Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What MMOs are you playing

Hi!

I'm new to the forum, well sort of new.  Haven't been in discussions for a while and decided to become more active and re-registered.

I wanted to see what MMO's everyone was playing these days and what new ones that are good and don't require me to invest a ton of time.

Maybe something casual?

Comments

• Toquio3Toquio3 Member Posts: 1,074
    Originally posted by WoWRocks

Hi!

I'm new to the forum, well sort of new.  Haven't been in discussions for a while and decided to become more active and re-registered.

I wanted to see what MMO's everyone was playing these days and what new ones that are good and don't require me to invest a ton of time.

Maybe something casual?

I think im resubbing to Lotro in a couple of days. Thats pretty casual I think. Also you can play instruments in game. Almost 1 year of gameplay and my highest character is 27. I spend most of my time in the prancing pony playing dragonforce on my lute =D

If you stand VERY still, and close your eyes, after a minute you can actually FEEL the universe revolving around PvP.

• SharessSharess Member UncommonPosts: 293

I'm thinking of resubbing WoW before Dec 5th for A) the free dragon whelp pet and B) other MMO's have been severly lacking. I did try LOTRO but gave up after 30 min of ingame play... didnt feel anything good and community was not to my liking in size. Forsaw too many issues.

Sharess Dragonstar - Midgard
    Grievance is recruiting.
  • AmstrupAmstrup Member Posts: 63

playing wow

• RautenRauten Member Posts: 38

Just bought CoX thanks to one of Steam's current blowout sale offers, and going villain. So far so nice, but like any old game, the newbie areas are empty, so teamplay is kinda nonexistant. I don't think I'll last the free month.

• seraphis79seraphis79 Member UncommonPosts: 312

I just resubbed to LoTRO, after being away since the MoM expansion, but I haven't played much.  I think I have 3 hours or so played since I subbed.  It was out of boredom and desperation since I currently don't really have an mmo that I consistantly subscribe to.  I think my EQ2 acct just expired on me yesterday and I only had a few days played during the month.  I'm actually debating on reactivating my Darkfall account to see how much it actually has improved since launch.

*sigh*  I really need a good mmo that fits my playstyle.

• SharessSharess Member UncommonPosts: 293

CoV? yeah the game is fun and the superpowers are unique to people but the areas from 1-20 range are very empty. I found myself soloing because other plasyers were either Terribad or REALLY not team orientated *when you duo in a quest mission you get 2x mobs*

Sharess Dragonstar - Midgard
    Grievance is recruiting.
  • ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

None at the moment. Chances are I will still be playing games like Guild Wars and Borderlands until either The Old Republic or FFXIV comes out.

• Darkness690Darkness690 Member Posts: 174

I'm currently playing CoH/V and Aion, having fun in both.

• EthianEthian Member Posts: 1,216

Currently playing Aion and Dragon Age. I don't recommend Aion at all if your looking for something fairly casual. Dragon Age is hella fun if your looking for a good story based RPG.

"I play Tera for the gameplay"

• abyss610abyss610 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,131
    Originally posted by Rauten

Just bought CoX thanks to one of Steam's current blowout sale offers, and going villain. So far so nice, but like any old game, the newbie areas are empty, so teamplay is kinda nonexistant. I don't think I'll last the free month.

try rolling a hero on one of the more popular servers, ALOT more heroes than villians. trying to remember wich server i played on last summer but it was pretty packed never had trouble getting groups.

me i'm playing EQOA,Aion and think my Fallen Earth is still going.

• ChachChach Member Posts: 69

I reverted back to FFXI after being away for 3 years.  I wouldn't recommend going back to that game if you are starting from scratch or you are a casual gamer, unless you have other friends taking the plunge with you. 

I was extremely interested in Fallen Earth so I went out and bought it.  The game does a great job with environment immersion and I haven't played much yet due to the Thanksgiving break but I have a feeling it will keep me entertained until some of the big titles near the end of 2010.

I really would be just satisfied with FFXI but it's a huge grouping game and it's been tough lately even with level sync.  Lots of kiddies playing CoD and others, etc.  So Fallen Earth is great off peak hours, etc.

• WoWRocksWoWRocks Member Posts: 2

Nice!  Have you heard of Dragonica Online?  Seems fun and I see they continue to post new in-game stuff that looks kewl.