Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does the game have PvP?

Haven't found anything on this.

Comments

• vladakovvladakov Member Posts: 710

Are you serious or are you just trolling?   this is by far the dumbest question i've ever read on this forum...

OFCOURSE IT HAS, ITS ALL ABOUT THE  EMPIRE vs. REPUBLIC WAR DOH!

• GPrestigeGPrestige Member UncommonPosts: 523
    Originally posted by vladakov

Are you serious or are you just trolling?   this is by far the dumbest question i've ever read on this forum...

So, basically, no there isn't any PVP

-Computer specs no one cares about: check.

-MMOs played no one cares about: check.

-Xfire stats no one cares about: check.

-Signature no one cares about: check.

------------------------------------------------------------
    -Narcissism: check.

Originally posted by GPrestige

So, basically, no there isn't any PVP

while writing a  20 page long "retaliating" response message for you, i realized you were trolling me, /applause to you, cheers, throw a party, tell your friends, come to holland and smoke weed with me <3 !

• tenthringtenthring Member Posts: 173

Alright kids, calm down.

I have found plenty of info about classes and story, but none about PvP.  Arena's, battlegrounds, open world?  Advancement, titles, looting?  I have found nothing on how they are handling PvP.  That's what I'm looking for.

• TharcideTharcide Member Posts: 97

I would also like to know about this, so anybody  really know?

I would certainly hope there is.

• greed0104greed0104 Member Posts: 2,134

Yes it has PvP. They said so at PAX.

• kobie173kobie173 Member UncommonPosts: 2,075
    Originally posted by greed0104

That, and in the smuggler rundown they did for Gamespot (I think), they mentioned one of the smuggler armor sets as being a PvP reward set. 

So I started to walk into the water. I won't lie to you boys...I was terrified. But I pressed on, and as I made my way past the breakers, a strange calm came over me. I don't know if it was divine intervention or the kinship of all living things, but I tell you, Jerry, at that moment ... I was a marine biologist.

• TheHatterTheHatter Member Posts: 2,547
    Originally posted by kobie173

That, and in the smuggler rundown they did for Gamespot (I think), they mentioned one of the smuggler armor sets as being a PvP reward set. 

oh god

Please tell me you're kidding.

Originally posted by TheHatter

oh god

what in the name of buddha is wrong with  PVP REWARDS? 

oh god

Depends on how they are done I guess. PVP Points Ala WoW, to me are a half assed attempt at making PVP worth something.... but it's not really worth something, it just makes you kinda feel that it is.

Fallen Earth, even has these and it's pathetic. I just hate to see another game go the way of pointless PVP. I know this game will never have hardcore PVP in any means of the word, but I just want it to have a purpose.

With a faction system like this and it being Bioware, I was hoping for something more. But, they could be throwing something new at us, idk. Games usually don't work when you try and straddle PVE and PVP, hopefully if they do have horrible PVP then it's just on the backburner kinda like WoW.... but then what's the point in the 2 factions? 

Depends on how they are done I guess. PVP Points Ala WoW, to me are a half assed attempt at making PVP worth something.... but it's not really worth something, it just makes you kinda feel that it is.
    Fallen Earth, even has these and it's pathetic. I just hate to see another game go the way of pointless PVP. I know this game will never have hardcore PVP in any means of the word, but I just want it to have a purpose.
    With a faction system like this and it being Bioware, I was hoping for something more. But, they could be throwing something new at us, idk. Games usually don't work when you try and straddle PVE and PVP, hopefully if they do have horrible PVP then it's just on the backburner kinda like WoW.... but then what's the point in the 2 factions? 

They was asked about PvP in the PCgame magazine. They're staying very quiet about it, same response as normal. It's either going to be really good or really bad.

• RoosterNashRoosterNash Member Posts: 283
    Originally posted by tenthring

Haven't found anything on this.

Search PAX'09 swtor. PVP is present in the game.

THE Rooster Nash

• ZodanZodan Member Posts: 564

As long as you don't need to do Pve to be competitive in pvp it's all good.

