Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com is a great MMORPG!

MMORPG.com, the best sandbox game from the creators with the same name:

-Three factions: The Troll, The Hater and The Fanboy, all with unique stats and appearances.

-Over 100 preset classes or create your own custom class, choosing from the many skills present.

-Subtle PvE with very drastic consequences. The powerful mobs of MMORPG.com may deliver permanent wounds that will finally result in the permadeath of your character. Some might say these mobs are very twisted and will backstab you even if you try to ally with them!

-Very complex large-scale PvP system, using an innovative combat system based on texting and typing speed.

-Combat is competely player skill based. No longer you'll have to grind boars, now you must be able to use your mind to win, unless you rolled a troll, which has a special combat system based on randomness!

-Meaningful battles and consequences: conquer and hold any part of the game you want as long as you can! The losers will be laughed at and no longer be able to combat other players!

-Join the hardcore 4th faction: WoW player, where you will be hunted by the other three factions and no sense will be able to save you from their tyranny!

-A lot of non-combat features such as lottery, photography and chit chat at the local inn.

Join now for free!

Comments

• LuckyRLuckyR Member UncommonPosts: 260
    Originally posted by Thenarius

-Three factions: The Troll, The Hater and The Fanboy, all with unique stats and appearances.

-Over 100 preset classes or create your own custom class, choosing from the many skills present.

-Subtle PvE with very drastic consequences. The powerful mobs of MMORPG.com may deliver permanent wounds that will finally result in the permadeath of your character. Some might say these mobs are very twisted and will backstab you even if you try to ally with them!

-Very complex large-scale PvP system, using an innovative combat system based on texting and typing speed.

-Combat is competely player skill based. No longer you'll have to grind boars, now you must be able to use your mind to win, unless you rolled a troll, which has a special combat system based on randomness!

-Meaningful battles and consequences: conquer and hold any part of the game you want as long as you can! The losers will be laughed at and no longer be able to combat other players!

-Join the hardcore 4th faction: WoW player, where you will be hunted by the other three factions and no sense will be able to save you from their tyranny!

-A lot of non-combat features such as lottery, photography and chit chat at the local inn.

Join now for free!

You're still not winning the laptop!

• Toquio3Toquio3 Member Posts: 1,074

This is the kind of post that keeps me coming back here. Way to go =)

If you stand VERY still, and close your eyes, after a minute you can actually FEEL the universe revolving around PvP.

• metalhead980metalhead980 Member Posts: 2,658
    Originally posted by Thenarius

Join now for free!

LOL this MMO isn't balanced the god damn WoW players don't have any skills except the "IWIN" button where they flash the games sub total since they always get owned on the boards. 

Oh well.

PLaying: EvE, Ryzom

Waiting For: Earthrise, Perpetuum

• RautenRauten Member Posts: 38

I'm thinking of trying this, but, can I join more than one faction?

• garbonzogarbonzo Member Posts: 260

LOL nice one.

• pojungpojung Member Posts: 810

10/10! Do the Trolls come with racials by chance? Please tell me if I roll one they'll be overpowered.

That is exactly right, and we're not saying NO to save WoW, because it is already a lost cause. We are saying NO to dissuade the next group of greedy suits who decide to emulate Blizzard and Cryptic, etc.
    We can prevent some of the future games from spewing this crap, but the sooner we start saying no, the better the results will be.
    So - Stand up, pull up your pants, and walk away.
    - MMO_Doubter

• stuxstux Member Posts: 462

There are many who lack any other game...

• cl0vercl0ver Member Posts: 122

I have visited this site for 10 years now it seems.   Sadly,  this site is more fun than the mmos i have played recently.

• 0guz0guz Member UncommonPosts: 287

is there any crafting?

• CeridithCeridith Member UncommonPosts: 2,980

Jedi are still OP'd. Damn alpha classes...

• JoasJoas Member Posts: 27

This game is allright but whenever I try to ask for help or try to start a conversation my post gets engulfed by countless word farmers... :(

• GoronianGoronian Member Posts: 724

I've found a secret fourth faction. Called "open-minded people". You have to swallow you pride 50 times, then allow the mods to punch you in the guts four times for every knuckle-headed post you made. IF you survive, you can enter the faction and they even give you their free armor, which negates half the damage from personal attacks. It's true, I did it!

I wouldn't reccomend to start, as a WoW fan, however, mods seem to punch you the hardest. My char didn't last long enough, so I rerolled.

I hate WoW because it made my plush hamster kill himself, created twin clones of Hitler, punched Superboy Prime in reality, stared my dog down, spoiled my grandmother, assimilated me into the Borg, then made me into a real boy, just to make me a woman again.

• GoronianGoronian Member Posts: 724
    Originally posted by Joas

This game is allright but whenever I try to ask for help or try to start a conversation my post gets engulfed by countless word farmers... :(

Try the "Obscure Reference+2" avatar. You can obtain them pretty easily and they seem to work pretty well.

I hate WoW because it made my plush hamster kill himself, created twin clones of Hitler, punched Superboy Prime in reality, stared my dog down, spoiled my grandmother, assimilated me into the Borg, then made me into a real boy, just to make me a woman again.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

I heard they are announcing an exp pack with the new faction "Old timer who thinks he knows what real gaming is"

I'm so rolling one, I want to use the ability "Know it all" it forces everyone to rage at you and tell you to get a life, its a real hard core Tank faction

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985

The only way I'll give this game a shot is if they offer a free trial. Otherwise there is no way in hell I'm willing to fork over yet another $50 for some crumby game.

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• JoasJoas Member Posts: 27
    Originally posted by Cecropia

The only way I'll give this game a shot is if they offer a free trial. Otherwise there is no way in hell I'm willing to fork over yet another $50 for some crumby game.

But the game has been out for ages...!! Noob!! :D

• RautenRauten Member Posts: 38
    Originally posted by Joas

Originally posted by Cecropia

But the game has been out for ages...!! Noob!! :D

That's just it, the game's been out for ages and still has a $50 price tag! I'm baffled that the devs are allowed to get away with this.

• qazymanqazyman Member Posts: 1,785

Do they have power leveling? I hate it when you can't catch up to the vets!

• VagelispVagelisp Member UncommonPosts: 448

You are right. I think it's time for mmorpg.com to unite forces from all the devs and users that visit its pages and create the ultimate mmorpg based on suggestions from the whole community. Your approach is poor though and lacks details and elements that will fulfil Your role as the lead designer.

• NeanderthalNeanderthal Member RarePosts: 1,861

I'd like to try the "fanboy" faction sometime but it seems to be locked on my account.  What's up with that? 

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854

Ah man, you're the best OP :þ

• NoobfishNoobfish Member Posts: 26

What the hell...