Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Price for client

Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

I was wondering if they would be changing their prices for north america because as of right now it costs $65 canadian to buy the digital version, i did search up why the price was so high but got no answers. So yeh is the high price intentional or are they working something out? Sorry if it was stated already, i missed it.

Comments

• Einstein-DFEinstein-DF Member Posts: 752

They need the money, and they wont lower it anytime soon IMO

One of the main reasons I didnt get the beta (besides that its not finished by far)

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

it is overpriced for everyone pretty much..they want as much money as they can get.

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188

I paid for the box back earlier in summer came to $86.10 Canadian on C Card. Price was something like $75 USD and then converted to with whatever the exchange rates was then.

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

Ah i see, so it was intentional. Just wanted to make sure my friend doesn't buy the game for more than needed. Thanks alot for the info guys!

• KingKioKingKio Member Posts: 27
    Originally posted by Gabby-air

Ah i see, so it was intentional. Just wanted to make sure my friend doesn't buy the game for more than needed. Thanks alot for the info guys!

Hey, Starvault is currently a small company, and to make matters worse, they are situated in Sweden, which has one of the highest tax rates in Europe at around 25%. They are also making no profit on selling the boxed editions ( due to low production numbers eg, the less you order the dearer it is, The high taz rate, admin and shipping costs and Ecommerce costs - Globalcollect).

And remember, 'pre-ordering' a game always costs more than buying it at release, although for the indie game like Mortal online, the price may stay the same.

But look on the bright side, when they release they will have an influx of money to recruit new developers and staff, then followed by the monthly subscriptions the game will just get better and better. Everyone just has to have faith.

Kio.

• LiquidWolfLiquidWolf Member CommonPosts: 516

I would never promote buying a game if you can't afford it.

From what i've read of the OP, I recommend you wait and see how things go.

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440
    Originally posted by LiquidWolf

I would never promote buying a game if you can't afford it.
    From what i've read of the OP, I recommend you wait and see how things go.

Yeh ive decided to wait atleast 6 months after release to buy the game, in my opinion would be a much better experience for me, but um yeah i was just confirming the price for my friend.

• SignusMSignusM Member Posts: 2,225
    Originally posted by KingKio

Hey, Starvault is currently a small company, and to make matters worse, they are situated in Sweden, which has one of the highest tax rates in Europe at around 25%. They are also making no profit on selling the boxed editions ( due to low production numbers eg, the less you order the dearer it is, The high taz rate, admin and shipping costs and Ecommerce costs - Globalcollect).

And remember, 'pre-ordering' a game always costs more than buying it at release, although for the indie game like Mortal online, the price may stay the same.

But look on the bright side, when they release they will have an influx of money to recruit new developers and staff, then followed by the monthly subscriptions the game will just get better and better. Everyone just has to have faith.

Basically their game is broken, isn't coming out any time soon, but they'll allow you the privalege to beta test so long as you pay almost enough money for 2 new games. (they are pulling a Funcom)

But hopefully, with the amount of money they are getting, they can at least finish a basic form of their game, I'd like to see it on shelves one day/

Originally posted by SignusM

Basically their game is broken, isn't coming out any time soon, but they'll allow you the privalege to beta test so long as you pay almost enough money for 2 new games. (they are pulling a Funcom)

But hopefully, with the amount of money they are getting, they can at least finish a basic form of their game, I'd like to see it on shelves one day/

their game is broken? it's beta thats what its for, to fix bugs.

isnt comingo ut anytime soon? its comingo ut at the end of december.

2 new games for £45? new games dont release for £22.50 each..

That is what they are promising us, and it is what they are going to do. Expect to see Mortal Online before next year.

Kio.

That is what they are promising us, and it is what they are going to do. Expect to see Mortal Online before next year.

Just keep on spinning mate. 75 bucks = 2 recently released titles. No game is that expensive, much less a beta.

Oh, and you cannot use the beta excuse, because they are charging you MONEY to "test" it. Betas are free. 

• ibanz85ibanz85 Member Posts: 75

Pulling a Funcom?  You mean like not letting any people know what they are buying before they purchase.  Misrepresenting their game?    If thats what your saying then I say that does not sound at all like StarVault here.   (Anyone can read about or discuss the state of the game, read patchnotes,  and watch user made videos. )   If anything pulling a Funcom is what Aventurine did.       Most people will never trust the Darkfall devs again after the shit they pulled.    I currently own Mortal Online and my experience from the devs so far has been "heavenly" in comparison and yes I WILL cut them a bit more slack just for how much they listen and interact with the community.     But yea, the game is broken, a lot of features are missing yet but what the hell, its still beta and so far they havent tried charging me monthly to beta test.   Personally, im having fun ATM and its nothing extra out of my pocket beyond the purchase price.     Other than that complain to me about the game when its released.    

Just keep on spinning mate. 75 bucks = 2 recently released titles. No game is that expensive, much less a beta.

Oh, and you cannot use the beta excuse, because they are charging you MONEY to "test" it. Betas are free. 