Man, I really hated WoW for that.

• IllyssiaIllyssia Member UncommonPosts: 1,507

oh god

I am interpreting this as meaning that anything without FFA PvP cannot be hardcore perhaps? Seems a very subjective judgement to me. Surely more accurate to call hardcore putting a lot of effort to become very skilled as a game maxim.

Originally posted by Illyssia

I am interpreting this as meaning that anything without FFA PvP cannot be hardcore perhaps? Seems a very subjective judgement to me. Surely more accurate to call hardcore putting a lot of effort to become very skilled as a game maxim.

Considering I think FFA PVP is one of the dumbest things ever put into a game.... I'm gonna have to go with: No you're wrong.

• DarksunriseDarksunrise Member Posts: 41

oh god

I have to agree with Please tell me you're kidding... There is a few things that can be wrong with pvp rewards. One main way is WoWs take on pvp rewards with the resiliances stat, without that stat you cant compete in pvp, well you can, but i dont think you'll like your out come. Realy thats the only thing that will bother me or that does bother me.
    If pvp rewards are equal to normal gear you get from questing or raids thats perfect.

• tenthringtenthring Member Posts: 173

Thanks for your help.  I guess they don't have many details but at least I know it exists.

• AnubisanAnubisan Member UncommonPosts: 1,798

OP, they have said several times that there WILL be PvP. However, they have not provided any details about how the PvP will be implemented.

Believe me, we all want to know the details as much as you do. We'll just have to wait and see...

• DekapitatorDekapitator Member UncommonPosts: 261

It will have what is called Care Bear Pvp.No looting.

If you want True PVP try Darkfall, Eve Online, Ultima Online and few others.

• Xondar123Xondar123 Member CommonPosts: 2,543

Does a bantha shit in the desert?

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011

oh god

For one thing, any kind of gear gap leads to imbalanced gameplay. I know some players thrive off of having the best stats and creating as big a gap between them and other players as possible, but for PvP it's imbalanced and unfair.

Second, item rewards are material and shallow. They pretty much ensure that players will largely only participate in areas of PvP that have item rewards, leaving zero unpredicatability or creativity.

And third, it implies "grinding", meaning that the activity is done solely for the purpose of obtaining items, rather than enjoying the game and trying to work with your team for victory. Basically, team loyalty and comaradarie, as well as any will to win, becomes frivolous.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

Originally posted by Dekapitator

OMG DUDE U MUST BE BADASS IRL.

• donjuanamigodonjuanamigo Member Posts: 256

well i was going to reply to this thread but it looks like everyone else that has saved me some time.

Originally posted by Palebane

oh god

For one thing, any kind of gear gap leads to imbalanced gameplay. I know some players thrive off of having the best stats and creating as big a gap between them and other players as possible, but for PvP it's imbalanced and unfair.

Second, item rewards are material and shallow. They pretty much ensure that players will largely only participate in areas of PvP that have item rewards, leaving zero unpredicatability or creativity.

And third, it implies "grinding", meaning that the activity is done solely for the purpose of obtaining items, rather than enjoying the game and trying to work with your team for victory. Basically, team loyalty and comaradarie, as well as any will to win, becomes frivolous.

Good points.

I think PvP gear can be done but it should not have some sort of trump card like WoWs awesome fantastic failure that is Resilience. I would be cool with it being a mirror of dungeon gear.  It really does not become a main focus unless you strait out PvP and don't PvE, seems most people enjoy doing both.

• kobie173kobie173 Member UncommonPosts: 2,075

Originally posted by Dekapitator

OMG DUDE U MUST BE BADASS IRL.

OMG

I love the people who think that they're hardcore because they play a game where you can loot off players.

Player looting only encourages exploiting and the kind of degenerate behavior that turns people OFF from PvP.

So I started to walk into the water. I won't lie to you boys...I was terrified. But I pressed on, and as I made my way past the breakers, a strange calm came over me. I don't know if it was divine intervention or the kinship of all living things, but I tell you, Jerry, at that moment ... I was a marine biologist.