Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WoW should have a De-Lvling feature

tro44_1tro44_1 Member Posts: 1,819

Dag, I lvled my DK to lvl 80, so I could have my first lvl 80 alt. I leveled through AV, and had so much fun, grinding my XP points. But damn, once that goal of reaching 80 was met, the game play got stail. Now Iam regreting lvling all the way to 80 now.

Should have stayed 75-79 or something. Cause the 71-79 AV BG was TONS OF FUN!! Damn would be cool if we could go back to older brackets, without rerolling.

Comments

• coffeecoffee Member Posts: 2,007

Aye sounds like a nice idea, also you could de-level an old lvl 80 to match that of a friend who has maybe come back to wow and only has a lvl 60.   Might lead to issues with gear, could you keep the lvl 80 gear in the bank? would the gear stats change based on the level you go down to?

• tro44_1tro44_1 Member Posts: 1,819
    Originally posted by coffee

Aye sounds like a nice idea, also you could de-level an old lvl 80 to match that of a friend who has maybe come back to wow and only has a lvl 60.   Might lead to issues with gear, could you keep the lvl 80 gear in the bank? would the gear stats change based on the level you go down to?

Hierloom effect for gear could work

• MoretrinketsMoretrinkets Member Posts: 730

reroll, rinse a repeat. but I will wait for the expansion to have a good excuse: goblins!

• SignusMSignusM Member Posts: 2,225
    Originally posted by tro44_1

Dag, I lvled my DK to lvl 80, so I could have my first lvl 80 alt. I leveled through AV, and had so much fun, grinding my XP points. But damn, once that goal of reaching 80 was met, the game play got stail. Now Iam regreting lvling all the way to 80 now.
    Should have stayed 75-79 or something. Cause the 71-79 AV BG was TONS OF FUN!! Damn would be cool if we could go back to older brackets, without rerolling.

Its cause the game has very little actual content, just leveling grind. Its a fairly shallow game.

• conanarasconanaras Member Posts: 68
    Originally posted by SignusM

Its cause the game has very little actual content, just leveling grind. Its a fairly shallow game.

If every game had as "little" content as WoW has, I would be a happy man.

1 + 1 = 2... Unless it CRITS!

• lisubablisubab Member Posts: 670
    Originally posted by conanaras

haha indeed.

But SignusM might mean, WoW has a bit of everything but there are aspects of games you might want it done deeper.  The raid bosses and raiding dungeons of WoW is great.  Lots of tactical variety, many fun bosses.  But PvP, the feeling is a little boxed.  WG is a larger instance, but apart from VoA there is no real benefits from winning (oh yeah some shard and a minor buff).  Somehow the kind of DAoC RvR feeling is missing here.

No idea how to merge DAoC with WoW.  I am sure Blizz has torn apart DAoC many times to see what they can rip off that dead body.  But, I still miss DAoC everyday.

• SignusMSignusM Member Posts: 2,225
    Originally posted by lisubab

haha indeed.

But SignusM might mean, WoW has a bit of everything but there are aspects of games you might want it done deeper.  The raid bosses and raiding dungeons of WoW is great.  Lots of tactical variety, many fun bosses.  But PvP, the feeling is a little boxed.  WG is a larger instance, but apart from VoA there is no real benefits from winning (oh yeah some shard and a minor buff).  Somehow the kind of DAoC RvR feeling is missing here.

No idea how to merge DAoC with WoW.  I am sure Blizz has torn apart DAoC many times to see what they can rip off that dead body.  But, I still miss DAoC everyday.

And yet the raid dungeons in WoW are only a shadow of the ones in DAoC.

haha indeed.

Ok boss! Whatever you say! Subjective much?

Btw this thread is derailed. Back on topic folks! °_°

• Predator160Predator160 Member Posts: 128

No.

• pojungpojung Member Posts: 810

Apologies for the harmless troll, but I found it funny that this thread has reached post # 9 and already someone is crying derail

That is exactly right, and we're not saying NO to save WoW, because it is already a lost cause. We are saying NO to dissuade the next group of greedy suits who decide to emulate Blizzard and Cryptic, etc.
    We can prevent some of the future games from spewing this crap, but the sooner we start saying no, the better the results will be.
    So - Stand up, pull up your pants, and walk away.
    - MMO_Doubter

Originally posted by pojung

Apologies for the harmless troll, but I found it funny that this thread has reached post # 9 and already someone is crying derail

Its all about statistics, when 50% of the posts in a thread are off topic, then something is wrong with the train, no?

That, and I wanted to show that funny derail vid I found lol xD.

Originally posted by Moretrinkets

reroll, rinse a repeat. but I will wait for the expansion to have a good excuse: goblins!

I dont like Rerolling Same lvl classed, because it take away te role playing value IMO

haha indeed.

I do not exactly get what you mean.

DAoC does not have a lot of raids.  The most exciting dungeon is "darkfall" with nothing special, just lots of mobs to kill and loot for conversion to crafting materials, notably metal for mail/plate armor.  The fun part of this dungeon is that it changes hands when one side expands in the frontier RvR.  Suddenly side A can enter darkfall which was previously owned and populated by side B.  All hell break loose with pvp and RvR going on.  Ambush the old occupants when they are fighting mobs, or the old occupants line up at the entrance waiting for the new side to zone in and ... fight !!!

Yes DAoC RvR fights can be epic, but ... not really the same kind of games as raid dungeons of WoW.

• BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586

They de-Lvled raiding didn't they? You can do more of them with less people and get items faster.

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

Originally posted by Briansho

They de-Lvled raiding didn't they? You can do more of them with less people and get items faster.

they didnt delvl raids. They just uping the difficalty

Originally posted by Briansho

What exactly are you trying to say, apart from typing a sweeping statement that borders on trolling.

It might be easier to kill some of the bosses, the real test of "success" are in the hard to almost impossible achievements.  Try to clear ToGC without a wipe, that is harder than anything we have seen before wotlk.

Its like a good chess game, easy to play it but very difficult to master.  I see that to be the best way to present a game, whereby both the better geared teams and less geared teams can find something to do, on their own pace and devotion.

• el_muerteel_muerte Member Posts: 191

I'm curious to know your definition of "content" then.  You wouldn't happen to be referring to a thousand star systems with the same background and a random number, from two to 15, of planets/asteroid belts/pirates in spaceships that all look exactly the same and the only difference is the difficulty?  Just curious.

• kakarotragekakarotrage Member Posts: 280

Hold on to your sit they might add this as a paid option =)

World of Warcraft is a proof that MMORPG quality should affect schedule/budget and not the other way around.