Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does the population in this game seem to be growing...

...or is it just me? It appears that there are more and more people logging on and the lower levels seem to be busier. Then again, I'm on Brandywine, so maybe it is just this server. It also could be more players rerolling, but overall it seems a lot more crowded lately. Maybe I'm wrong, just a thought. I'm curious to know what it is like on the other servers.

Great game though. The best out there atm IMHO. Now if only they could redo the character models to make them a bit more proportional and give us a tad more options with character creation, ie more faces to choose from, hairstyles, etc. I think it's the eyes or something as almost all faces look similar. If they could do those things, this game would be the best, by a long shot.

Your fail comment, failed.

Comments

• EmeraqEmeraq Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

It seems that some areas are a bit more full than others in Landroval. While I saw no players in Archet or Combe, I saw a ton of players in Bree, (but there always seemed to be a lo tof players there). I also saw plenty of players in Esteldin and Tunindin (sp?)  Which doesn't speak to me that new accounts are opening and coming to the game, but rather existing accounts returning to the game....Just my 2 cents.

• GreenLanternFanGreenLanternFan Member Posts: 374
    Originally posted by Emeraq

It seems that some areas are a bit more full than others in Landroval. While I saw no players in Archet or Combe, I saw a ton of players in Bree, (but there always seemed to be a lo tof players there). I also saw plenty of players in Esteldin and Tunindin (sp?)  Which doesn't speak to me that new accounts are opening and coming to the game, but rather existing accounts returning to the game....Just my 2 cents.

You might be right. Maybe returning players in anticipation of the SoM expansion.

Landroval was the other server I had thought about rolling on as I've heard that server also has a really good community. Although I've had an account since beta, I never really played all that much until now. Regardless, I'm very happy that I bought the lifetime sub way back when. It's nice not having to worry about a monthly sub. I wish more games offered a lifetime, although I would be hesitant on purchasing a lifetime sub for a lot of the garbage games out there atm.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    Originally posted by MrcdesOwnr

You might be right. Maybe returning players in anticipation of the SoM expansion.

Well, that's exaxctly what it is. Same thing happened before Mnes of Moria.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • PapadamPapadam Member Posts: 2,102

Maybe alot of people have been leveling alts while waiting for the expansion, it have been pretty quite at higher levels last week from my experience.

Since SoM looks awesome Im sure there will be alot of people around after release :)

If WoW = The Beatles
    and WAR = Led Zeppelin
    Then LotrO = Pink Floyd

• GreenLanternFanGreenLanternFan Member Posts: 374
    Originally posted by Sovrath

True! Regardless, I would highly recommend that more people give it a try by taking advantage of the 10-day free trial as the game is a breath of fresh air, compared to the majority of the other games out there. Especially those of you older or more mature players out there.

The community in this game is very friendly. I've only run into one annoying player that was following me around waiting to loot some resources while I cleared out the mobs in the vicinity, but that's not a deal breaker by any means. Then again, maybe I've just been lucky.

True! Regardless, I would highly recommend that more people give it a try by taking advantage of the 10-day free trial as the game is a breath of fresh air, compared to the majority of the other games out there. Especially those of you older or more mature players out there.

The community in this game is very friendly. I've only run into one annoying player that was following me around waiting to loot some resources while I cleared out the mobs in the vicinity, but that's not a deal breaker by any means. Then again, maybe I've just been lucky.

Oh, there are some real winners in this game.

Like the time I was attacked by more than one mob. Now, I have a guardian so that really isn't too big of a deal and does give me a chance to really enjoy myself as opposed to just one mob.

Suddenly a Champion comes over and helps. Well, that was very nice of him so I finsihed killing my mob and he was able to take out another. I let him finished killing the mob so that he would get all of the xp for the kill.

I then thanked him for his help (as it seemed that he was doing this to be helpful). He then starts laying into me because I didn't help him finish the mob. I explained to him that I did indeed want him to get the full xp (he wasn't in danger of dying that's for sure) and that I did thank him, all he had to do was scroll up to see.

So he takes off and I continue down the area (was a quest I was on). Suddenly, he comes back, and essentially destroys all the mobs in the area that I was fighting (good ol' champion aoe attacks) and then takes off without a word.

I'd be embarrassed to tell you the violent thoughts I had toward him for his temper tantrum.

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

• UW1975UW1975 Member Posts: 183

Oh, there are some real winners in this game.

Like the time I was attacked by more than one mob. Now, I have a guardian so that really isn't too big of a deal and does give me a chance to really enjoy myself as opposed to just one mob.

Suddenly a Champion comes over and helps. Well, that was very nice of him so I finsihed killing my mob and he was able to take out another. I let him finished killing the mob so that he would get all of the xp for the kill.

I then thanked him for his help (as it seemed that he was doing this to be helpful). He then starts laying into me because I didn't help him finish the mob. I explained to him that I did indeed want him to get the full xp (he wasn't in danger of dying that's for sure) and that I did thank him, all he had to do was scroll up to see.

So he takes off and I continue down the area (was a quest I was on). Suddenly, he comes back, and essentially destroys all the mobs in the area that I was fighting (good ol' champion aoe attacks) and then takes off without a word.

I'd be embarrassed to tell you the violent thoughts I had toward him for his temper tantrum.

Idiots are everywhere. I got kicked out of a PUG once at the 20s because the PUG's "leader" insisted on looting all the corpses himself and then after the quest, split the hoard by trading with him according to his wishes. I argued it would take ages to do that. He replied me that he was the PUG's leader, therefore he was free to choose whatever method he wanted. Next without saying anything, he kicked me and 2 other guys out LOL.

Some people are plainly immature, some need really to think that this is a game. They shouldn't take themselves too seriously.

However the vast majority of the LOTRO community is polite, if not helpful. Seems that the lack of extensive PvP have kept out the most immature people and kept at bay rivalries between kins.

Originally posted by UW1975

Idiots are everywhere. I got kicked out of a PUG once at the 20s because the PUG's "leader" insisted on looting all the corpses himself and then after the quest, split the hoard by trading with him according to his wishes. I argued it would take ages to do that. He replied me that he was the PUG's leader, therefore he was free to choose whatever method he wanted. Next without saying anything, he kicked me and 2 other guys out LOL.
    Some people are plainly immature, some need really to think that this is a game. They shouldn't take themselves too seriously.

However the vast majority of the LOTRO community is polite, if not helpful. Seems that the lack of extensive PvP have kept out the most immature people and kept at bay rivalries between kins.

Yes, I would have to agree that the community in LOTRO is better than many games I've tried.

It's sort of sad to say that you could be right about the idea that since it is not a pvp game that a lot of pvp players avoid it and therefore the community is more mature.

I mean, I love pvp but have noticed that there is a breed of pvp player that seems destined for a shrink and a couch. Or perhaps it's just a small but very vocal type of pvp player that brings a bad name to "pvp player". I would certainly hope so.

• free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043

A friend of mine got me in to LotRO long enough to cap out a Captain. I could handle the no PvP. Not used to it but could handle it.

Things fell apart for me in LotRO when I encountered a player gathering Dwarf Iron, killing and grinding. His english was poor but you could tell by his pointing out his nice armor, nice stuff, lots of gold that he was very solo.

I met him in one of the big cities and he was trying to talk in local and was being ripped for being a chinese gold farmer. I went out of my way to tell the entire city to STFU, eat shit and die. Sent the guy a PM and chatted him back in to a good mood. Logged out. The game never felt good after that.

Maybe its all the years of trying to play EvE with russian only players. The blatant prejudice offended me in a genuine way. It was a black mark for LotRO, even if it might have been isolated.