Wrong, betas are free when the company developing the game have the recourses to do this, Starvault is a small company, with limited resources. the reason the BOXED edition costs so much as they only produced 10k of them, which costs alot as they were not mass produced, and the fact that they are made from metal.

they also have to pay monthly server fee's, workers wages, electricity and gas bills, high useage broadband, internet suppliers, Global collect.

and you are paying for the preorder, tell me how much people paid for the preorder of a game such as modern warfare 2. which turned out to be a load of hyped up nonsense. roughly the same price as Mortal online in some countries, and that excluded access to the beta.

Kio.

Wrong, betas are free when the company developing the game have the recourses to do this, Starvault is a small company, with limited resources. the reason the BOXED edition costs so much as they only produced 10k of them, which costs alot as they were not mass produced, and the fact that they are made from metal.

they also have to pay monthly server fee's, workers wages, electricity and gas bills, high useage broadband, internet suppliers, Global collect.

and you are paying for the preorder, tell me how much people paid for the preorder of a game such as modern warfare 2. which turned out to be a load of hyped up nonsense. roughly the same price as Mortal online in some countries, and that excluded access to the beta.

FPS games != to MMORPGs, and aside from that, I consider anyone who pre ordered MW2 to be touched in the head a bit. But they knew what they were getting into if they had ever played MW1 or any other CoD game.

As for the things you mention "anyone can look up videos or read the site!" thats been true for only about a week. For months, there was NO information at all, and they were selling beta, SELLING BETA for 80+ without having ANY idea what the game is like. 

You know why they dropped the NDA? To get people like you to run around and promote the game, no you cannot yell at me for saying that, because they literally said it in their press release, they are using every trick in the book to get money pumped into a game that is not anywhere near release ready. When you start charging money for your game, it should function. 

And lastly, this should be funny, what did "Aventurine pull"? that people should  never trust them again? I'll be glad to point out where you're wrong.

FPS games != to MMORPGs, and aside from that, I consider anyone who pre ordered MW2 to be touched in the head a bit. But they knew what they were getting into if they had ever played MW1 or any other CoD game.

As for the things you mention "anyone can look up videos or read the site!" thats been true for only about a week. For months, there was NO information at all, and they were selling beta, SELLING BETA for 80+ without having ANY idea what the game is like. 

You know why they dropped the NDA? To get people like you to run around and promote the game, no you cannot yell at me for saying that, because they literally said it in their press release, they are using every trick in the book to get money pumped into a game that is not anywhere near release ready. When you start charging money for your game, it should function. 

And lastly, this should be funny, what did "Aventurine pull"? that people should  never trust them again? I'll be glad to point out where you're wrong.

who's yelling? o.O

and i want Starvault to suceed, so yes im helping them promote the game as it is a game i can see myself playing many months, maybe even years from now. 

they have very little PR staff, so anything i can do to help get them more customers, is hleping them developt the game, which in turn helps them make the game better, which in turn makes me a happy consumer of their product.

Kio.

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188
    Originally posted by ibanz85

Pulling a Funcom?  You mean like not letting any people know what they are buying before they purchase.  Misrepresenting their game?    If thats what your saying then I say that does not sound at all like StarVault here.   (Anyone can read about or discuss the state of the game, read patchnotes,  and watch user made videos. )   If anything pulling a Funcom is what Aventurine did.       Most people will never trust the Darkfall devs again after the shit they pulled.    I currently own Mortal Online and my experience from the devs so far has been "heavenly" in comparison and yes I WILL cut them a bit more slack just for how much they listen and interact with the community.     But yea, the game is broken, a lot of features are missing yet but what the hell, its still beta and so far they havent tried charging me monthly to beta test.   Personally, im having fun ATM and its nothing extra out of my pocket beyond the purchase price.     Other than that complain to me about the game when its released.    

I think DarkFall is the king of hidden / missing features in the genre at the moment. Little to no info released in same time line. Here we have MO and in comparison Funcom with AoC had twice as many gameplay videos and dev features that Darkfall had.

If darkfall had done the same thing I would of purchased the box upfront for that game too. Difference is StarVault is way more professional and upfront than Adventurine ever has been.

Case in point when all 3 games dropped NDA, it was apparent that MO has a small amount of quests / PVE, AoC had over 1000 under it's belt pre release, DF just didn't really...

I have no qualms about paying upfront for a game if the option is there. With Darkfall things were kept under wraps for too long.

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
    Originally posted by AmazingAvery

Originally posted by ibanz85

I think DarkFall is the king of hidden / missing features in the genre at the moment. Little to no info released in same time line. Here we have MO and in comparison Funcom with AoC had twice as many gameplay videos and dev features that Darkfall had.

If darkfall had done the same thing I would of purchased the box upfront for that game too. Difference is StarVault is way more professional and upfront than Adventurine ever has been.

Case in point when all 3 games dropped NDA, it was apparent that MO has a small amount of quests / PVE, AoC had over 1000 under it's belt pre release, DF just didn't really...

I have no qualms about paying upfront for a game if the option is there. With Darkfall things were kept under wraps for too long.

just becuase you couldn't find the info doesn't mean it wasn't there. AV was upfront, for most things, in their interviews at sites like massively, tenton hammer, and mmorpg.italia prior to the release of the game. Is SV more upfront with what they are releasing, yes since they've said they are releasing the basics since beta started. IMO, its a wash.

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher