actual  number

2. to get the total XP to reach 50 you would need to also add up all the XP for all quests

3. get me a real number and I will take you seriously

4. you need also to remember that doing the quests themselves net at least as much XP as the quest itself (probably more).

Never sad it's an actual number. Just guessing, how much it can be?^^

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

Also you need to take note that aionsource and most other sites are not complete and you must include if the quest deals with killing a mob or obtaining an item for a mob that is more exp.

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• NoobkilarNoobkilar Member Posts: 175

41 to 42 was 49m ,42 to 43 is like em I think 56 or 59 mil. It's a very grindfest game to say the least. Not so much bad just BORING kill this, run there 50 times and come back oh then go there. Some hard-core people hit 50 fast. But the ave. person who WORKS and does not pay for people to lvl them or has a lazy brother to do it while at work iis about a lvl every few days up til 40 then around a week or so per lvl.

If you have on life, girlfriend/boyfriend you prolly have on issue hitting 50 fairly fast maybe a month or so. If you can get past the bots farming most 10-45 quest mobs . But most got pissed and just grinded it out. Sadly my server lacks templars/healers bad and I think 95% are emo little whiners who had father lvl the char for them.

On a good note, effects are cool and flight is a bit refreshing to see a change from the run/mount idea. Other than that it's just a cookie cutter.

Bad notes I won't even bother to post in this poor guys thread I hijacked.

• PelaajaPelaaja Member Posts: 697
    Originally posted by Noobkilar

41 to 42 was 49m ,42 to 43 is like em I think 56 or 59 mil. It's a very grindfest game to say the least. Not so much bad just BORING kill this, run there 50 times and come back oh then go there. Some hard-core people hit 50 fast. But the ave. person who WORKS and does not pay for people to lvl them or has a lazy brother to do it while at work iis about a lvl every few days up til 40 then around a week or so per lvl.
     If you have on life, girlfriend/boyfriend you prolly have on issue hitting 50 fairly fast maybe a month or so. If you can get past the bots farming most 10-45 quest mobs . But most got pissed and just grinded it out. Sadly my server lacks templars/healers bad and I think 95% are emo little whiners who had father lvl the char for them.

On a good note, effects are cool and flight is a bit refreshing to see a change from the run/mount idea. Other than that it's just a cookie cutter.

Nope, it isnt'. This is. And there is no quests :P

And still some play Dofus... (to the challenged, it has over 450k subscribers).

To OP:

I respect your work on this quest/grind/exp/level matter, but couldn't we just say you can't level to cap in a month or by quests only?

There's some benefits in it, WoW-players are less prone to come into the game and we will have higher quality community.

• SholShol Member Posts: 361
    Originally posted by Pelaaja

Originally posted by Noobkilar

Nope, it isnt'. This is. And there is no quests :P

And still some play Dofus... (to the challenged, it has over 450k subscribers).

To OP:

I respect your work on this quest/grind/exp/level matter, but couldn't we just say you can't level to cap in a month or by quests only?

There's some benefits in it, WoW-players are less prone to come into the game and we will have higher quality community.

I agree. Im getting tired of such threads which remind me on Zorndorfs magic xfire numbers but just kinda from the opposite side.

If you play WoW youll find Aion grindy and the quest seem to give too low xp rewards. If youre coming from EQ/EQ2(early)-type games its no big difference at all. If you played a f2p cashshop-asia grinder before youll laugh about "the grind".

In the end the game is worth buying to check it out. If it isnt your taste just cancel the sub.

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

Yeah keeping on posting such threads will continue to bring haters/trolls here.

Before the vision update this section cooled down a lot and maybe only 1-2 threads in a whole day poped up but now people keep on "fighting" the bashers but we know that they will still continue so why keep on making threads? let this section go in piece.

• NoobkilarNoobkilar Member Posts: 175

Never played wow, never will.....And you CAN get to 50 in or before a month if you never sleep like I say 24/7 botting or have a lot of coffee. I think NA had 2 to 50 in a few weeks. It's not the point, Quests take time not all are there to see either alot are chains, or in hidden places/require groups with some odd ars needs to complete. SO adding "all quests" up even the silly ones is really not a accurate base. Because some of them require some real expensive or silly items.

IE:. to do all quests you need X amount of gathering skills = time consuming, You need aether gathering for some, crafting all of which takes alot of work to get to the lvl needed.

Aion at high lvls due to cookie cutter elite mobs after elites only few classes can solo elites effectively. Thus you cannot assume just because you are a templar you can do Say "striking the elites" solo.

(crickets)

• tanoriltanoril Member Posts: 432

He is the opposite of a troll.  A cheerleader who must go out of his way to fluff the game up.  It's the same type of person that was on these forums 3 months ago claiming this game was all that and a bag a chips, a so called 'WoW Killer', going to take the west by storm, etc, etc, etc.

Meanwhile, there are some stores in this country (USA) that are giving boxes of Aion away at $15 because they are not moving in sales anymore. 

• gorticgortic Member UncommonPosts: 115
    Originally posted by tanoril

He is the opposite of a troll.  A cheerleader who must go out of his way to fluff the game up.  It's the same type of person that was on these forums 3 months ago claiming this game was all that and a bag a chips, a so called 'WoW Killer', going to take the west by storm, etc, etc, etc.
    Meanwhile, there are some stores in this country (USA) that are giving boxes of Aion away at $15 because they are not moving in sales anymore. 

So, what stores would that be, just curious.... ?

Originally posted by tanoril

And you are a terrible troll posing the same crap on every post too - so ... whats your point? Not to mention, most of your posts say the same things "Aion is a grind fest" "Aion sucks", etc...

Umm.. you DO realize that most of the subs from Aion come from online.... right? This was argued before in another thread. I bought mine online, as did my GF, as did 90% of my guild... because a store don't sell box copies means absolutely nothing.

• knite16knite16 Member UncommonPosts: 20

I'm very sure Armory has some duplicate entries but there are also repeatable quests that you can do as many as 15 times for 1.5million each compleation after the 1.5.1 patch.

There are lots of quests, but many get looked over because their prerequisite quests look worthless.  Often times, even at level 40, you'll get a mediochre quest for not very good xp, but compleating it opens a quest worth much more.  People often pass the first by thinking it's not worth it and thus they make up for those with grind.

Also, OP didn't take mobs into consideration.  This is just quest XP and doesn't include the XP from killing things to finish the quest or instance, which adds up fast.

That said, there are definitely some "slow" levels in Aion and some that breeze by, even after 40.  38 and 39 are pretty rough going, but 40 and 41 go by pretty quick.  I think people are just getting hung up on these rough patches and not being patient with the whole picture.

Knite - Administrator, AionSource.com

Originally posted by knite16

I'm very sure Armory has some duplicate entries but there are also repeatable quests that you can do as many as 15 times for 1.5million each compleation after the 1.5.1 patch.
    There are lots of quests, but many get looked over because their prerequisite quests look worthless.  Often times, even at level 40, you'll get a mediochre quest for not very good xp, but compleating it opens a quest worth much more.  People often pass the first by thinking it's not worth it and thus they make up for those with grind.
    Also, OP didn't take mobs into consideration.  This is just quest XP and doesn't include the XP from killing things to finish the quest or instance, which adds up fast.
    That said, there are definitely some "slow" levels in Aion and some that breeze by, even after 40.  38 and 39 are pretty rough going, but 40 and 41 go by pretty quick.  I think people are just getting hung up on these rough patches and not being patient with the whole picture.

Talking sense like this on THESE particular forums will result in a lot of trolling/name calling....

You have been fore-warned.... (great post btw - I agree completely)

Edit: Pff they flame me anyways.... no point holding back now ;)